"transparent" information window clearly visible witn Pimax 5k+

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

pckormic

"transparent" information window clearly visible witn Pimax 5k+

Post by pckormic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi, everyone.

I have purchased a Pimax 5k+, and I have a problem with the transparent information window that is placed just in front of the cockpit.

The problem is that the Pimax 5k+ isn´t transparent, but translucent, and the vertical frames are clearly visible everytime, even when the information has disapeared. It really spoils the inmersion.

However, in Oculus Rift, in Oculus S and in the Samsumg Odyssey HMDs it doesn´t appear, it´s really transparent. You only see the message "floating" in the middle of the sky.
I hope there must be a way to turn the window transparent again.
It reminds me of the information windows of the IL2 Cilffs of Dover, but in that game you could turn the windows absolutely transparent or opaque, just with a game menu.
I dont know if anybody has had the same problem, and if there is a way to turn the window invisible.
I have tried to change some Pitool menus parameters, but with no success.

Thanks and goodbye

melodrama

Re: "transparent" information window clearly visible witn Pimax 5k+

Post by melodrama » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:13 pm

Hello, I noticed the same thing with my Pimax 5k+, this window doesn't dissappear with different graphic setups.. Slightly annoying but I'm kind of used to it. => Certainly bug to be fixed !

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:28 pm

I just found this line from the Condor manual - Appendix 1 - Key:

HUD toggle GRAVE Show onscreen information

=> This key might enable/disable the information window/screen (I hope that).. So, you could open/close the information screen when you need it => I'll bind this key into my joystick/throttle to see what happens.

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:38 pm

melodrama wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:28 pm
I just found this line from the Condor manual - Appendix 1 - Key:

HUD toggle GRAVE Show onscreen information

=> This key might enable/disable the information window/screen (I hope that).. So, you could open/close the information screen when you need it => I'll bind this key into my joystick/throttle to see what happens.
Sorry, but the enable/disable information window (grave key) only hides the information text, but the information windows remains always in the middle of the screen. Sorry, but I didn´t mentioned this key didn´t work... :oops:

I use now the latest Pitool version, (212), but I tried too the latest Pitool beta version(180) with no effect at all... :(

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:23 am

Yes, I noticed same thing yesterday => . WIndow screen is still there, no affect by pressing the HUD key,

Filgueiras

Post by Filgueiras » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:56 pm

I this " information screen " visible only in VR? I use Condor2 in a desktop and I've never seen it, the key H only toggles an information bar.

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:48 am

Filgueiras wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:56 pm
I this " information screen " visible only in VR? I use Condor2 in a desktop and I've never seen it, the key H only toggles an information bar.
It´s only visible in Pimax 5k+ VR googles. I use a Oculus Rift and this screen doesn´t appears.

I have noticed too this screen in the Pimax 5k+ flying in DCS sim. The information screen can be seen, but with the Oculus Rift doesn,t . But, unlike the Condor sim, when the information dissapears from the screen, the windows fades too.

I think it´s something with the contrast or colours from the display panel from the Pimax. But I don´t know how to fix it, I have tried with the options of the Pitool sofware, but with no effect. :(

cvvs

Post by cvvs » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:00 pm

I sell my glasses pimax, little used, I'm not really happy.
I prefer my occulus, because simple to implement .........

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:12 pm

Finally I gave up too in the use of the Pimax 5k+ in Condor.

I couldn´t get rid of the vertical lines of the "tranlucent" information window just in front of the eye.
But the worse thing with the Pimax in Condor is the stuters that happens when you approach the cloud base.
I tried to downgrade the Pitool and Oculus to the minimum, but the cloud base stutters continues, to the point where the resolution in the Pimax was a lot worse than the Oculus Rift, you couldn´t read the instrument dial numbers.
I even changed the "official" clouds to the Alan Mattano (or something like that) clouds, with no changes at all.

I tried again with the latest Condor patch 08 upgrade, and even the latest Pitool 1.0.1.180.Beta upgrade, withthe same f****ed stutters again...

Something like this happens to me in DCS and IL2 Bos simulators, the widest FOV con´t deserves the poor resolution, the stutters and the image deformation of the Pimax, when with the Oculus Rift I can run Condor at 1,7 (in some sceneries at 1,5) , runnig smoothly ( but with the feeleing of wearing a scuba dive glasses).

Goodbye and good flights