Rolls Royce of force feedback?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

tiberius

Rolls Royce of force feedback?

Post by tiberius » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:39 pm

Hi,

Wondered if anybody had tried one of these sticks with condor?

https://www.brunner-innovation.swiss/pr ... -joystick/

The price is prohibitive for me at the moment but I’m keen to hear how it performs against the MS FFB I’m using at the moment in C2.

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Rolls Royce of force feedback?

Post by OXO » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:42 pm

I'm waiting for a new generation of FF sticks to appear now that the original patents have expired.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:47 pm

tiberius wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:39 pm

The price is prohibitive for me at the moment .....

And you still need to add a 200,00€ grip to it

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:21 pm

They only support X-Plane, M-FSX and Prepar3D®.

I asked if Condor could be supported in the future, but their answer was negative. Not profitable enough.

I have seen many new initiatives for FFB sticks. But none of them are ready for release.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:01 am

EDB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:21 pm
I have seen many new initiatives for FFB sticks. But none of them are ready for release.
Links please..
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:07 pm

OXO wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:01 am
EDB wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:21 pm
Links please..
I don't save them all. What's the point of posting something that maybe dies on it's way to investors... Or even earlier...
This one was also promising, but at this time they only do actuators... https://www.irisdynamics.com/feel-the-j ... -joystick/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=9OilHhgRhLU

The BRUNNER is here already for some time now. But no Condor support. Direct support only for X-Plane, FSX, FSX Steam edition, Prepare-3D with BRUNNER CLS2SIM SW. You can use it in Condor, but in that config the motors are there only to mimic an electronic spring that you can configure. So a really expensive 'normal' stick in Condor or other sims... But I already tweaked my TM Warthog stick with a different spring. I want it to have FFB. I know from testing with the MSFFB2 that FFB is a massive advantage in thermals.

tiberius

Post by tiberius » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:14 pm

To be honest I just wish we could increase the FFB effect without increasing the latency in condor. I have the slider at mid point, any further to the right and the delay is noticeable. That said all the way to the right makes the stick force feel more realistic.

I understand there are hardware mods for the MS FFB stocks but are there any software addons that will increase force without added input latency?

shanmoon2

Post by shanmoon2 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 am

I have. I wrote custom code to use with Condor and also with Silent Wings. It took quite a bit of work to dial in the control loading to feel apprproriate, but it addds tremendously to the realism of the sim. I now use it almost exclusively with Silent Wings and Prepar 3D since I had numerous graphics issues with Conder 2 and my repeated requests for support went unanswered for over a year. I finally gave up on on Condor 2.

tiberius

Post by tiberius » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:00 am

Do you plan to share your software Shanmoon? It could be a very popular add on.

PS I now realise that the slider I mentioned in my previous post has nothing to do with joystick force feedback strength.