Condor 2 no longer running up???????

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Spirals

Condor 2 no longer running up???????

Post by Spirals » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:45 pm

Hi there

After finishing the task on Tuesday night Regata Pirineos I was watching other finishers with F8 and whilst doing so as the gloriously pink K8 was approaching the finish Condor hung and stopped responding. There was no BSOD and I can't remember whether Condor died naturally or whether I had to end it from Task Manager. I do recall that it failed to save the last track (hence no upload).

The next time I tried to run Condor up was tonight ahead of NLCC 20m and it won't run up!

Double clicking on the shortcut produces a small patch with the Condor sillouete and the dreaded rotating blue circle which just sits there and it fails to progress any further and does not run up. Eventually I have to killed it from Task Manager.

Has anyone any idea what I need to do to fix this issue? I have never come across this problem before and despite being an avid reader of this forum do not recall hearing of the same issue.

Any help (especially if succesful) greatly appreciated.

Regards
Steve

BOD1

Re: Condor 2 no longer running up???????

Post by BOD1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:07 pm

Try to reboot?
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Spirals

Post by Spirals » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:14 pm

Thanks BOD1

Have tried that a couple of times but no difference.

Steve

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:20 pm

Look at logs, we could have a clue. Look at Windows Event logs too to get the error cause. Could be a lot of thing (dying disk, disk full, antivirus running it in sandbox, Condor or Windows aborted update, ...)

Spirals

Post by Spirals » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:08 am

I've looked at the logs and can't see anything obvious - but my computer knowledge is low.

However whilst doing so I left the blue circle spinning and it turns out that after around 3 mintues a message in the same sized small retangle comes up.

This simply says 'Provider load failure' and if you press on the 'OK' button the main Condor 2 window runs up v.2.1.6, Pilot Stephen Hill, and all looks in order, it allows you to go into free flight and to fly and to watch a replay so would seem fine except for the initial long run up and weird entry.

However in Freeflight mode all the previously paid for and activated planes now state 'This plane is not activated' and therefore the only planes that are useable are the ones such as Antares/Blanik/Grunau that came with the original Condor 2 package.

Does this throw any light on what the issue might be and how it may be solved?

Until the failure on Tuesday night Condor had seemed solid and reliable so I can't help thinking that the events are somehow linked.

Steve

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:20 pm

You might try temporarily moving your pilot folder out of the Documents/Condor/Pilots folder to see if it's somehow corrupted and confusing Condor.

Failing that, uninstall and reinstall Condor 2.

If that doesn't work, you may have bigger issues (like corrupt operating system files, etc.) so I'd try running the Windows system file checker: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... d86e0ef4ca

Spirals

Post by Spirals » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:32 pm

A search of the forum suggests that this is the first time 'Provider load failure' has been posted so it must be unusual and being a warning within Condor 2 presumably points to an issue which even if not common might be identifiable?

Some more info in the hope that it helps pinpoint the issue.

Apart from the wierd and lengthy entry via 'Provider load failure' and all the bought and previously activated planes no longer being activated all seems to works fine - freeflight, load a copied fpl, flying a task, saving it and uploading it to Condor Club all work.

After 'saving as' it again reverts to the small Condor 2 sillouete rectangle and if left for around three minutes up comes 'Provider load failure' and pressing OK takes you to the main Condor 2 screen from which you can exit normally.

I tried in freeflight using the previously provided and used keys to re-activate a couple of the previously bought and activated gliders but the response was just 'This plane license key is already bound to another Condor license key'. So currently although Condor 2 seems to work I can only use the gliders provided with the original Condor 2 package.

Rotareneg - thanks for your help.

I removed myself from the Pilots folder (which was then empty) and on running Condor 2 up it immediately asked for new pilot data so I left it as default and then it reverted again to the small rectangle (but this time with no rotating blue circle and just the mouse pointer) but after around three minutes it came up again with 'Provider load failure' and pressing OK up came Condor 2 with pilot as the default 'FirstName LastName' and the bought aircraft still not activating.

With my computer knowledge an uninstall and reinstall is likely to cause more issues than it solves and I suspect that the dozens and dozens of forgotten goodies, tweaks to instruments, maps, et al over the years will all be lost :-( so that would be a last resort at the moment.

Hopefully the further info provided above will enable an expert to pinpoint the issue - Cotasa, head tracker, TS, Firefox, MS Office, headphone/microphone, and other apps (including Condor 1) all seem to work so it is likely that any corruption is within Condor 2 or at least confined to the OS's (W10) interaction with Condor 2.

Clearly any help appreciated (I am able to mark thermals for a considerable time).

Steve

P.S. Even What3Words doesn't have a loaction for 'Provider load failure'.

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:46 pm

Attach your Condor 2 log files, logfile.txt and errorlog.txt, to your post, you can just drag them in the the message box when editing or typing up a new post.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:24 am

Rotareneg wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:46 pm
Attach your Condor 2 log files, logfile.txt and errorlog.txt, to your post, you can just drag them in the the message box when editing or typing up a new post.
To do so, preferably use the "code" tags (</> in the toolbar)
Have you contacted support ?
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Spirals

Post by Spirals » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm

Hi all

SEEMINGLY NOW RESOLVED - this is what happened for those who may suffer similar.

Saturday night's PC close down prompted for Windows update/restart which I accepted.

Sunday afternoon when running Condor 2 up before checking the logs I had no further 'Provider load failure' issue (which afer all Google says is from WMI and caused by failure to load required providers). Condor 2 ran up straight to user inferface but with all the buttons greyed out except Help, Exit and Activation which were still bold.

I put in the original Condor 2 activation code which was accepted and automatically bolded all the other headings and allowed freeflight but worryingly left the bought and previously activated gliders (presumably all) still as 'This plane is not activated'. I used the original keys to activate the first three that were bought (L.S.8, Swift and JS1C-21) and closed Condor down to check that it was remembering the activation and not only did it remember those three but then 'mysteriously' all the others which I'd bought were fine and did not need reactivating individually.

I did check the Condor error log and the last entry was nearly a month ago so not connected to this issue and nothing in the log file as today's actvity had overwritten that.

I am sure that the issue goes back to the use of F8 and changing the angle of view after Tuesday night's Regata Pirineos TD1 possibly generating my low value graphics card to overload and crash Condor which then perversely needed a Windows update to reset whatever had been affected.

Rare that MS do something that helpful but it goes someway to rectifying the issues that Windows updates have caused me with Condor over the years.

Many thanks to BOD1, Rotareneg and Marc for responding and to others that no doubt took the time to consider the issues.

Relieved that an uninstall, etc. may not now be necessary.

Regards
Steve

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:42 pm

Great to hear! I think it was a corrupted system file/registry key, the thing that happen when the computer hangs or shut down during a system update.
It could be useful to create a Windows restore point now.