Configuring Scenery Freezing computer

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

nigemo

Configuring Scenery Freezing computer

Post by nigemo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:15 pm

I am new to condor but just downloaded program to a new computer and when I try to start a lesson it freezes when configuring scenery. I restarted my computer 3x and still gets hung up at same point so unable to actually fly. Any suggestions would be helpful. The computer I bought to run condor is: CyberPowerPC - Gamer Master Desktop - AMD Ryzen 5-Series - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580 XTR - 1TB Hard Drive - Black

Thanks for your time. Nigel

nigemo

Re: Configuring Scenery Freezing computer

Post by nigemo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:35 pm

The actual computer configuration I bought is: iBUYPOWER - Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive + 120GB Solid State Drive - Gray/Black Sorry for mistake.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:38 pm

Condor 2?
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:01 pm

My first thought is you many need to upgrade your graphics driver. I have a year old iBuypower with very similar specs (GTX 1080 rather than a 1060) and have no problems with either version of Condor on it.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

nigemo

Post by nigemo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:26 pm

Yes it is Condor 2. I spoke to sales guy and he thought that graphics driver was plenty but maybe you are right. Would Condor 1 work with my current driver? What driver would you recommend? Are they easy to change? Thanks

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:02 am

Lets collect more information.

Is this the default Slovenia landscape?

Which folder have you installed condor?
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:15 am

Can you try running condor with administrator permission.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:07 pm

This could be the "hidden window" issue reported here:
viewtopic.php?t=18205

The flight school and free flight dialogue boxes load but are hidden behind the condor main menu and the main window becomes unresponsive.

nigemo, can you confirm that when condor appears to freeze, you still see the condor 2 main menu and not some full screen loading/splash screen?

If so, look carefully at the edge of the window. You should be able to see a very thin edge of a window hidden behind condor main window and you can click it to bring it forward. See the highlighted areas:

If that actually works, drag that window well to the left or right so next time you can click it more easily.

nigemo

Post by nigemo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks for all the advise. I was able to get it working if I changed the graphics quality to very low settings so scenery doesn't look very realistic. Is this an indication that I do need to get a better graphics driver for my computer?

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Your GPU is more than capable enough. But maybe its not being used. If you go to setup / graphics, what does it say in the top right? Do you see something like Geforce 1060 GTX?

If it does, you might want to install new drivers from nvidia's website.

nigemo

Post by nigemo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:41 am

So I am still having a lot of trouble trying to get Condor running.

I have condor saved on my desk top and short cut on my desk top as well. I am running slovenia default. I am unsure how to run condor with administrator permission?

I bought and installed a GPU 1080 removing the 1060 with absolutely no change in my problems. It still loads super slow or not at all given graphics setting. When I go to set up/graphics in condor the video option has Microsoft Basic Render Driver Video Ram: 0.0 Mb. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem trying to get program to work?

Amazed how frustrating this process has been trying to get this program to work.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:56 am

nigemo wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:41 am
When I go to set up/graphics in condor the video option has Microsoft Basic Render Driver Video Ram: 0.0 Mb. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem trying to get program to work?
It has everything to do with it, condor is not able to see or use your videocard.
Did you connect your monitor cable to the nvidia card, or to the mainboard onboard graphics? It needs to be connected to the nvidia card.
Did you install the nvidia drivers?

nigemo

Post by nigemo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:16 pm

I don't have it connected to NVidia card so I will have to try this when I get home from work tonight. Thanks for the help and will let you know if this solves my problems! Will I notice a big difference in graphics if I keep the 1080 or just switch back to my 1060 and return 1080? I did do most recent update on NVidia website. Do I need to do anything else? Sorry for all the questions, I am not really a computer guy obviously! Thanks again.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:23 pm

If you have a single monitor, and not some exotic triple / 4K monitor setup, then a 1060 GTX really is all you need for condor.
You can better spend the money on a good joystick, rudder and a headtracker. Oh, and extra planes :)

nigemo

Post by nigemo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:14 pm

I got the ED tracker but haven't installed yet. Can you give me an idea how to calibrate it? Also, I have the Mach 0,1 simulator set up so have everything I need. I pretty much jumped right in! You know much about Mach 0,1 simulator? Thanks again for all the help.