new landscape: Central Texas

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

T-bone Tom

new landscape: Central Texas

Post by T-bone Tom » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:51 am

Just got my first look at the new landscape "TSA central Texas" and It's described as south and east of Dallas. It is south and west of Dallas and the TSA strip is due south of the City of Midlothian. The major road running east and west thru Midlothian is Hwy 287 from Ennis, Texas thru Waxachie to Mansfield then Ft Worth. There are several cement mills around Midlothian to orient yourself with as the smoke stacks for the kilns are tall and very prominent.
I took my primary training at TSA and I've flown here several times more since moving to Houston so I thought I'd mention that if you'd like to see a general area map where you fly for orientation do a google of Midlothian, Texas and compare it to the Condor landscape map.
I figured that you might appreciate this information.
I'm not being critical I'm just trying to give you a reference for the area that's being flown. (I-35 E seems to be the eastern boundary and I-35 W the western boundary.)

*I have not flown it in Condor............ YET. But rest assured I will starting this weekend.
Last edited by T-bone Tom on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmurtari

Re: new landscape: Central Texas

Post by jmurtari » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:57 pm

Ouch, I'm embarrassed! I'd just submitted that landscape to http://Condor-Club.eu. I got my directions crossed! My apologies, I'll ask them to make the correction.

We're doing some free photo-realistic landscapes for Clubs at http://SoaringTools.Org and I'm not from Texas -- and it shows! I probably should have asked on of the members for a better description. Can I use yours?

T-bone Tom

Re: new landscape: Central Texas

Post by T-bone Tom » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:50 am

jmurtari
Please do not be embarrassed. I did not intend my comment to be criticism. Your work is excellent but you're just missing some short fields around the area and for people not familiar with the area, names of towns. I flew it two times last weekend and was impressed. Thank you for modeling an area that I know really well. I am so pleased people are starting to use Texas landscapes. Now, if someone would take on the West Texas area of Big Bend, Marfa, Fabens, Alpine where the World 1-26 Championships are held we'd have another epic Condor landscape to soar in.
And yes, you are welcome to use and edit my description.
Thank you.