Hiding Pilot Body

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

JaneyBananey

Hiding Pilot Body

Post by JaneyBananey » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:06 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to Condor, bought it yesterday and loving it so far. I just have one quick question: Is there any way to hide the pilot body? I use TrackIR and in some gliders the head position feels odd when juxtaposed with the pilot body.

Thanks in advance! :D
"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe." - Anonymous

:D TRANS RIGHTS :D

wickid

Re: Hiding Pilot Body

Post by wickid » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:18 pm

No, the pilot body is part of the 3D model.
PH-1504, KOE

vnks

Post by vnks » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:29 pm

Nice thread title :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:33 pm

I think the best way is to fly over a deep lake and throw it out of the rear cockpit.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

mbamberg

Post by mbamberg » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:58 am

Janey,

Use the search function in the forum to look for TrackIR profiles. You have 6 degrees of freedom with the new version of Condor, and that can lead to ALL sorts of strange visual motions in Condor. I was able to slide sideways and look down! Acrophobia!

if you're not familiar with the setting panel for TrackIR you may want to do some reading on their forum for ways to tweak your settings.

I did it by trial and error and finally got a set up I like in all axis.

Mike B.

JaneyBananey

Post by JaneyBananey » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:44 pm

Thank you for all your replies!

It isn't as much of a TrackIR issue - even though I did find that some of the default TrackIR profiles made it so that my head was about six inches deep into the headrest and apparently on some kind of TV camera swivel - but more the fact that I am deeply accustomed to the likes of DCS, where I can turn off the pilot body and fly with just the cockpit in front of me.

Given the fact that I've a body of my own - and a deep dislike for Breitling watches (I'm a Lange & Sohne girl, sue me :D ) - it feels a bit unusual but given that it's part of the 3D model, I would see why doing so would be impractical.

Thanks again! Also, yes, I would like to formally submit a motion for an ejection seat function, as per OXO's suggestion.

P.S. Outstanding sim, my wrist hurts so much, I love it.
"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe." - Anonymous

wickid

Post by wickid » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:58 pm

JaneyBananey wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:44 pm
Thank you for all your replies!

It isn't as much of a TrackIR issue - even though I did find that some of the default TrackIR profiles made it so that my head was about six inches deep into the headrest and apparently on some kind of TV camera swivel - but more the fact that I am deeply accustomed to the likes of DCS, where I can turn off the pilot body and fly with just the cockpit in front of me.

Given the fact that I've a body of my own - and a deep dislike for Breitling watches (I'm a Lange & Sohne girl, sue me :D ) - it feels a bit unusual but given that it's part of the 3D model, I would see why doing so would be impractical.

Thanks again! Also, yes, I would like to formally submit a motion for an ejection seat function, as per OXO's suggestion.

P.S. Outstanding sim, my wrist hurts so much, I love it.

You can change the watch. It is just a texture 🙃
PH-1504, KOE

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:10 pm

JaneyBananey wrote:
and a deep dislike for Breitling watches (I'm a Lange & Sohne girl, sue me :D )

I prefer Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, or the Breguet No. 160 grand complication...
8)
Last edited by EDB on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:14 pm

wickid wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:58 pm
As far as I can remember, someone already posted (a) different watch(es) textures

I'm too lazy tonight to do a search on the forum, but it shouldn't be that difficult to find...
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

JaneyBananey

Post by JaneyBananey » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:47 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:14 pm
wickid wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:58 pm
As far as I can remember, someone already posted (a) different watch(es) textures

I'm too lazy tonight to do a search on the forum, but it shouldn't be that difficult to find...
Oh that's cool! I'm gonna have a rummage 'round to see if I can find any of my favourite watch brands to slap on there. I also personally wish there was a model option for the pilot with more...tidd, (a.k.a. female pilot) but I understand that this is a tiny niche sim made for a tiny niche market and frankly, I'm not overly concerned by my lack of boobage as I am slowly disassembling myself into a nearby pine tree.

Thank you all! Insightful stuff here. Whilst I'm here - and in lieu of making another thread - how exactly does one use the weather generation system? I tell it to randomise the weather every flight in the weather section, and then select the weather preset as random and for some reason, there's never any clouds of any type or variety other than your garden-type high-altitude cirruses. This reduces me to a whimpering wreck, slowly limping about with my vario reading negative as I try to eke out ridge and slope lift where I can.

Also, H doesn't seem to show any assists for lift...not even on ridges or the like, but this could be related to my overall inability to use the weather system right. Thanks in advance, y'all! Loving this purchase so far, such a good product.

JaneyBananey

Post by JaneyBananey » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:50 pm

EDB wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:10 pm
JaneyBananey wrote:
and a deep dislike for Breitling watches (I'm a Lange & Sohne girl, sue me :D )

I prefer Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, or the Breguet No. 160 grand complication...
8)
Vacheron Constantin makes my favourite pocket watches, hands-down and without a doubt, but their wristwatches have just a smidge too much gold on them for my liking. For some reason, I like brushed steel designs. Possibly for the same reasons I enjoy mid-1950's US locomotives and WWII US planes. There are no colours, only grey.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:43 am

Bre901 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:14 pm

There it is :
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=17829&p=154252&hilit=watch#p154252

As the term "watch" can be found many times on the forum (especially because it is used in Youtube links) , I have checked the "Topic titles only" option in the Search form
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:27 am

JaneyBananey wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:47 pm
Also, H doesn't seem to show any assists for lift...not even on ridges or the like, but this could be related to my overall inability to use the weather system right. Thanks in advance, y'all! Loving this purchase so far, such a good product....
By defalut, visibility of thermal hepers is set to 0, you'll need to set it to 5 or so....might also be a box to tick to dis/enable it.

JaneyBananey

Post by JaneyBananey » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:19 pm

MrHerisson wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:27 am
JaneyBananey wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:47 pm
Also, H doesn't seem to show any assists for lift...not even on ridges or the like, but this could be related to my overall inability to use the weather system right. Thanks in advance, y'all! Loving this purchase so far, such a good product....
By defalut, visibility of thermal hepers is set to 0, you'll need to set it to 5 or so....might also be a box to tick to dis/enable it.
I've looked and all I could find was the Thermals Helpers Visibility in the NOTAM. However, if I press H anywhere outside of the training mission, it does nothing. Is there an .ini file that I need to edit somewhere?

Thanks!

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:19 pm

If the slider is at 0 you won't see thermal helper. They only show thermals. No ridgelift or wavehelpers.
PH-1504, KOE