Help with serial ports. CondorNav /Xsoar

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

sadatoni

Re: Help with serial ports. CondorNav /Xsoar

Post by sadatoni » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:48 pm

When you pull up the tcp port properties, and click settings for the COM port, what do you see?

This is what I have set:

Maybe try something other than COM1.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:25 pm

Do you conect via WIFI? i have a litle diferent settings in my Vspe i conect via wifi...try settings like yours, the same, and when i get into condor it doesnt conect to my tablet..i mean in the VSPE it works all god like in your picture but when i conect dont have any information...maybe what config you have in xc soar devices? can you show me please? greetings and thanks for your help!

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:03 pm

yes..i could conect with your parameters all the same...buts still hapens the same...i think is a wifi problem...maybe i have to try another alternative way

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:29 pm

silly suggestion perhaps, but it never hurts: try rebooting your router.

Ezepilot

Post by Ezepilot » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:53 pm

janjansen wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:29 pm
silly suggestion perhaps, but it never hurts: try rebooting your router.
Jjaja its not silly at all...because it works good!! Now all sems to back in normal! :D

tomwitkin

Post by tomwitkin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:04 pm

Got things working on my Samsung Android phone. Win7 computer running Condor 1 with <Setup> <Options> <NMEA output> enabled and set to COM3 (or whatever your Windows Bluetooth com setting is).

Paired the device running TopHat with my computer using the standard Bluetooth utility. In <Settings> <Device> in TopHat, I set the Port to my computer's name. Baud rate seems to work at 9600 or 19200, and used "Condor Soaring Simulator" as the driver.

Perhaps a "duh" moment on my part, I didn't see any data coming through until Condor was actually in <Free Flight>. It works fine, now. Hopefully, I'll get facile enough with TopHat over the winter, that using it won't bea heads-down distraction in the cockpit.