Condor 3 feature requests

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Sprunga

Re: Condor 3 feature requests

Post by Sprunga » Fri May 20, 2022 1:12 am

Stormrider wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:17 pm
Another one I've thought of and not seen mentioned - would be great to be able to turn off the screenshot notification text at the top, and just leave the sound. Often if you want to take several screenshots quickly the text ruins all but the first one because it takes a while to disappear.
Just 'toggle HUD' off and that will turn off the screen shot notifications as well. The sound of you taking the screen shot is still present.

NeZeroZ

Post by NeZeroZ » Sat May 21, 2022 9:32 am

Better VR support is a must for me, fully interactable cockpit with motion controls would be incredible but just opening it up to native steamVR headsets rather than Oculus only would be a huge improvement.

A more realistic wave simulation would go a long way to making Scotland more fun. We get a range of different wave influenced conditions here that just don't seem to be simulated in Condor. For example, weak wave that's constantly shifting around, rotor, wave bars that set up much lower than you can do in Condor (like cloudbase starting at 3000ft).

avanspron

Post by avanspron » Mon May 23, 2022 5:26 am

Hi,

As a task setter (for aussie task) It would be nice if we could better manage our task list using folders or even better make so we can pick where we want to save the flight plan. I am up to 150+ saved flight plans and it can take time to find something even using a naming convention.

Arie
AV

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:48 pm

avanspron wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:26 am
As a task setter (for aussie task) It would be nice if we could better manage our task list using folders or even better make so we can pick where we want to save the flight plan. I am up to 150+ saved flight plans and it can take time to find something even using a naming convention.
I'm a task setter too and with close to 2000 saved flight plans I can only support this request
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Bill Daniels

Post by Bill Daniels » Tue May 24, 2022 5:10 am

For those of us who use Condor for flight training, I would like several new features such as:

An option to have "REFLY" appear as soon as the glider stops and have the reset happen as quickly as possible.

Far more control over the winch launch such as set the length of the rope to match the available runway and set the power of the launch as a percentage of glider weight.

Finally, I would like to be able to set the XYZ coordinates, heading and airspeed for an AIRBORNE start.

I think all instructors would really like these.

Stormrider

Post by Stormrider » Tue May 24, 2022 1:51 pm

Sprunga wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:12 am
Stormrider wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 11:17 pm
Another one I've thought of and not seen mentioned - would be great to be able to turn off the screenshot notification text at the top, and just leave the sound. Often if you want to take several screenshots quickly the text ruins all but the first one because it takes a while to disappear.
Just 'toggle HUD' off and that will turn off the screen shot notifications as well. The sound of you taking the screen shot is still present.
I want the HUD for other things though! Would be nice to have the option to avoid having to keep turning it on and off

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sat May 28, 2022 4:25 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:48 pm
avanspron wrote:
I'm a task setter too and with close to 2000 saved flight plans I can only support this request
Related to that issue : it would be very very nice if Condor could remember the name of the currently open flightplan, so that it can be used by default when saving it (task setting sometimes implies some iterations :roll: )

In the same vein, how about being able to paste something (e.g a filename) into the dialog box ?
BTW this goes for all dialog boxes with text input
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sat May 28, 2022 5:45 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:25 pm
Bre901 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:48 pm
avanspron wrote:
Related to that issue : it would be very very nice if Condor could remember the name of the currently open flightplan, so that it can be used by default when saving it (task setting sometimes implies some iterations :roll: )

In the same vein, how about being able to paste something (e.g a filename) into the dialog box ?
BTW this goes for all dialog boxes with text input
You are in beta team, so you know how, where, and who to ask 🙂
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:22 pm

Beta team mates are not allowed to disclose they are in the beta team :lol:
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Post by 6266 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:20 pm

BOD1 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:22 pm
If so, I wish it for Bre901, that's a very good request ;-)
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat May 28, 2022 8:46 pm

BOD1 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:22 pm
Lol, the list of members is on the website on the credits page :wink: .
PH-1504, KOE

Tomer_Alt

Post by Tomer_Alt » Mon May 30, 2022 1:51 pm

maybe the possibility to use 2 landscapes at once so things like the channel crossing (uk-france) would be possible

Jarmo K

Post by Jarmo K » Mon May 30, 2022 4:04 pm

Don't know is it possible, but "JOIN TIME LEFT" -clock on GUI page(s) would be nice to have after connecting server and before actually joining the race. Especially for those who connect in very last minute still thinking that there's time to disconnect and reconnect.
br,
Jarmo

wickid

Post by wickid » Mon May 30, 2022 5:19 pm

Jarmo K wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 4:04 pm
Don't know is it possible, but "JOIN TIME LEFT" -clock on GUI page(s) would be nice to have after connecting server and before actually joining the race. Especially for those who connect in very last minute still thinking that there's time to disconnect and reconnect.
br,
Jarmo
I'm more in favor of getting rid of the jointime concept all together. I much rather have a "grid time" like in a real glider race. So you can join the launchgrid before a certain time, to get launched before the startline opens. If you are late, you can still join until the startline closes, but you won't be taken into account for the opening of the startline.
PH-1504, KOE

Jarmo K

Post by Jarmo K » Mon May 30, 2022 6:11 pm

wickid wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 5:19 pm
Jarmo K wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 4:04 pm
br,
Jarmo
I'm more in favor of getting rid of the jointime concept all together. I much rather have a "grid time" like in a real glider race. So you can join the launchgrid before a certain time, to get launched before the startline opens. If you are late, you can still join until the startline closes, but you won't be taken into account for the opening of the startline.
This looks even better option; You possibly have some influence on realizing this? 8)
br, Jarmo