FAI Virtual Gliding

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

havet865

FAI Virtual Gliding

Post by havet865 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:31 pm

🚀 We are very proud to announce the launch of our new platform! http://virtualgliding.fai.org

✅ The IGC delegates have approved today, with a large majority, the proposal to create a Virtual WGC.

🌎 FAI Virtual Gliding is an international initiative created by the community, for the community; and I would like to thank the dozens of people worldwide who contributed to this project so far. A working group will work with the IGC and the FAI Virtual Gliding Group to develop the sport in the coming years.

We will organize and promote races with attractive livestreamings, for a better understanding of our sport by the public; and we will develop training for pilots worldwide with all National AeroClubs.

It is the beginning of a new era for our sport! Gliding is now accessible for everyone, everywhere around the world. 🤝

The first event will take place with you all tomorrow. You can still register on Condor.Club for the 'IGC plenum demo'.
We will livestream the race via http://twitch.tv/faivirtualgliding + http://facebook/fai.virtual.gliding where you will receive a briefing for the race, and a presentation of the project.

Servers:
We will launch 4 servers of 40 pilots for obvious safety reasons: it will be a regatta start.
Please join the discord channel now, as it is mandatory for safety: https://discord.gg/MsuD4m6D3P
You will be able to join one of the "Pilot Frequencies" from 'OPEN 1' to 'OPEN 6'.
If able: try pilots of the server 1 will try to connect on OPEN 1, pilots form server 2 will try to connect on OPEN 2....

Please take some time to read the website, there are already a plenty of infos.
I recommend reading the FAQs in the 'About' section, where you will learn how we plan to organize and broadcast our races in the future.
There is also an open form for those who would be interested to join us in the future!

You will be able to ask your questions in the tchat, and I'll try to answer them in live.

See you tomorrow!

For the Virtual Gliding team,
Antoine Havet

CristianoConrado

Re: FAI Virtual Gliding

Post by CristianoConrado » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:45 pm

Last edited by CristianoConrado on Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CristianoConrado

Broken Simulator

Post by CristianoConrado » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:54 pm

Broken simulator !!!

Got that error in the middle of the flight of : FAI eSports event - IGC Plenum demo.
Just got a new PC and changed work shifts for be part of it.
Can you imagine how upset I am?

ACESS VIOLATION AT ADRESS 0040A501 IN MODULE 'CONDOR.EXE'
WRITE OF ADRESS 000000000

Windows 11
I9 12900K / Strix Z690 E
32 GB DDR5
10 GB VRAM GPU

If that thing can not run Condor properly, nothing will do.
Something is broken in that simulator.

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:05 pm

And i noticed the transmission PC of FAI also had a Condor Crash during the transmission.

Last edited by CristianoConrado on Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

CristianoConrado

Re: Broken Simulator

Post by CristianoConrado » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:06 pm

Last edited by CristianoConrado on Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CristianoConrado

Re: Broken Simulator

Post by CristianoConrado » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:07 pm

Last edited by CristianoConrado on Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:09 pm

Are u going to make a reliable eSport plataform or will we keep having that kind of frustration???

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:16 pm

I can understand that you are upset, but no one's life or even health has been endangered :roll:
Please note that multiple posts are useless (and are a waste of bandwidth) and will not be accepted :!:

Your posts have been merged
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

havet865

Post by havet865 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:45 am

Hi CristianoConrado,

We knew the day before that we would have such issues, because we were not using the same computer as before for our livestreamings.
We couldn't make it work better than that because we knew that we needed to re-install Condor properly to avoid such issues, and we did not have the time.

We are 100% sure that it should work again by re-installing Condor2 from zero again.
It has to be done sometimes...

Note that MSFS is very unstable and unreliable right know, so there would be no point using it + we trust the Condor team to develop new tools and a great Condor3 sim.

I am sure they will find a way out of the blue screens that may happen in the future.
We are aware of potential issue, and we already said that our events would be based on top 5 or top 6 our of 7 races to cover any issue someone would have. Blue screens almost never happen (never had one in 2 years here), but lags due to server issues can happen and lead to mid-air collisions.

The rules for the Virtual SGP will come out soon, and you will see that those events are covered by the rules.

