Condor crashed while doing something related to "Controlers.Retrieving Device data"

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

jplatasv

Condor crashed while doing something related to "Controlers.Retrieving Device data"

Post by jplatasv » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago I had a crash during a championship, when I had gone through the hard part and I was close to finish :cry:

Last entries on the log were:

Code: Select all

Landscape refresh start at 21:55:25.
Controlers.Retrieving Device data at 21:55:27: Access violation at address 0040A3AD in module 'Condor.exe'. Write of address 00000000.
Has anybody else gone this kind of error. If so, how did you solve it?

As it says "Controlers", it may be worth mentioning that I have:

• Sidewinder force feedback 2
  • VKB Mk.IV pedals
  • TWCS Thrustmaster throttle
On a laptop with an Nvidia RTX2060 card.

Unfortunately I cannot say anything about temperatures or CPU load as I did not use to monitor this kind of thing during my flights.
I'll do it from now on.

Thanks in advance for your help,

jplatasv

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Condor crashed while doing something related to "Controlers.Retrieving Device data"

Post by OXO » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:09 pm

check connections?
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

jplatasv

Re: Condor crashed while doing something related to "Controlers.Retrieving Device data"

Post by jplatasv » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:12 pm

OXO wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:09 pm
check connections?
Hi OXO, thanks for your reply.

If you are meaning connections to my controllers. The truth is that I did not check whether they were being detected after Condor crashed. I'll check throughly this if that happens again. Anyway, I'm assuming that in the event of a sudden disconnection and immediate connection due to damaged wires or something, Condor would detect the hardware right away and not crash. Am I right?

Next flights went fine, with no issues.

I forgot to mention this, but I also use XCSoar by bluetooth. I do not know if this is relevant or not.

jplatasv