Additional Planes

Moderators: Uros, OXO, BenFest

User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 6007
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Additional Planes

Post by OXO » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:57 am

6266 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:29 am
Tbi wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:20 pm
Hi everyone,
I think that in Condor the Ls4 and Ls8 spoilers come less out of the wings than in reality. In reality the Ls8 and Ls4 also have two blades spoilers instead of one.
There is a workaround for this problem in Free Flight: Set the Thermal strength to "Very weak", so you don't need the spoilers in the lifts ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Tbi
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 pm

Re: Additional Planes

Post by Tbi » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:13 am

Bre901 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:24 am
Tbi wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:20 pm
Hi everyone,
I think that in Condor the Ls4 and Ls8 spoilers come less out of the wings than in reality. In reality the Ls8 and Ls4 also have two blades spoilers instead of one.
May I respectfully suggest that you check the quality of your display or get a new pair of glasses :wink: :wink:

Case closed

LS4


Shot469.jpg
Shot470.jpg
Shot471.jpg

LS8


Shot472.jpg
When you extend the spoilers full in Reality and look from the front then is there a gap between the the upper and the under spoiler blade, in condor is no gap, they look like not completely extended spoilers.
In reality the spoilers are a bit higher than in Condor (when fully extended).
Another point is that you cannot zoom so much on the wings and compere it with the photo of the link, you have to compere it from the same perspective and the same zoom.

Please remember that i'm just trying to help condor to be a bit more realistic and not to annoy you
regards, Tbi.

User avatar
wickid
Posts: 2022
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:32 pm
Location: Venlo, NL
Contact:

Re: Additional Planes

Post by wickid » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:53 am

Tbi wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:13 am
Bre901 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:24 am
Tbi wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:20 pm
Hi everyone,
I think that in Condor the Ls4 and Ls8 spoilers come less out of the wings than in reality. In reality the Ls8 and Ls4 also have two blades spoilers instead of one.
May I respectfully suggest that you check the quality of your display or get a new pair of glasses :wink: :wink:

Case closed

LS4


Shot469.jpg
Shot470.jpg
Shot471.jpg

LS8


Shot472.jpg
When you extend the spoilers full in Reality and look from the front then is there a gap between the the upper and the under spoiler blade, in condor is no gap, they look like not completely extended spoilers.
In reality the spoilers are a bit higher than in Condor (when fully extended).
Another point is that you cannot zoom so much on the wings and compere it with the photo of the link, you have to compere it from the same perspective and the same zoom.

Please remember that i'm just trying to help condor to be a bit more realistic and not to annoy you
regards, Tbi.
If that is the case on the real glider I would not fly it anymore and have the extension limits checked. They are supposed to overlap at full extension.

Check TM4020 for the LS4. It explicitly states the overlap between the bottom blade and the airbrake housing should at least be 5 mm! In the way the blades are attached to the arms that means the brake blades always overlap when watched from the front.

Technical drawings are included in the TM: https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/downlo ... TM4020.pdf
PH-1504, KOE

User avatar
Bre901
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:57 pm
Location: Annecy (France)
Contact:

Re: Additional Planes

Post by Bre901 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:26 pm

Tbi wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:20 pm
In reality the Ls8 and Ls4 also have two blades spoilers instead of one.
Tbi wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:13 am
Please remember that i'm just trying to help condor to be a bit more realistic and not to annoy you
My point was that there are indeed two blades and not one as you said
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

User avatar
wickid
Posts: 2022
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:32 pm
Location: Venlo, NL
Contact:

Re: Additional Planes

Post by wickid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:51 pm

Screenshot from Blender :D
Ka6cr forum.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PH-1504, KOE

User avatar
2P
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:15 pm
Location: Switzerland

Re: Additional Planes

Post by 2P » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Fantastic wickid! I'm really looking forward to it. :D
Patrick Portmann 2P

6266
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:07 am

Re: Additional Planes

Post by 6266 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Great! That's the plane I'm waiting for ... ;-)
See all information to the Vintage Series on http://www.baleit.no/vs.nsf, meet the group on Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

Free landscape download on http://www.baleit.no/vs.nsf

NorthGermany
NWPoland

TheProPilot
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:15 am

Re: Additional Planes

Post by TheProPilot » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:59 am

Would there be able way of getting a DG505MB 20m (with winglets + flaps) on here? I've got the manuals etc. I'd love to be able to practice here.

User avatar
Bre901
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:57 pm
Location: Annecy (France)
Contact:

Re: Additional Planes

Post by Bre901 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:21 am

TheProPilot wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:59 am
Would there be able way of getting a DG505MB 20m (with winglets + flaps) on here? I've got the manuals etc. I'd love to be able to practice here.
Duplicating posts is useless, and makes following future discussions complicated...
I have moved your post from motogliders here
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

TheProPilot
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:15 am

Re: Additional Planes

Post by TheProPilot » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:18 am

Sounds good. New to the forum and didn't think both subjects existed when I initially commented. Have a great day.

User avatar
JShieck
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:08 pm

Re: Additional Planes

Post by JShieck » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Great news from Schleicher:

Image
https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/as- ... enstarter/

The AS 33 will get the electrical selflaunch system from the AS 34.
So this will be the next generation of 18m class gliding also being interestant for Condor.

And I already heard some good hearsays about AS 34 8)

arneh
Posts: 540
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 am

Re: Additional Planes

Post by arneh » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:18 pm

JShieck wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Great news from Schleicher:

Image
Not convinced that having some big red batteries on the outside of the wings is the best solution :D

Fedir
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:43 am

Re: Additional Planes

Post by Fedir » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:27 pm

Hi Team, today I've tried to install next hangar 17 update (I have already Condor 2 version 2.1.5 installed) and during hangar installation process appears message, that I have to instal Condor 2.1.5. first and because of this I could not finish hangar 17 update installation. Could you please let me know how to resolve this issue? Thank you.
Image

User avatar
OXO
Condor Team
Posts: 6007
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:08 am
Contact:

Re: Additional Planes

Post by OXO » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:30 pm

The version number is stored in the registry, so somehow you have 2.1.5 without the registry being updated. The installer does that, so I suggest you reinstall 2.1.5 then apply hangar update 17
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

User avatar
dgtfer
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:49 am
Location: Marseille - france

Re: Additional Planes

Post by dgtfer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:00 pm

You can also use regedit and manually change your version in the key: YourPC\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\cndr2\Version. There the value should be 2.1.5
Image

Post Reply