CHAT BUG UNSOLVED

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

janjansen

Re: CHAT BUG UNSOLVED

Post by janjansen » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:45 am

Could this be a variant of the "lost focus" bug? With that I mean, that occasionally some other app steals the focus from condor, and condor is no longer handling any inputs. The solution to that is to click the condor window (if need be, press the windows start key first if you dont see a pointer). If that same problem happens while the chat is open, perhaps that is what is happening? Have you guys tried alt tabbing in/out or pressing the start button and clicking on condor when this happens?

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:04 pm

I wonder though. Condor does handle the escape key, nothing else. And, it accepted the backspace key to get into the chat.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:57 pm

I should not that I've never had the problem with Condor 1, just version 2.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Two things changed since it was working and now hanging in chat (causing all sort of problems, like not being able to get back to the PDA screen 1, making navigation to the waypoints impossible)... still seems to take flights of over 2 hours before it occurs...

1) Installed an oculus rift
2) updated graphics drivers needed for the rift home beta.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:55 am

As an experiment, I found a program that displays what has the focus. Started it up, ran a steam app, did some browsing, went to watch some tv, came back, and possibly caught the culprit causing the chat bug for me...

That darn NVIDIA GeForce Experience. I am uninstalling it as I type this. Seems that last driver update did something that makes it start and take focus even though I removed it from the startup list.

Notice how it stole focus from Firefox and then gave it right back.

I found the focus tracking tool at http://www.happydroid.com/focus
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

SteveK

Post by SteveK » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:54 pm

Which Nvidia driver? I updated last weekend and the version that I downloaded seemed to have a way to disable installation of GeForce experience tacked onto the front of the installer. I presumed that it was a GDPR thing.

There were also options there to disable Telemetry.

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:24 pm

I used geforce experience to download/install the driver. I believe it also updated itself, and that's when my problem re-appeared. I'll be doing driver updates the manual way from now on.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:22 am

corlier wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:12 pm
if I try to send a message in multiplayer mode, 123.5 opens then it's as if the keyboard isn't working anymore (except 'ESC' key !!!?). So it's then unflyable : no more input commands for gear, autopilot, etc. :x

I've talked about this bug since the first days after V2 release but I saw nothing to fix this HUGE problem :( .

I think that I'm not the only one to report that issue and I hope you can help to fix it.

Hello Uros,

Today I've got this real 'chat bug 2.0' myself (not loop caused by remapped chat to enter). It is different from C1 where only chat/msgs didn't work (IIRC). In C2 all keys are stuck and not responding, except the only one: ESC key - which works. When started to write I jammed on 123.5 => didn't saw C. messages nor chat, couldn't change PDA screen, flaps etc. I attempt alt/tab, NUM on/off (which worked => keyboard was responsible), win key - nothing helped. Please try to investigate this problem, or maybe someone knows already how to fix it and what is the reason.

Rgrds
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:11 pm

sadatoni wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:24 pm
I used geforce experience to download/install the driver. I believe it also updated itself, and that's when my problem re-appeared. I'll be doing driver updates the manual way from now on.
When the Geforce Experience first came out I accidentally installed it. I am a PC user who manually installs everything, updates, drivers etc etc. Once installed it started to wipe the contents of my C: drive! On boot-up I noticed some shortcuts missing on my desktop and instantly thought I must have a virus so quickly ran some checks, which were all clear. Booted again and more disappeared. At that point I left it on and did some digging online.

It wasn't a common occurring thing but there were others who had the same happen. It has never been installed on my PC since and never will be.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:54 pm

Whether or not geforce experience has anything to do with it, it does appear everyone who has encountered this problem, is using an nVidia card?
Is there someone who's had this problem using an AMD GPU?

wickid

Post by wickid » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Hit me today on CWC after 2:10 in the air. I tried every key on the keyboard. Alt-tab, Alt-enter. Clicking Condor. I also run a Nvidia GPU. Shame, I was doing well.

I was flying on AP towards the third turnpoint. I wanted to ask somebody if he had lift. I hit Backspace and immediately it was jammed. Only escape working. I could still use the hotkey for talking on Teamspeak. I'm unassigning the chat now because I don't want it to happen again next time.
PH-1504, KOE

raelias

Post by raelias » Sun May 05, 2019 9:00 pm

I have the same issue quite frequently, chat freezes and nothing works except for Esc button which opens menu, tried alt tab alt enter clicking on window both on windowed and full screen, all joystick commands works fine tho (doesnt when condor isnt focus), luckly i have all keys set to joystick so i could finish my flight without any further problems, was not using autopilot in any of the times i had the bug, all the times I had the bug I was using XSplit to stream to twitch, also discord and spotify is running on the background and I have bitdefender installed, Windows 10, using TrackIr 5 and nvidia experience

Still no success isolating the root of the problem, it's weird cause chats works fine for a while and then suddenly it freezes

Looking forward for a sulution to this

Regards,
R.Elias

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:42 pm

I've had this happen twice in the last few days myself now after never experiencing it. Today it happened after being online for about 1 1/2 hours. I had previously successfully used chat during the flight, then at one point I hit backspace to open chat and when it opened no more key presses were accepted except the ESC key which opened the quit menu. I don't remember if I was using it the previous time I had this issue, but today I had OBS recording in the background, in case that is related.

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:17 pm

This has happened every time I've played online in the last couple days which is getting very frustrating, but I have a suspect now: The only thing that I can think of that had changed on my system in the last few days was that I installed the Windows Sandbox feature, which uses Hyper-V to run a temporary Windows 10 environment in a virtual machine. I haven't actually used the sandbox after the first time I played with it after I installed it, but I noticed today that Windows still loads various virtualization processes even when not running the sandbox. After uninstalling the sandbox feature I wasn't able to get the chat bug to happen on an online flight, but I didn't have the time to fly long enough to be more certain it's actually fixed, so it's possible this might just be a red herring. IF this fixes the issue, I suspect the problem would also effect anyone who has Hyper-V activated on their system.

A short addendum to this: if you find you have Hyper-V or the sandbox on and want disable them to check if that's the cause of the chat problem, be sure to actually power your computer off, not just reset it, after disabling Hyper-V and the sandbox or the CPU's virtualization functions will remain partially active.

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:24 pm

Unfortunately that didn't fix the issue, it happened again near the end of the Tchin-Tchin flight today. I used the task manager to save a memory dump of Condor2 with the chat frozen like that, perhaps it can help them figure out what the problem is.