kharmon

Condor 3.0, honestly please . .

Post by kharmon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:22 am

just kidding . . . . :wink:
8Zulu

francisco_1824

Re: Condor 3.0, honestly please . .

Post by francisco_1824 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:25 am

Greetings, for a long time the prospect of Condor 3.0 has been a running joke around here, since at least 2018 that I'm aware of, probably longer. I've periodically popped in to see if there's any progress and get what amounts to a blowoff with just enough of a hint that something may actually be being done to keep the dream alive.

Can Uros, GR, OXO or anyone connected with the dev team please let us know what is really going on with straight answers? We have been very patient and it would be nice to be told the truth where this project actually stands.

If it's lack of funds we can organize a kickstarter/gofundme/patrean/etc (I'd be happy to help) to make it happen right now, preferably with the original team that made this fine sim. However at this point they're not up for it or are too busy with life still and nothing is happening it's time to be honest and say so, that way the community can move on instead of waiting for something that is not going to happen.

VR is upon us and sailplane flight is a perfect fit in every way and never have such possibilities been so accessible. Lets not collectively blow this opportunity to showcase soaring to masses thirsty for quality VR experiences or waste any more of our time when we could be flying gliders in VR today.

DX12 is obsolete, even for 4d monitors or projection. Even just porting Condor to DX13/14/15 would be satisfactory, as the only thing Condor truly lacks is pixels and is still the goto soaring simulator. This is the most significant contribution to soaring that anyone could make at this time, and I'm sure I'm not alone wanting to throw money or time at it to make it happen.

Respectfully,
-me
reg-#:LV-EIX
comp-#:JS
Astir club
ls1(not yet)

sisu1a

Post by sisu1a » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:25 am

I heard Condor3 will be coming out around Christmas :wink:

maymar

Post by maymar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:09 am

IRWIR :lol:

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:17 am

Not funny.

I'm considering suspending anyone who starts a V3 thread. :twisted:
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:54 am

Someone has news from Olympia?
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Farlander

Post by Farlander » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:48 pm

No reason to wait, right? we're all wondering how long it will be untill 3.0 is realeased. Currently i'm downloading Condor 2, and i wonder just for how much longer will we be stuck with this old version that's been the same and recieved no updates since 21.02.2018.

/sarcasm end

Really looking forward to flying in condor 2 :D it looks like a great update from V1. Good job condor team!

AdamUK

Post by AdamUK » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Chris

This is the first time I've been on the form for a good while, years maybe. With the prospect of purchasing V2 this was the first Thread I came to. As you say, I think it would be best if this thread was removed as it's only potentially going to stop people from purchasing V2 if they seriously think a V3 is only imminent. All of us originally involved in V1 know just how much effort it takes to make such big jumps. V2 might just persuade me to start flying Condor again.

I know it was only a joke but we all know what we are like.

Best of luck with Version 2 guys.
Adam

Fingers

Post by Fingers » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:21 pm

Just discovered condor2, it runs like heated butter at 1.8 super sampling in VR with max graphic settings. Feels great, runs great, as a paraglider/hang glider the thermal, ridge lift feels intuitive as I would expect in real life.... and looks good enough low down, amazing from high. Solid trees a nice surprise.

Please don't focus on eye candy at the expense of physics. Leave that to the likes of Microsoft. There's not a PC available to the richest kings and queens in the land that would be able to run MSFS 2020 in VR smoothly.

IMO if anything is missing its the possibility of nimbus cloud, rain, hail and the danger this could ensure.

Great job so far guys.

sisu1a

Post by sisu1a » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:05 pm

Fingers wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:21 pm
Just discovered condor2, it runs like heated butter at 1.8 super sampling in VR with max graphic settings. Feels great, runs great, as a paraglider/hang glider the thermal, ridge lift feels intuitive as I would expect in real life.... and looks good enough low down, amazing from high. Solid trees a nice surprise.

Please don't focus on eye candy at the expense of physics. Leave that to the likes of Microsoft. There's not a PC available to the richest kings and queens in the land that would be able to run MSFS 2020 in VR smoothly.

IMO if anything is missing its the possibility of nimbus cloud, rain, hail and the danger this could ensure.

Great job so far guys.

There is no danger of that and in fact this 3.0 thread is parody of the 'Condor 2.0 Honesty please' thread started in 2016, which existed because Condor 1 was mired with DirectX7 (released for Windows2000) limitations since 2006(?) while hearing 'Condor2.0 comes out Christmas haha' year after year on the forums. The physics were always good and the rendering pipeline has always taken backseat.

viewtopic.php?t=16914

mikeonb4c

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:53 am

Fingers wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:21 pm

Great job so far guys.
Making a rare visit to the forum and read this comment, which I think is spot on. My real world glider pilot recollections are more than able to render in my imagination any graphic deficiencies in my Oculus headset, and it is the essential challenges of XC soaring that Condor 2 delivers on so well that matter most to me. The kind of thing I might like to see in a new version might be (unless it's there already and I've not spotted it) weather that changes as you move through an XC task, better map resolution / place names / topography in the PDA, lead and follow XC tuition (though for me the joy is just going your own way and learning alone by doing) etc etc. But honestly, if the development stopped at Condor 2 it would still be enough to keep me happy for a long time. So thanks to all the dedicated genii who put it together - you've made this reckless old flyer a happy man. I've even made some videos to put on youtube ha ha

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHgm ... dLI3EDTxSs

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:07 pm

It's not stopped Mike. Many exciting improvements and new features are in the works for 3.0
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

hkj

Post by hkj » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:33 pm

Please share what's cooking, will ease the wait. Post some screenshots from development, spill the beans. Highly appreciated.

juro

Post by juro » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:43 am

Who else thinks something comes for Christmas?

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:02 pm

juro wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:43 am
Who else thinks something comes for Christmas?
Not me..
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team