Condor GP2020 - Rules

Moderators: dgtfer, Marc Blanjean, canastel9g, Bre901

dgtfer

Re: Condor GP2020 - Rules

Post by dgtfer » Thu May 07, 2020 11:26 am

On the 12th race, we had plain flying!
In this game so different from the fast flights on the high mountains, one couldn't hesitate to take risks to qualify. So half of the competitors outlanded before the finish line and the first places are occupied by experienced pilots, among whom Mihaly Knausz and Horst Jahnke, who qualified, Congratulations!
The general ranking is still quite open, even if only about fifteen pilots can still hope for a qualification, none of them have already their place in the Grand Final...

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Sun May 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Hi.

I'm trying to join todays race but I have the latest version (2.1.3.0) whereas the server is only on 2.1.2.0

Is there a way I can either roll back today's upgrade, or you can update 1 of the 4 servers before the race starts pls?

Thanks
Condor Competition ID - TK2

Angry Ivy

Post by Angry Ivy » Sun May 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Same problem. I would love to join as well, but I have already installed the new update.
-IV-

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Sun May 10, 2020 5:26 pm

Glad it's not just me :wink:

I've sent a DM to each of the 3 organisers so I'll let you know if I hear anything before the join time closes

Jarmo K

Post by Jarmo K » Sun May 10, 2020 5:27 pm

Same here,
and nowhere information in advance which version should be.
Not good at all...
JKK

EDIT: and as this was only a bug fix, why couple servers couldn't be 2.1.3. version?

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Sun May 10, 2020 5:39 pm

Joining now closed - No racing for us today. :(

In case it's of any interest to either of you, I might have a go at gaining a badge: https://www.condor-club.eu/badge/145/
It's not as much fun as a race, but might enable you to tick something off potentially? (I'm a newbie so loads to tick off still lol)

Angry Ivy

Post by Angry Ivy » Sun May 10, 2020 9:07 pm

I managed to install patch 212 again.

Did the job and gave me the option to enter the game with just 1 minute stopjoin left 8)

Sorry for the guys who just missed out...
-IV-

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon May 11, 2020 10:43 am

We're sorry for the mess of versions, we couldn't change it in time. A mixed version on the servers would have been difficult to implement.
In fact, we have a single server that runs several races simultaneously, but with only one version of Condor.
And an improvisation could possibly lead to problems similar to those of some other recent races ...
And it would also have led us to big ranking problems on Condor Club.
However, we are grateful to the Condor team for its very fast reaction! It is not when everything is going well that you can see the quality of a team, but when a problem occurs, and we wish to be ourselves at the level for this competition.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon May 11, 2020 10:48 am

Donat-Pierre LUIGI was in a state of grace today, he flies over the races and is largely imposing himself in a difficult flight which left more than half of the pilots on the way. He qualifies with Stewart Henshall for the grand final. They both deserve our Congratulations!

In the general ranking, Eliott McAleese has his ticket in his pocket, Well done!
But we will have to wait for the last qualification for the 3 other places, with still 6 possible contenders.
So, during the last race of this Wednesday, there are 5 places at stake.

You can still try to reach the Grand Final next Sunday!
Good luck to all of you!

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Thu May 14, 2020 7:55 pm

For the last qualifying race, Jeroen Jennen clearly shows us that he will be in the final; with his strategy of starting in reverse, he beats all the other competitors by a wide margin, Well done!
And we have the pleasure to see Barbu Gypaete in the final, a great comeback!
In the general ranking Emmanuel Quartier, E M-Philoo and Tuomas Parnanen complete the board where Eliott McAleese was already qualified. Congratulations to all!

And now everything is reset for the Grand Final Race on Sunday at 8:15 p.m. :
32 candidates, one regatta start and only one champion!

All the other competitors will be deactivated, but everyone will be able to fly on the complementary servers and compare their results with those of the Champion, access will be free without a password.
You can also follow the Grand Final on Cunimb.net there:
http://cunimb.net/condor/#c=46.85273,7. ... 8&q=GP2020

BenFest

Post by BenFest » Mon May 18, 2020 1:28 am

Thanks once again for the great Competition and suspense Final Race. You can relive the thrill out of the german perspective here: https://youtu.be/IRY9IoqLuN0?t=3108
CG to all finisher and to this years winner 711!

Looking forward to next years Condor GP :)
Ben Fest
D-2701 - BF

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon May 18, 2020 10:32 am

BandeauChampion.jpg
Congratulations to Alessandro Bassalti, he has largely deserved the GP2020 Champion title, not only did he stay in the front positions during the whole race, but he also dared to make an original and decisive choice on the last branch, it's brilliant! Bravo Alessandro!!
And thanks to all of you for your participation, especially to the tasksetters, this Grand Final was perfect, a pure pleasure!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tiberius

Post by tiberius » Mon May 18, 2020 10:56 am

Well said BF & DGT, a great series and final. Thanks to all those involved and the participants for some excellent racing. CG Allesandro!!

VST

Post by VST » Mon May 18, 2020 1:03 pm

Thanks to all organizers and competitors for a very fun competition.

In my opinion the Cunimb live tracking has no negative effects (it did not help me win after all!). Quite the opposite, it makes flying the task much more social and exciting. Suits particularly well to a regatta race.

Especially fun was watching Alessandro's unique choice pay off, nice job!

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Mon May 18, 2020 1:29 pm

Congratulations to the organisers and (almost) all the participants Image

[GOM]
I don't want to spoil the party, but I consider that not showing at the finals without warning is not a sporty attitude (and that is an understatement) :roll: :roll:

From what I heard from the finalists, they were 8 unannounced no-shows yesterday (1 in 4 !!) which is way too much !

If they had announced that they would not participate, it would have opened the door to those participants who played the game and participated actively to the competition (whereas some of these no-shows did only 2 or 3 races...)
[/GOM]
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/