Pacific North West, USA Scenery under development

Everything related to creation of new sceneries for Condor...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

Stefke

Post by Stefke » Sun May 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Sorry,

had not enough time for testing :oops:

Please download it again. Name of the scenery is PacificNW(1.0)

LEAN

Post by LEAN » Sun May 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Thank you very much, all is ok, now :D

:D

drgonzo

Post by drgonzo » Wed May 21, 2008 2:25 pm

i´ve downloaded it again, but all runways are white... no ..\world direcory found...
Dr. Gonzo is flying OZONE Rush 3

David R

Post by David R » Wed May 21, 2008 7:24 pm

I down loaded it last night and had no problems. I think something corupeted in your down load. However, it sounds like either you are missing the runway texture file or the airport obj file is looking in the wrong address. should be an eays fix but I can't do more until I get home. Let me know which airports are just white. Also if you run the Speedbattle World task do you get a white runway at Dufur?

DMR

David R

Post by David R » Thu May 22, 2008 5:45 am

First, there is no world directory in PacifcNW(1.0) so that is one reason why you can't find it.

you should have a folder Landscapes\PacificNW(1.0)\Airports
under this folder you need to have the following files

rnwyend.tga
rnwyenda.tga
rnwymid.tga
rnwymida.tga

For every airport there should be 3 files with the airport name plus a G or O or S. Open the one with a G in notepad. check to see if it is looking in the right place for the runway texture. It should be coded as "Landscapes\PacificNW(1.0)\Airports\Rnwyend.tga" if not let me know.

let me know if you find the above files and if you find the correct code in the ******G.cx file

DMR

drgonzo

Post by drgonzo » Thu May 22, 2008 7:03 pm

thx david, i`ll be back soon with an update. i´ll try to download again... maybe you´re right. i´ve downloaded on condor.cc now i am trying from speedbattle server..

drgonzo

Post by drgonzo » Thu May 22, 2008 7:08 pm

download from speedbattle does not work --> timeout

so i uploaded content from ..\pacificNW\ dir zipped...

hope it helps... thx for support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David R

Post by David R » Fri May 23, 2008 4:55 am

drgonzo,

I see the problem. The folder should be named PacificNW(1.0) not PacificNW. This means the airports can't find the texture file because it is looking for a non existing folder. I think you happened to down load the program before the installer was fixed. I'd erase all the PacificNW folders and down load over again. I could tell you how to fix what you have but I'm afraid you would then get booted off the server for modified files.

Don't panic, we'll get you up and running before long. :lol: :lol:

DMR

drgonzo

Post by drgonzo » Fri May 23, 2008 6:19 am

8) 8) 8) downloaded again and now runway looks much better. thx for support... and thx for this awesome scenery... 8) greets from zurich

Post by 22 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:38 pm

Hi David,
only notice, we founded problem on this scenery with low FPS, when thermal activity is set to High value. Many ppl have usually FPS under 20 and in global view, FPS is going down about half in comparison with other sceneries.

Regards,
Marek

David R

Post by David R » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:02 pm

Hi Marek,

Yes I have notcied a problem with FPM during high thermal conditions. I'm not sure what causes this problem. I'm making a new scenery that uses much less photo detail to see if that changes the problem. Wish I knew the true sorce of problem so I could correct it.

Post by 22 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi David,
imho it is causing high thermal activity which is set in your default scenery thermal map. You can try manually modify any FPL from other scenery and set value higher as is max number for High activity. FPS in other sceneries is going down also...In this case Condor consuming much more performance for generating thermal..if your new thermal map will be more sporadic, than FPS will be ok also for high activity. I think that normal activity now would be high activity in new thermal map.

Regards,
Marek

David R

Post by David R » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:49 am

Ok, I'll review the thermal map. Can't say that I understand the thermal map process very well so I'll take another look and see if I can figure something out. If I can't I'll PM you for some help.

DMR

Post by 22 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:40 am

Hi David,
sorry, I am not scenery creator and havent any experience with creating thermal map, but I think, if you send question to Cadfael or other sceneries creators, they help you sure. I know, that Cadfael made any experiments with settings of thermal map for Czech Republic and it was tested during development.

Regards,
Marek

fkb

Post by fkb » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:04 am

ok where can i get it!