How to get the oculus rift s hand controllers working in condor

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

benethridge

How to get the oculus rift s hand controllers working in condor

Post by benethridge » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:27 am

Hi, all.

I have Oculus Rift S basically working in Condor 2 with a Logitech Joystick, but I can't see how to get the hand controllers to work the glider controls (stick, air brakes, flaps, etc.) What's the trick? I've searched in the Condor 2 manual and on this forum but I don't see it yet.

Ben

gromm

Re: How to get the oculus rift s hand controllers working in condor

Post by gromm » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:45 pm

It's easy. This functionality can't be found in the manual because it's not there.

You can't do that. At the very least, not yet. You're thinking of some other simulator that uses the hand controllers.

SteveK

Post by SteveK » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:54 am

Exactly so, the rift controllers cannot be used in-game. You can perform basic control of the Condor2 UI outside of a running simulation by using the Oculus home virtual desktop mode with the rift controllers.

In simulation, you are still limited by which controls you can assign to your non-rift controllers and keyboard (which can be tricky!! - "Where's RELEASE!!!")

A good trick seems to be to purchase a USB numeric keypad, assign keystrokes from that to controls that would normally be on your full keyboard, and possibly fit tactile markers on some "key" buttons so you can find them confidently. Then you can at least have usable access to enough functionality to complete a flight.

I'm still trying to fine-tune my own arrangement, but it occurred to me that my non-VR and VR settings are very different. As such I've created a second pilot profile that has my VR settings so that I can use either mode without reconfiguration.

cyberpanic

Post by cyberpanic » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:34 pm

Another option is „Voice Attack“ - mentioned already somewhere in this Forum. It lets you control whatever program (also Condor2) with spoken voice commands like „release“, “gear“ and so on.