Realteus ForceFeel interface betatesting started

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

melodrama

Realteus ForceFeel interface betatesting started

Post by melodrama » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Hello, I started my Condor 2 ForceFeel interface beta tests today.

I can use all UDP telemetry data to control ForceFeel motors, but I decided to use the following ones for the moment and I made few new ones:
- rollrate_left, rollrate_right => made from rollrate
-pitchrate_up, pitchrate_down => made from pitchrate
-yawrate_left, yawrate_right => made from yawrate
-gforce
- Flutter => This is same than airspeed, I decided to make separate function for this purpose.

I made the code with Python 3.7.
Motor shaking functions seems to work quite well but UDP and COM port communication interruptions and recovering from them requires more testing and perhaps some code changes. => more testing needed, I hope that I can release/add first versions to sourceforge or similar places within this week, but let's see how much problems this UDP communication interruptions generates.

Despite these problems, this system works WAY better and more precise than soundmode base shaking allready !

Here is an example of the UDP data strings that I'm trying to handle:

time=13.0077669378333
airspeed=29.9473190307617
altitude=1337.734375
vario=0.00113369559403509
evario=0.0011325073428452
nettovario=0.937146127223969
integrator=1.19509255886078
compass=272.000030517578
slipball=0
turnrate=0
yawstringangle=-0.179298877716064
radiofrequency=123.5
yaw=4.74729585647583
pitch=0
bank=0
quaternionx=0
quaterniony=0
quaternionz=-0.0174524486064911
quaternionw=0.999847710132599
ax=0
ay=0
az=0
vx=24.984769821167
vy=0.872490346431732
vz=0
rollrate=0.00618284614756703
pitchrate=0
yawrate=0
gforce=1.12958882805283
height=700
wheelheight=699.515991210938
turbulencestrength=0.200000002980232
surfaceroughness=0

BR, melodrama

melodrama

Re: Realteus ForceFeel interface betatesting started => first codes released to github

Post by melodrama » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:49 pm

First, brand new published version available here:
https://github.com/melo-drama/ForceFeel ... -interface

I just tested this version over 1h with several different pause and interruption types without problems => I think this version is stable enough for testing/releasing

I haven't tried to convert this program to *.exe file and tested it yet, so you have to use proper IDE to do that yourself or run the program (I used PyCharm when I coded this, there are other alternatives as well)

=> I'll try to convert this code to *.exe file soon, I will inform when this is available also.

default profile is done with Club StdCirrus => Flutter speed is defined/tuned based on this specific plane type

melodrama

Re: Realteus ForceFeel interface betatesting started

Post by melodrama » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:49 am

I just added the following zip file under the link https://github.com/melo-drama/ForceFeel ... -interface :
Condor2_shaker_v1.zip

This zip file contains folder with all required files

I tested it => worked well. Here are instructions how to download this zip file:
  • Go and click the Condor2_shaker.zip file
  • Click the View raw link
  • Save as...

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:20 pm

I just updated the github (https://github.com/melo-drama/ForceFeel ... -interface)
  • Lastest source code updated to master branch
  • new zip file added. (Condor2_shaker_v2.zip)
The following new features added (30.12.2019):
  • Updated wheelshake function (function added to default.prof file also)
  • Motor calibration gain parameters added (motors might have different "butt"-feeling with same power setting => these can be balanced with motor gain parameters)
  • UDP-Forcefeel-update time speeded up => faster response to telemetry changes (=less filtering before motor command updates.
Next update may take some time but I think this latest version is quite qood allready. :D

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:04 pm

Latest version updated to github, link: (https://github.com/melo-drama/ForceFeel ... -interface)
  • latest zip file: Condor2_shaker_v3.zip
zip file contains instructions (pdf-file), so I'm not going to explain all the details here.. Default profile is tested and configured with 15m Standard Cirrus and it demonstrates all functions I created based on UDP telemetry data. (roll-, pitch and yawrates, flutter, turbulence and shaking during the take-off and land, I named that function as "wheelshake")

=> Personally I'm happy with the outcome..

Jeffchrisope

Post by Jeffchrisope » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:13 am

This definitely sounds exciting, good work! I’m going to order ... though which software package should I order, Standard or Wings? Will also use for DCS so Standard seems correct, just not sure if your customization requires one or the other ...?

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:13 pm

Hello Jeff, I strongly recommend you to consider order Gametrix Jetseat vibration cushion instead of Realteus ForceFeel !

Not because of the product itself but lack of (any kind of) technicalor commercial support.. And there are lot's of unhappy Realteus customers, please read some comments founded from their facebook sites: https://www.facebook.com/Realteus/

I was those lucky ones that got the actual product..

Don't believe their official explanation about the "payment system crisis", there are other severe problems also. I have sent almost 10 emails to their "service" address without any feedback how to control or command this Realteus ForceFeel cushion.

.. So if I were you.. I would buy the Gametrix Jeatseat from Andre's shop instead: https://andres.shop/jetseat/11-jetseat-kw-908.html

Free DCS interface program called Simshaker For Aviators supports them both, and the suberb-good, nearly free SimHub interface also works with these both vibration cushion models.

SimHub creator (nickname "Wotever") was very helpful; He instructed me how to control/command cushion motors via USB/COM-port interface.

I don't know for sure how my Python coded Condor2 interface works with Jetseat , but they should be quite similar thanx to their mutual ancestor.

But I expect that there are some differences (number of motors and perhaps motor ordering might be different). I can try to reach my contact and ask what are the main differences between these two cushions.

