Yep, I am :D
PH-1504, KOE

Bre901

Re: Im afraid

Post by Bre901 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:47 am

Aanne3 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:58 am
Im currently reading the blue book
What is the blue book? Is it some kind of classified?
The blue book is the French gliding training handbook aka "le livre bleu"

https://www.cepadues.com/livres/manuel- ... 37291.html
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

robin00795

Post by robin00795 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:08 pm

Aanne3 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:58 am
Im currently reading the blue book
What is the blue book? Is it some kind of classified?
In france we call blue book our pilot manual (see attachment )
Im reading report on BEA https://www.bea.aero/en/
My club will open the 22 june so i'll subscribe on this date , but before im studying the whole book so I can have time to understand all thing before flying
Sound like a good read , Im afraid i'll struggle with all the english vocabulary but might gave it a try , thanks a lot
And thanks , here is some other picture for your enjoyment :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robin00795

Post by robin00795 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:09 pm

cannot attach all my pics cause most of them are too large ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by robin00795 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robin00795

Post by robin00795 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:22 pm

also I want to thank everyon" for their explanations , really great to hear all this !!

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 am

So...when are we seeing you on Condor Café flights ?
http://blog.condor-velivole.eu/

robin00795

Post by robin00795 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:36 pm

got to download some maps , then i'll be here :)

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:22 am

I'll most probably be flying this evening's St Exupery task....not easy but pretty fullfiling

PS it's AA2

lordauriel

Post by lordauriel » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:05 am

There are many, many factors that are not being looked at when comparing activities.
I had a Suzuki SV650S and had many almost deadly moments in four years. On a bike, you are at other people's mercy meaning you are very dependent on them not being stupid and cutting corners, not seeing you and then driving into a crossing, etc
I know ONE glider pilot that had died, and it was clearly his fault. He crashed into a little slope because of complacency. He did everything wrong.

Theres some rules that almost always got violated before a glider accident...

- If at 1000ft AGL, make a decision to land out and stick with it. don't try to climb on that cow fart that gave you a sudden +1m/s on base leg of the field you chose 15 minutes ago whenyou were at 3000ft agl.
- Fly every approach as you did during the license examn.
- During the approach, fly the yellow triangle at zero wind, and faster if there's wind.
- Fly really fast near mountans and slopes.
- do NOT talk to guests during takeoff or approach phase.
- in any phase of flight, if you have no idead where to land if you have to, you made a mistake and have to act immediately.

and some more. All of that is part of training and lessons.
Also I do not fly condor competitions for this reason. In condor and in reality, the more silly risks you take the faster you are. Condor won't kill you, so it's easy to build horribly bad habits.

PS: The "stall on approach" problem I don't really fully understand either. If approaches are flown correctly, you pay extra attention to the yawstring during turns and always scan airspeed. That's all it takes. However I saw some pilots making errors while flying with guests who kept talking to them, and I saw extremely experienced pilots not sticking to procedures or checklists. That again checks two of the things that can lead to accidents. "boasting behavior", and complacency.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:01 pm

lordauriel wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:05 am
In condor and in reality, the more silly risks you take the faster you are. Condor won't kill you, so it's easy to build horribly bad habits.
Here is a tool that has been developed in order to detect some of those bad habits in Condor flights :
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19740

It can be used to analyse RL flights too.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:44 am

lordauriel wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:05 am
Also I do not fly condor competitions for this reason. In condor and in reality, the more silly risks you take the faster you are. Condor won't kill you, so it's easy to build horribly bad habits.

Do you really think you'd bring these dangerous moves you made in Condor with you on a real flight....
In Condor, I sometimes fly tasks without any preparation and making up the route on the go.....I would never think of starting a real flight the same way.....i will never think...."mmmh ....this might just work....let's see if I can make it".....when in flight someone says..."that is something I would never do in real life".....well, at least they know what they're doing is foolish and should not be attempted in real life.

I believe it is the "showing off behaviour" that makes flying dangerous....being showing off how much faster than others you are or how well you can fly your thing.

my paramotor instructor told me that most accidents happen when family has come to see you fly.
and it is true that i've witnessed some pilots, otherwise careful, getting out of hard 360° a bit too low and get really scared (I could see their face) when they lost altitude while their wing was regaining speed....all this because freinds were watching.

My point is that even thought I like to drift at high speed through traffic in GTA, I still drive quite carefully in real life...

lordauriel

Post by lordauriel » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:45 pm

no I also experiment in Condor, I was referring to things like not regularly looking for outlanding fields, or shooting gaps between mountains that I also fly in IRL, or getting too used to condor weather that is always reliably stable influencing decisions

Terje Helle

Post by Terje Helle » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:02 pm

https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-cent ... -behavior/

It’s more danger involved with driving a motorcycle.