Re: Quest 2 Feedback

Post by JLN » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:10 pm

Hi

My PC Has
Processor Intel Core I7 4770 3.6 giga
16 g DDR3 pc 12800 1600 mhz
Graphic card (brand new for Condor and Quest) Nvidia RTX 2060
And win 10

The flight with oculus prog was really fluid and smooth.
I will try revive.
Regards.

ryanwoodie

Post by ryanwoodie » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:45 pm

I am interested find out if Revive is working the same. I haven't yet heard of anyone having the native Oculus VR mode work just as well as Revive. I think there have been a few people that thought Oculus VR mode was OK, until they tried Revive and noticed the massive improvement.

Perhaps the Oculus software has been updated and now better supports an older SDK/API with Quest/link? My computer is packed away (just moved) at the moment otherwise I'd test it out here.

JLN

Post by JLN » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:08 pm

Hello

After testing it seems that the Revive injection mode is better than the direct oculus program mode. I found that when flying for example very near trees and looking at them on the side of the glider , the scrolling of the trees was perfect with Revive and slighly bumpy with oculus direct.

With Revive Condor setup stops at "Almost done" and is not visible on screen when with oculus prog it opens completely and can also be played on the screen (but not together)

The main problem with revive is that it freezes sometimes wich is very boring. Has somebody a clue to solve this ?
I will try sidequest to see it there is a mean to improve the rendering
Regards

Isartaler

Post by Isartaler » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:36 pm

I tried different versions of Revive, but injecting the Condor.exe file does not do anything. What am I missing?

Apart from that: what runtime is everbody using? The SteamXR or the Oculus?

Looks like the Steam runtime works a little smoother. It can be entered in the regedit command. Or back to SteamXR within the Steam VR Settings.

witor

Post by witor » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:36 pm

Any chance that i will have a decent experience using Quest 2 with GTX 980?

k6chris

Post by k6chris » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:47 pm

witor wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:36 pm
Any chance that i will have a decent experience using Quest 2 with GTX 980?
GTX 980 is probably OK, what CPU and RAM do you have?

witor

Post by witor » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:37 pm

i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz 16GB of RAM and GTX 980

Will that do?

Normally (not in VR) I am getting over 100 FPS on most landscapes even with many multiplayer gliders

k6chris

Post by k6chris » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:21 pm

witor wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:37 pm
i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz 16GB of RAM and GTX 980

Will that do?

Normally (not in VR) I am getting over 100 FPS on most landscapes even with many multiplayer gliders
That CPU is just over the minimum spec for Oculus Quest Link VR, and I think adding Condor on top might struggle? Give it a go, upgrading to a better CPU is not too difficult or expensive (you just need to find out which CPUs your motherboard will support).

Chris

witor

Post by witor » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:26 pm

With Quest 2 I find image a bit too blurry for my liking (Numbers on ASI are difficult to read). I tried to increase resolution in Oculus software (from x1 to x1.7) which improved quality but mowements are a bit choppy. With revive it is smooth but I can't see a way to increase the resolution. Even if my resolution is set to X1.7 in Oculus software when I run condor through revive it seems to go back to X1. Is there a way to control condor resolution when Revive is used? If yes how?

Out of curiosity what sort of resolution are you getting when you fly in condor with quest 2?

Isartaler

Post by Isartaler » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:56 pm

I have the slider to the full right. And switching between 72hz and 80hz. With the Oculus Debug Tool or OTT you can change the bitrate for the Link connection. I have it set to 200 for maximum smoothness.

Today i fiddled around with Nvidia Control Panel, and that made it worse in relation to smoothness. So I let The application (Condor) decide again.

What Nvidia Driver are you using? I kept 457.30 because in case of MSFS2020 this turned out to be the best for the 20xx Series and VR.

ryanwoodie

Post by ryanwoodie » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:58 pm

witor wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:26 pm
Is there a way to control condor resolution when Revive is used? If yes how?

Out of curiosity what sort of resolution are you getting when you fly in condor with quest 2?
TL;DR: 5408 x 2736 . Make sure Steam settings (click the left hand controller menu button when in revived Condor) is set to "auto" resolution, then adjust in Oculus software, and restart Steam/Condor for it to recognize the new resolution.

Longer answer:
I am not sure the exact interaction between both, but you can set the resolution in Oculus Software AND in Steam settings (when using Revive) . Once the Oculus resolution is set, I think Steam basically "inherits" this setting as the default HMD resolution. So, if Steam is set to "auto" resolution you should be able to just control resolution using the Oculus software. Steam (ie. Revive) needs to be restarted after making changes to Oculus.

For myself, I set the render resolution in Oculus to maximum (i-8600 cpu and 2080 gpu), which to answer your second question is 5408 x 2736 (keep in mind the Quest 2 has a 3664 x 1920 display, so a higher render resolution increases the "crispness" and not the physical resolution). I just leave Steam set on auto resolution and use Oculus software to adjust it.

jorgecam

Post by jorgecam » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi all,

Just an strange thing: When I launch condor2 from its icon I get about 60-80 FPS but with variations that generate a bit of stutter. But when I launch it form the multi-player server list in the condor page using the JOIN button, I get solid 90 FPS all the time !!!!!

If I terminate the multiplayer fly and load a new free-flight, it goes smooth, until I close the application.

The only expanaiton I have is that the JOIN button in the server list launches the application with some parameter or option that makes it work better .... It would be nice to know what it is, to do it always and not only when launching from the web.

thanks
jorge

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi all,

Thank you to all of you guys, for all explanations provided in this topic. I struggle a lot, but now my Quest 2 works fine!

Just to tell how great improvements using Quest 2 for Condor 2 are, versus flat screen (I was using a wide 32", 1440p) .

I must also congratulate the Gliders Developpement Team for the quality of internal cockpits. They are all amazing in 3D.

Two words for scenery makers:
VR increase all sceneries' defects:

- The use of low resolutions satellite photos (i.e. < 4096 pixels for a Terragen tile) is awfull. Paste a low resolution satellite photo on a 8192 pixels Terragen tile don't change anything.

- For synthetic artworks textures, 8192 pixels is mandatoty.

- Airports and 3D objects must be built more carefully.

Good flights!
*****- Xavier - (XDL - VR FAN) *****

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:41 am

Hi,

Now with the last version of Oculus 26.1.xxx, Condor 2 works perfectly without Steam, Steam Vr etc.

Just this parameter is necessary:
Oculus Settings > General -> Enable Unknown Sources

Good flight with VR
*****- Xavier - (XDL - VR FAN) *****

pegase2a

Post by pegase2a » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:11 pm

Hi Xavier, and all

I'm using Quest 2 with only Oculus Link soft and an USB 3 cable. It's working great but :

I set on Oculus Soft 90hz but on condor when i fly it's only show the FPs at 72hz...

Did i mistake something?

Also in flight the ground textures after 10km around me appear to be blurry! :x

Here is my settings
Oculus Soft : 90hz
Rendering setting to automatic

On condor:
Visible distance : high
Terrain mesh quality : superfine
Terrain mesh fadeout : best quality
Texturs quality : high

:wink: