Condor 3 feature requests

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Sprunga

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Sprunga » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:40 am

Rotareneg wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:12 pm
It'd be nice if you could restart after landing at the starting airport when flying offline. It's mildly inconvenient currently to practice winch or towing as you have to host a MP session to enable the restarts after landing.
+1 please!

JShieck

Post by JShieck » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:39 pm

Rotareneg wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:12 pm
It'd be nice if you could restart after landing at the starting airport when flying offline. It's mildly inconvenient currently to practice winch or towing as you have to host a MP session to enable the restarts after landing.
+1

Kekelekou

Post by Kekelekou » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:50 pm

+2

Regarding airspaces and penalty zones, it would be nice if their properties (coordinates, height, etc) could be saved in a .ini format (for instance) for each landscape.
Different sets of penalty zones could even be saved for each landscape (realistic, no limitations, and so on), and selected from a list in the task creation tab.

Post by 6266 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:33 pm

I have a very special wish, thinking round three month about a solution, but find nothing existing.

In the Vintage Series we fly where we want with OLC methods. Is there a task type with turn points the turn points are calculated after the flight based on the flight track. I would like to define turn points on special task types before the start, but this has to be done by each pilot for his own individual flight.

The task in Condor we use has only a start point. In an offline flight we could use a usual and individual Condor flight plan with turn points. But not on the server, flying together with others and each pilot has his own plan.

My idea is to create a zone on my server where everybody can upload his plan before his flight. Because we are flying virtual it's of course possible to fly first, create and upload the plan, wait a while and upload then the flight. Nobody of us would do that, but I don't like solutions with cheating possibilities. So I need a place where a pilot can name his plan before the flight.

I see two options in the IGC file somewhere here

LCONFPL[Version]
LCONFPLCondor version=2180
LCONFPL[Task]
LCONFPLLandscape=NWPoland
LCONFPLCount=1
LCONFPLTPName0=Elblag

Option 1: LCONFPLRealTime=20220625130000 (for 13 o'clock today UTC)

The real time, not the in game time of the beginning of the flight. Problem: If you take the time from the system, you can cheat with the clock in your system. So the time has to be calculated via a time server. That seems to me too complicated and with the possibility of a hang, if the server don't answer. But would be the easiest for the pilot

Option 2: A comment typed by the pilot in the chat with a special key.
igc.jpg
F.x. igc 4711 writes in the IGC file something like this

LCONFPLMSG130000=4711

The time in the variable name is the in game time, so I can see when the message was written. So in the calculation after the flight it can be f.x. accepted that the task was named in the first 10 minutes of the flight.

The whole procedure could be to upload the plan on the zone, give it a name, start the flight and type the name of the plan in the IGC file. That is a prefect documentation that the plan was written before the flight.

Because that is a very special request maybe nobody else have need for, I would accept to pay for it (depends of course on the price ;-) ). We can discuss that via pm.

Thanks for reading

Maybe I haven't seen an existing option to get the same result, I thank for any hint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:12 am

Engine failures, with a separate percent per engine start for a no-start condition and percent per minute of run-time to kill a running engine.

Mogster

Post by Mogster » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:25 pm

Is there a public release date for Condor 3?

I can see the addition of gliders to MSFS bringing quite a lot of new people this way. People who try the gliders in MSFS enjoy them then want something more from the weather and flight models. As a Condor 1 user for a while I must admit the gliding discussions on the MSFS boards have brought me back here to see what was going on.

DCS for combat/ fast jets, MSFS for larger maps, GA/touring, Condor for gliders. Makes sense to me.

Gunth3r

Post by Gunth3r » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:51 am

1) Native Reverb G2 support.

2) Option to specify which direction tow plane turns on glider release.

n98Bk9-NT3

Post by n98Bk9-NT3 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:06 pm

Dear all,

Regarding TP helper, I would like to have an option to hide a cylinder.

In spectator mode, it is good to understand situation, but when I prepare no-PDA tasks, I do not want to show cylinders to pilots. Only showing a pole is acceptable because reading a map to find TPs are sometimes difficult in some scenaries.

hkj

Post by hkj » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:12 pm

Instead of supporting one or the other headset, add support for all major headsets (oculus / steam / openxr)

Higher /sharper looking resolution textures (might be a dull due to the lack of multiple light sources, reflections, scattering etc?)

Volumetric clouds

Speed trees or something similar to support dense forests. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quwjw-NVZPc

ATC

Better lighting and shadows.
Last edited by hkj on Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by 6266 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:33 pm

hkj wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:12 pm
High resolution textures.
What do you mean with that? More than 8192 pixel for a tile? If not it has nothing to do with Condor 3, because the Condor team doesn't build landscapes. There are some people who do it for free, or Condorworld, they do it for a very little money.

If you know free sources for high resolution (satellite) images, please name them here, so they can be used. Else I recommand to look at the price lists ...
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

hkj

Post by hkj » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:28 pm

remove this post, doublet.
Last edited by hkj on Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hkj

Post by hkj » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:38 pm

6266 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:33 pm
hkj wrote:
What do you mean with that? More than 8192 pixel for a tile? If not it has nothing to do with Condor 3, because the Condor team doesn't build landscapes. There are some people who do it for free, or Condorworld, they do it for a very little money.

If you know free sources for high resolution (satellite) images, please name them here, so they can be used. Else I recommand to look at the price lists ...
I mainly mean crisper and sharper looking textures, with bump mapping, normal mapping, etc, some scratches and dings visible here and there.
The cockpits for example are very clean and drab compared to a real glider. Some textures could be more glossy, some matt etc.

When it comes to the environments, they also need better lighting and shadows. I don't really care who makes them, I as a consumer notices a lack in details and these are my wishes for what would improve this sim, all my humble opinion though. Perhaps instructions or a base level or requirements should be fulfilled when making environments. Just trying to be creative while raising the bar. No need to start waving the "it's free and people do it in their spare time". Perhaps the map maker tool should include tools to generate ground map noise, bushes, trees, buildings etc?

I think it can be solved in a number of different ways.

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:09 pm

hkj wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:38 pm
6266 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:33 pm
hkj wrote:

I mainly mean crisper and sharper looking textures, with bump mapping, normal mapping, etc, some scratches and dings visible here and there.
The cockpits for example are very clean and drab compared to a real glider. Some textures could be more glossy, some matt etc.
We choose to make all gliders like they are/were factory new. So no dings and scratches.
PH-1504, KOE

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:14 pm

Hi HKJ

As a hobby plane and scenery modeler/developer for Condor, i hope bumpmapping will be implemented in the future.
Unfortunately Condor is not made by thousands of developers like MS but by one or two people.
So it will always remain a slow process but will get better more and more
p.s.
All scenerys are made by Condor users and are free of charge so far.
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:22 pm

Your new textures for V3 do a great job almost as good as bump mapping Jan.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team