Hope it helps!
Thanks again to everyone that joined the server yesterday for the demo flight. We've had a lot of great feedback so far and the FAI & IGC presidents & delegates were very happy about it.

Enjoy your week end!
I'll answer all emails & messages after wednesday, we have other stuffs to deal with :wink:

Antoine

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:41 pm

Hello all,

I have a complete fresh installation in a complete fresh windows 11 installation, in a brand new computer, with few programs installed, it is not the issue.
I need to say i love Condor from the first release but it is not possible to not be frustrated with continuous: "Out of Memory", "Acess Violation" crashes.
I was out for ~6 months after loosing lots of tasks/competitions for crashes.
I was using my daughter laptop without problem and solved to got a new powerfull rig just for Condor
I did and do a lot to help the growth of the interest in Condor in Brasil and South America, acting togheter with de Brasilian Federation in oficial competitions (Brasilian Federation "FBVP", was the first to organize a oficial Virtual gliding Competition), and I was one of the first to talk about FAI competitions and transmissions of the races, asking Condor Team to make the spectator tools we are using today.

But...

I need to ask somethings else to Condor Team:

1) If we are going to use this simulator as a OFICIAL Virtual Racing Plataform, the most important thing is STABILITY of the SERVERS and CLIENTS.
That is the first thing to be revised.

2) What is the cause of each of that usual crashes? What is the oficial recomendation of Condor Team to avoid each of them? Is it a Condor setting/code problem or a Windows issue? Can we do something with Windows Setting to avoid it? Did you identified the issue and are working on a patch for it?

3) What is the recomended setting of each landscape used for the FAI competitions? (we know the memory problem is a issue for some few landscapes as AA).

Me and lots of pilots are waiting for a solid manifestation from Condor Team as I am myself ready to put Condor aside and spend my LITLE freetime with something else.

Cristiano Silva Conrado Moreira
[CON]

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:52 pm

BTW;

Why Brasil and Argentina, with so many active pilots, with so much regular competitions, so big effort from the National Federations to support Virtual Gliding Cups, has no races planned on this FAI/IGC initiative.

It is a GROSS lack of attention with both so passionate Condor communities.

wickid

Post by wickid » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:14 am

CristianoConrado wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:52 pm
BTW;

Why Brasil and Argentina, with so many active pilots, with so much regular competitions, so big effort from the National Federations to support Virtual Gliding Cups, has no races planned on this FAI/IGC initiative.

They follow the real life qualifying events and dates. There are no south american events planned this grand prix series.
PH-1504, KOE

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:46 am

That is fair enough!

arneh

Post by arneh » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:17 am

wickid wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:14 am
There are no south american events planned this grand prix series.
Actually, not Argentina or Brazil, but there will be one in South America, in Chile, Jan 8-15.

havet865

Post by havet865 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:49 am

CristianoConrado wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:52 pm
BTW;

Hi Cristiano,

Don't worry, everything is under control here...
Please read the website carefully and understand the different types of events.

1) Virtual SGP is basically the same as the real SGP and considered as the TOP event where the best pilots would qualify to the world final.
There are still discussion ongoing about the servers (how many servers open per race), as we want everyone worldwide to be able to compete ot those events. What do you think would be the ideal UTC time to fly the tasks in south America?
Note : SGP is a position-based scoring so you need to be a very good pilot to get a chance to compete to the World Final obviously, as there will only be 20-22 pilots competing there.

2) Virtual World Cup will become Virtual WGC and aims at welcoming all levels of pilots worldwide. You can compete and fly the 14 days of races even if you are not the best one to represent your country for example. There is no selection to enter the event and get a ranking.
Note : WGC is a performance-based scoring. We do not know yet were the Virtual WC/WGC will take place, but it will not be in Europe.

3) eSports Series is a laboratory: meaning that we will be able to race with any format anywhere in the world to promote the sport.
For sure, if you offer something cool, we will organise an event in Brasil. Please get in touch with us by using the contact form at the bottom of the page: https://www.virtualgliding.fai.org/esports-series

And if you want to organise events in South America or help this initiative to grow, you can always join the team: https://www.virtualgliding.fai.org/join-the-team

Have a nice day,
Antoine