Condor 3 feature requests

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Petrucci14

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Petrucci14 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:27 am

Hello, here are some of my thoughts for C3.

- Being able to plug-in joystick after joining the game.
- Being able to switch audio devices once in game (from headphones to speakers for instance)
- In-game menu (Sound, Input etc.)
- Being able to hide plance icons in task settings.
- Full ballast as default.
- FLARM
- Voice chat
- Lee side sink remodelling (too much currently imo)
- Shared cockpit
- FES
- Being able to fly tow plane (maybe sometime later)
- In-game server list (I still use the Hitziger website)
- Option for panel customization
- Having the comp. number shown in chat like N.Name (N1)
- Native XCSoar support (I don't use it but many do)
- Airspace support

Probably some were already mentioned. Obviously, I don't except all of these at launch and I haven't even mentioned weather which is the top priority in gliding.

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:06 am

Petrucci14 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:27 am
- Being able to hide plance icons in task settings.
This is already possible. In the Notam tab set the slider "plane icon range" all the way to the left. That turns the icons completely off.
PH-1504, KOE

Petrucci14

Post by Petrucci14 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:25 pm

Right, I forgot about that. I wonder why no one is using it at 0.
Is it actually completely zero? Does it show on the ground for example when you're in line a couple meters behind others?
Honestly, I have never been in a lobby where there were no plane icons visible at all.
This feature will be very useful when/if FLARM will be introduced to make you more reliant on a piece of instrument rather than being able to locate gliders with high accuracy, just by looking out of the cockpit or pressing F2 even.

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:11 pm

If it is at 0 they are completely disabled. I've seen servers with them a 1 or 2 kms. I think the X-mas cup uses 1 km.
PH-1504, KOE

Avelina

Post by Avelina » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:04 pm

-Female pilot options (including pilot model). I remember being surprised to be misgendered by Condor the first time I ripped the wings off while seeing what flutter was about. Please stop assuming everyone is male.

-Give the option to maximize the flight planner window. Right now it doesn't even take up half the area of my monitor, and it feels like there is a lot of wasted space this way.

Kekelekou

Post by Kekelekou » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:20 pm

- A way to select turnpoints by name when creating a task
- A way to set up all turnpoints at once (for example, an "apply to all TP" box in the TP parameter setting window)

Post by 6266 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:34 pm

Petrucci14 wrote:
then you solv one problem with another one. On tasks with limited weight (FAI f.x.) you will start with to much ballast if you forget to modify. Better if you can safe the actual setup for the next flight for each plane. That can happen automatically, so you start each plane with the last used setup
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:42 pm

6266 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:34 pm
Petrucci14 wrote:
then you solv one problem with another one. On tasks with limited weight (FAI f.x.) you will start with to much ballast if you forget to modify. Better if you can safe the actual setup for the next flight for each plane. That can happen automatically, so you start each plane with the last used setup
What is wrong with having it being default empty? That is also how you find the plane in hangar/trailer in real life. The advantage of Condor is not having to drag around 8 canisters of water. :lol: . I know that we almost always fly full ballast, but I understand the developers choice of having it empty by default.
PH-1504, KOE

Post by 6266 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:51 pm

I understand it, if you are disconnected f.x. 2 minutes before end of join in, maybe reboot your pc and come back in the last seconds you forget or don't have time for the setup. In this case it would be good, to restart with the last settings, default full or default empty can be wrong both. IRL there is no disconnect, so it would be a help for the virtual situation
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:54 am

Avelina wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:04 pm
-Female pilot options (including pilot model). I remember being surprised to be misgendered by Condor the first time I ripped the wings off while seeing what flutter was about. Please stop assuming everyone is male.

-Give the option to maximize the flight planner window. Right now it doesn't even take up half the area of my monitor, and it feels like there is a lot of wasted space this way.
A female pilot's face could be overlaid onto the current pilot's base model, albeit the current pilot model doesn't have all the curves in the right places for a woman. I changed my pilot so it appeared to be Chewbacca from Start Wars at one point in time, can't recall why now :lol: It would be easier if it were simply an option in setup though, to choose whether you're male or female, not a Wookie :mrgreen:

Latter option to maximise the flight planner would be great, especially as when zoomed right in there is a glitch currently where if you click on a TP it puts the TP miles away on the opposite side of the map.
wickid wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:42 pm
What is wrong with having it being default empty? That is also how you find the plane in hangar/trailer in real life. The advantage of Condor is not having to drag around 8 canisters of water. :lol: . I know that we almost always fly full ballast, but I understand the developers choice of having it empty by default.
Empty is ideal, unless a default can be set by the task setter. I have found it fun using restricted ballast, especially in 18m class tasks. Using a wing loading limit of 11ft/lb or 54kg/m levels the playing field greatly and it doesn't pay to automatically default to the JS3. I find this the better way to level the field over the weather conditions. In the real world it's talked about how X may be better than Y due to weaker conditions however for some reason in Condor this doesn't work out. For example I'm yet to find weather conditions that favour the Libelle over the other club class gliders but in the real world this can happen.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

JulietLima

Post by JulietLima » Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:32 am

As far as I can see this hasn't been requested in the previous 325 posts, so for those of us using Condor as a training tool on a multi projector simulator it would be great to have independent field of views and offsets for each supported monitor. This would allow us to have a small overlap between the projectors and so use the blending capability of the Fly Elise-ng Immersive Display Pro software.

Jarmo K

Post by Jarmo K » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:21 am

Please, please, reduce penalty zone line density a lot. 90-95% of the lines should go... It will still be well visible.
When having penalty zone covering complete task area, map page on Condor PDA is totally useless :(
Jarmo
penalty zone line density.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JShieck

Post by JShieck » Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:16 am

Avelina wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:04 pm

+1
And correctly displayed in multiplayer.

emdurigon

Post by emdurigon » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:20 am

Hi! It would be nice to be able to swich the avionics on gliders, to closer simulation of the pilots IRL setups.... I suppose it may be hard given the different gliders models...

juro

Post by juro » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:29 pm

All menu shown in VR.