After trying all the solutions :
Deactivate MSAA
Select oculus
Delete all Runtime Versions and install the new ones
Update all driver and try several resolutions
Reinstall Condor 2
Reinstal SteamVR and Revive
Run by inject or drag and drop...

I can't launch in VR and have this message : Error initializing Direct3D Check Setup -> Video options

What can I do please ?

cos

Re: HTC Vive : Error initializing Direct3D

Post by cos » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 am

I purchased Condor 2 yesterday and have the same issue.

- Installed Condor
- Installed Revive
- Installed Oculus drivers (5 gigabytes, are they serious??)

I've tried starting Condor from desktop icon and added it to steamvr but no help. Should Condor be in Revive's list? Do i need to register to Oculus software for Condor to work? I didn't do it as I have no interest in doing so.

Here's a screenshot of the error message:
https://matrix.org/_matrix/media/v1/dow ... 112325.jpg

<rant>
From Condor developers decision to use Oculus API which only supports Facebook's devices instead of more common OpenVR which supports any hardware including Rift is quite strange. I hope you can change to OpenVR. Next gen VR devices such as Pimax are coming and there is no guarantee they'll work with Revive. As a developer I don't see any reason to use Oculus API instead of OpenVR unless Facebook pays a good sum of money for being Oculus exclusive.
</rant>

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:00 am

Did you follow the instructions in the Condor manual, and it doesn't work, or ??
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

wickid

Post by wickid » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 am

cos wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:46 am
<rant>
From Condor developers decision to use Oculus API which only supports Facebook's devices instead of more common OpenVR which supports any hardware including Rift is quite strange. I hope you can change to OpenVR. Next gen VR devices such as Pimax are coming and there is no guarantee they'll work with Revive. As a developer I don't see any reason to use Oculus API instead of OpenVR unless Facebook pays a good sum of money for being Oculus exclusive.
</rant>
I understand this choice. Condor is made by 2 people in their spare time. Initially supporting only one device makes sense. Less complicated code and only one hardware device to test with. Revive does work if you follow the instruction.
PH-1504, KOE

drassaud

Post by drassaud » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:28 am

OXO wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:00 am
Did you follow the instructions in the Condor manual, and it doesn't work, or ??
Yes I have follow all the instructions and try some more. (Réinstall all drivers, réinstall condor in an other directory, test with SteamVR beta or not, reinstall Revive, verifie directX...)

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:41 am

Double check that condor is using your dedicated GPU and not your IGP. you can see what card is used in the graphics option menu.

cos

Post by cos » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:05 pm

wickid wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:23 am
I understand this choice. Condor is made by 2 people in their spare time. Initially supporting only one device makes sense. Less complicated code and only one hardware device to test with. Revive does work if you follow the instruction.
OpenVR supports Oculus Rift and other devices, Oculus API supports only Oculus Rift. I haven't coded on either, but here's some
comparison about them and someone says "Ease of integration: Subjective, but I'd say they're equally easy.".

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... penvr_sdk/

I still don't see any benefit in using Oculus SDK instead of OpenVR. Looks like both can be supported at same time, so migrating
to OpenVR should be possible without breaking current support.

Btw, the manual page mentioned is here, might be helpful for people assuming things would just work out of the box:

http://www.condorsoaring.com/manual/#using-vr-devices

AlexH

Post by AlexH » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi,

I only got VR headset for Condor sim. I got Condor to work with VR on the HTC Vive without too much trouble. I followed the manual. The only thing that took me a few minutes was how to inject Condor with Revive as I have never done this before.

When you have followed all the below instructions from the manual, restart computer, make sure the HTC Vive and light houses and plugged in, start SteamVR, headset and lighthouses should be green/ready in SteamVR. In the bottom right you should get Revive icon, right click on revive, select inject, select Condor.exe, in setup make sure you ticked Oculus Rift, MSAA disabled, start freeflight or multiplayer, select Start flight, put on headset and enjoy!

Hope this helps.

HTC Vive
Similarly, the Rift website has a system check app. Go to https://www.vive.com

To use Vive with Condor you must use the Revive compatability layer app available from https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive

Installation steps:

Install SteamVR (which Vive users will have anyway)
Install Oculus Home without doing initial setup
Install Revive
Install Condor and copy the content of Revive\Revive folder into Condor folder (x86 and x64 Revive injectors and their related folders)
The first three steps are the usual Revive install routine, unrelated to Condor.

To run Condor 2:

Start SteamVR
In the SteamVR dashboard pick the Revive tab
Drag and drop Condor 2 to ReviveInjector_x64.exe (we have 64bit machine/OS)
Fly
Note: It may be required to set MSAA to zero for Vive.

drassaud

Post by drassaud » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:07 pm

I use my vive for a long time now, in many games and fligthsim, (skirymVR, FalloutVR both with lot of mods, Xplane 11, P3Dv4, Aerofly FS2, Project cars 2 etc...) some of these like Dirt Rally are using Revive, and sometimes it create problems, but everytime I was able to launch all my games, unfortunatly not Condor2 in VR. Always have the message : Error initializing Direct3D

And to answer Janjansen, all my games are using my dedicate GPU (1080ti) and I think my IGP is disconnect since the first time I turn on my PC ;-)

JBr

Post by JBr » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:46 pm

How do you run Condor in Revive? Through the Inject menu option, stand-alone injector or as patched exe? Patching doesn't work with Condor, it has to be injected.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:05 pm

drassaud wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:07 pm
I use my vive for a long time now, in many games and fligthsim, (skirymVR, FalloutVR both with lot of mods, Xplane 11, P3Dv4, Aerofly FS2, Project cars 2 etc...) some of these like Dirt Rally are using Revive, and sometimes it create problems, but everytime I was able to launch all my games, unfortunatly not Condor2 in VR. Always have the message : Error initializing Direct3D

And to answer Janjansen, all my games are using my dedicate GPU (1080ti) and I think my IGP is disconnect since the first time I turn on my PC ;-)
nVidia drivers do not recognize condor as a game (unlike all the other games you listed), and therefore if you have both igp+gpu, especially on a laptop, windows tends to select integrated graphics for condor unless you specify to use the nvidia card. Thats why i asked you to verify, but it sounds like its a different issue then.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 pm

nVidia drivers do not recognize condor as a game
Could developers change this and ask Nvidia to add both Condor games to the list?
Would be nice to have proper Nvidia graphic settings.
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

drassaud

Post by drassaud » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:46 am

JBr wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:46 pm
How do you run Condor in Revive? Through the Inject menu option, stand-alone injector or as patched exe? Patching doesn't work with Condor, it has to be injected.
I've tried both methods, the Inject menu option and stand-alone injector, but same result.

drassaud

Post by drassaud » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:57 am

janjansen wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:41 am
Double check that condor is using your dedicated GPU and not your IGP. you can see what card is used in the graphics option menu.
As I don’t want to neglect any possibility, I’m going to go scratch deeper into the menus to try different options.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:01 pm

the IGP/GPU issue is easily checked:

If that shows the correct gpu, then there is no need to delve deeper.

Another thought; since MSAA doesnt seem to work with revive, check your nvidia driver settings that you are not forcing MSAA?
Did you create a condor specific profile?

Lastly, it wouldnt hurt if you posted the log files which can be found in C:\Condor2\Logs