BR, Markku

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:43 pm

Howdy, I just updated the interface again; I wasn't very satisfied with the Turbulence function I created; it was too active whenever the plane was moving against z-axis. So, I made several experiments and I changed the Turbulence function triggering parameter from z-axis acceleration (=az) into vario parameter.

New codes and zip files are (still) here: https://github.com/melo-drama/ForceFeel ... -interface

The latest executable version is Condor2_shaker_v4.zip

Rest of this post explains how the Realteus ForceFeel USB/COM port connection work. This should help me/you figuring out, how the similar Jeatseat cushion should work also:

- PC sees cushion as COM-port device, "standard" setups, baudrate=115200
- 8 separate motors, named as M0.. M7
- Control: speed/power value (integer) from 0..100
- motor command string, generic format: 'M0xx\rM1xx\rM2xx\rM3xx\rM4xx\rM5xx\rM6xx\rM7xx\r', where xx = speed/power
- Motor command string (you just send this following string into correct COM port), example where Motor M1 is set to 40% and M5 to 33%, rest are set to 0%:
'M00\rM140\rM20\rM30\rM40\rM533\rM60\rM70\r'

I assume that Gametrix Jetseat cushions work same way but I don't own Jetseat cushion so I cannot verify that. My system assumes that cushion contains 8 motors

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:12 pm

I just got the following information from my source (SimHub/Wotever):

Hi ! No jetseat uses a whole different interface. it comes from another age and is definitely harder to use :D, the SDK can be found on internet and it is provided in c++ if I correctly remember

=> This means that it is definitely not easy task for me to add/convert the system I did from Realteus ForceFeel format to Jetseat .. :(

melodrama

Re: Realteus ForceFeel interface betatesting started => link to Condor2/Jeatseat supported app

Post by melodrama » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:36 pm

=> one more additions that I just spotted from Andre's shop/site:
https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/2020/ ... ished.html

.. So it look like Andre have done support for Jetseat/Condor2.. But I have no idea, what that app contains

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi, melodrama
Two days ago I received the unexpected Realteus Forcefeel I had purchased TWO YEARS AGO. I recived a first very defective unit a year ago, and returned to developer. To my surprise, one year later has come a new full functional unit.

I have tried your program with the Forcefeel, but I can´t make it run in Condor.

I have followed your Condor2_shaker_v4_instructions (changed the udp file in Condor. set the correct USB COM, and I could test the m0 to m7 motors, using the sliders and the top button (Start M0, M1...) but when I tried to calibrate them changing the motor gain calibration entries, nothing happened when I changed the default 1.0 for any other. I have tried 0.1 to 1.9 even 2.0, but the motor performs identically.

I put all motor sliders an 50 an saved the setups.

Then, I run the program, clicked the "Start" button, run Condor2 but nothing happens .The Monitor file and profile file are "default" in both case.

I use a Valve Index VR HMD, and the mainboard Realtek sound output to an Two ways basshaker, using an low/high filter and the bass amplifier to the top.

I don´t know what I am doig wrong, so If you could help me...

Thanks ang good flights

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Thu May 07, 2020 12:03 am

Hello, "it's been a while" since I played the Condor2 (over 2 months ago).. And I haven't read this forum for months either..

I made some preliminary tests today.. and I was able to vibrate the motors => One important phase here is to find the correct COM port and save the port after test (File => Save test setup and then File => exit)

Test part sliders are meant for testing and mutual motor gain calibration only, their values are not stored anywhere, but the gain values are..

I don't remember all the details how the system works/should work => I'll test it tomorrow and I'll inform you how to proceed..

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Thu May 07, 2020 11:58 am

Hi, Melodrama.

It´s good to see you again... :D :D

I hope you could help... :oops:

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Thu May 07, 2020 4:39 pm

Hello, I noticed that I created my zip file a little bit wrongly (there was zip file under zipfile that is confusing) => I updated it so now it should be ok.

These are the steps I did to get it work, I didn't do any modifications into monitor or profile files. This should work with all planes, but my reference was Standard Cirrus when I did this default model.

1) Condor2_shaker_v4.zip downloaded from https://github.com/melo-drama/ForceFeel ... -interface
2) zip-file saved to own folder that should contain the following files:
- Condor2_shaker_main.exe
- Condor2_shaker_v4_instructions.pdf
- default.ini
- default.mon
- default.prof
- ff_port_data.ini
- Readme.txt
3) Check that Condor2 UDP telemetry interface is enabled and setups are ok (*\Condor2\settings\UDP.ini):
- Enabled=1
- Port=55278
- SendIntervalMs=10
- ExtendedData=1

4) turn Forcefeel cushion ON
5) Run/open Condor2_shaker_main.exe
6) Choose: Edit => Test ForceFeel controls
7) Move one of the M0-M7 sliders and press Start M* button.
8) If your cushion motor is not vibrating, select alternative COM port from the Select COM port and try it again..
9) SAVE the setup when motors are working (this is important, otherwise system doesn't recognise the COM port properly):
9.1) File => Save setups
9.2) File => Exit
10) Close/exit the Condor2_shaker_main.exe
11) Run/Open the Condor2_shaker_main.exe again
12) Run/open Condor2
13) Click Start button from Condor2 ForceFeel interface
14) Start flight

=> I was able to activate my ForceFeel cushion with these steps..

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Thu May 07, 2020 11:58 pm

Thanks, Melodrama.

This time, following your instructions, the Realteus Forcefeel has worked at last with Condor. :D :D :D

It´s really awesome to feel when you start a turn how the g forces acts in the device...

Thanks a lot.

Frank