UK VSC Discord & Schedule

Moderators: KipperUK, Paul_UK

KipperUK

UK VSC Discord & Schedule

Post by KipperUK » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:42 pm

For those that are unaware of the existence of the UK VSC - It was originally borne out of the successful Condor 2 groups separately operated by Yorkshire GC (Sutton Bank) and The Gliding Centre (Hus-Bos). Cambridge GC later joined the fun, and now we have pilots at all levels representing at least 20 of the UK's gliding clubs.

The idea is not to replace those private groups that many have set up; but just offer a central connection point of UK pilots who want to join larger races (often on UK landscapes) and meet new people (virtually).

We presently race on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2pm and 8pm UK time. The evening races tend to be the most popular, and each race offers a new task designed to last in the 1.5 - 2 hour range, and we offer voice chat through Discord. There is presently a Std Cirrus competition running in the Thursday evening slot but new pilots are welcome to join it.

We are also developing the United Kingdom 'big' landscape with Andy (who created the other UK landscapes) leading the effort - anyone with 3D modelling, tree painting, texturing or testing skills is welcome to join the effort which has its own section on Discord, and a Trello board.

We aren't unfriendly to non-UK pilots - with several from different parts of the world regularly joining us. If the race times are good for you, join in. If you speak English, join in the voice chat. We are very friendly!

The Discord group is here: https://discord.gg/EwDXEMF

Once you join; head over to #bot and tell us which club you're from (there is an option for 'virtual' if you are not affiliated with a UK gliding club).

drombach

Re: UK VSC Discord & Schedule

Post by drombach » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm

Great post :D

garymortimer

Post by garymortimer » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:55 pm

I'm here for roll call

Arshi

Post by Arshi » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:43 am

It would be great to join the raceGBWhatsApp :D :D

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:23 am

Hi Arshi. Please join the Discord channel where you can find out more information. Next task is today and we'll be flying on UK Landscape.

If the Discord link no longer works (it should) let me know and I'll post up a new one.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....