Ghost

Post by AUBUISSON » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:07 pm

Hello
How to fly with several ghosts

Gunth3r

Re: Ghost

Post by Gunth3r » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Assuming you have saved tracks.

Go to free flight > notam > on the right side under ghost > select how ever many of the ghost names (saved tracks) you want to fly with > start flight.

I've done with up to 5 at a time + me.

Cheers

AUBUISSON

Post by AUBUISSON » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:18 am

Hello

Thank you for your answer, but what you explain to me I have already understood, this is not what I ask.
How do you record multiple ghosts in the same flight. One, I can do but several ...?
Thank you

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:24 am

You can replay more than one ghost flight, but you can record only the flight of the glider effectively flying, not the ghosts

On peut rejouer plusieurs vols fantômes dans un vol, mais on ne peut enregistrer que le vol du planeur qui fait le vol, pas les fantômes
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:27 am

If its an online flight with many players, you need to obtain the FTR of the other pilots. You can usually download most of them from condor club, then use those as ghosts.

T-bone Tom

Post by T-bone Tom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:58 am

I have a problem. I've recorded two ghost files and tried to put them in a flight plan. So far I've only been able to add one to a new flight plan, not the two, but the program is not recognizing either of them.
I've followed the directions (as far as I understand them). I go to the load programs section in NOTAM and select the .ftr file from the list (both are there) but I can only get one to show up in the ghosts list in NOTAM,
I've checked the box and left the box unchecked, started the flights but still no ghosts.
What am I missing?
BTW, its not the program, its the beginner/ user. I guess old helicopter pilots don't transition well to silent flight. After all, we don't actually fly, we beat the air into submission. :wink:
Thanks for your help.
Condor is awesome.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:05 am

It might help if you posted the FTRs somewhere.
Are they both on the same scenery?
Did you deselect the appropriate filter if the ghosts where recorded in different weather, or different tasks or time or other settings?

FWIW, this is what it looks like when you download a bunch of FTRs from condor-club from the same competition flight:

I disabled the filters just to show them, as in this case they all share the same task, timing, weather, etc.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:02 am

another thread on the same topic : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18854

T-bone Tom

Post by T-bone Tom » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:36 am

Thanks guys. The task was the same in all cases but I don't remember if I made any weather changes or anything else, so I'll try and disable all the qualifiers in the Ghost box and see if that works.
I appreciate all the help as always.
BTW, I just completed the 100 km Novo Mesto triangle in the Blanik and finally got the standing O for completing the course. 1st time to fly that flight plan too. Yea me. Not bad for an old 74 year old helicopter pilot.
That is way to cool.
T-bone Tom

T-bone Tom

Post by T-bone Tom » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:30 am

One more thing.
I finally got the ghost to sort of work but I have two questions.
1. When I start the flight, the ghost takes off directly on top of my airplane and stays there until release from the tug, and is really confusing.
If I wait a couple of minutes, the ghost takes off and then I can start the flight and launch. But I never see the ghost again.
2. After I launch, I never see the actual ghost airplane again.... there is a yellow message that I'm assuming is the ghost that trails behind me but never seems to catch up.
I want to fly in competition with the ghost, so is the equal launch box the answer to this question?
How can I fine tune this feature.
I really love this simulator.
Thanks one more time.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:01 am

T-bone Tom wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:30 am
1. When I start the flight, the ghost takes off directly on top of my airplane and stays there until release from the tug, and is really confusing.
wait a couple of seconds instead of a couple of minutes.
Anyway, the ghost is nothing but a ghost, it will not collide with you.

If I wait a couple of minutes, the ghost takes off and then I can start the flight and launch. But I never see the ghost again.
2. After I launch, I never see the actual ghost airplane again
in order to see the ghosts farther away, you should set the "Plane icons range" to the maximum value in the [NOTAM] tab.
.... there is a yellow message that I'm assuming is the ghost that trails behind me but never seems to catch up.
what you see is probably your own label (try to change the viewpoint with F2 or F3 - back inside the cockpit with F1)
I want to fly in competition with the ghost, so is the equal launch box the answer to this question?
Not necessarily, but it would sure help as taking off behind a towplane obviously takes more time than an airborne start so the ghost might have flown away when you arrive to a decent altitude.
One way to fine tune that would be by adjusting the start time & window of the task in order to make sure you take off more or less synchronously with the ghost

OolloO

Post by OolloO » Mon May 04, 2020 10:19 am

Hello,

Can I start ghost plane manual?
Yesterday I took off but ghost plane continue stay on airfield.
When I flew about 50 km - I saw him flying out of the cloud )