California Landscape questions

Moderator: BOD1

Danrihn

California Landscape questions

Post by Danrihn » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:11 am

Has anyone figured our how to keep the California Landscape from crashing?
I'm waiting for a Condor 2 California landscape before I upgrade to Condor 2....is this in work?
Hopefully it will be a smaller landscape and not prone to crashing. Perhaps break it into three parts (California, Oregon, Washington).

dgtfer

Re: California Landscape questions

Post by dgtfer » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:30 am

California has already split into two parts: "Cascade Range" in the north and "California 2" in the south.
CR has been released last year, the release of California 2 will be at the end of this year.

Danrihn

Post by Danrihn » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:52 pm

thank you, I look forward to using California 2. I've enjoyed using California for some time but lately it has become unusable. The new California 2 should be a big help.
Dan

ebkollgaard

Post by ebkollgaard » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:47 am

Condor Club released Sierra Nevada 2 recently. It's a nice effort but the scenery doesn't come up to the realistic look of the AA2 scenery at least for my interest in using Condor 2. I like mountain cross-country where I can enjoy the scenic views. . I'm hoping the California scenery will match the quality of AA 2.
I've been trying to take a screen shot using AA2 of a view that would match video I took a couple years ago to show how close it is to realism but when I use VR, the monitor screen is locked on the opening screen. I noted a post that recommended setting mirroring on. Where do I find this option?
Regards,
Eric

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 pm

ebkollgaard wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:47 am
I'm hoping the California scenery will match the quality of AA 2.
California 2 has the same textures than Cascade Range, so resolution is lower than on AA2...

ebkollgaard

Post by ebkollgaard » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:15 am

Still a lot better than Sierra Nevada where the mountains look melted. I've used Cascade range to fly over the Trinity Alps where I have backpacked and the scenery was pretty realistic. Keep up the good work It's appreciated.
Eric

Danrihn

Post by Danrihn » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:35 am

I'm still waiting to see a new California landscape for Condor 1. The old California landscape was just too big and made using it very unstable. Hopefully the new California landscape will be broken up a bit. It was very realistic and I have enjoyed using it but it is very awkward to get it to run every time.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:13 pm

Danrihn wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:35 am
I'm still waiting to see a new California landscape for Condor 1. The old California landscape was just too big and made using it very unstable. Hopefully the new California landscape will be broken up a bit. It was very realistic and I have enjoyed using it but it is very awkward to get it to run every time.

Nobody is developing for Condor 1 now. You should switch to Condor 2 where all the new stuff is.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Danrihn

Post by Danrihn » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:05 pm

1) Condor 2 doesn't have the landscapes I want to fly in- Southern Sierra Nevada Mountains, and San Diego (Warner Springs)
2) Condor 2 doesn't have the glider I want to fly

So for now I'll stick with Condor 1 and wait for Condor 2 to catch up.

Dan

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:52 pm

The preliminary tests of the new California 2 scenery have begun.
If they are conclusive, the new scenery will include San Diego and will be extended not far from Las Vegas:
California Extended.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:03 pm

The new scenery CA (California C2) has been released on CondorClub:
https://www.condor-club.eu/viewscenery/0/?id=401