I want to complain about . . .

To discuss anything related to soaring or not...

Moderators: Uros, OXO

Tima (TSD)

Re: Condor won't run anymore" " is not an Integer value

Post by Tima (TSD) » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:17 pm

gride wrote:... Would be nice to add some settings-variable validity checks or other precautions to prevent this kind of issue.
Forget about this. Despite bright statements of some very optimistic forum members (OXO! Where are you? This is about you!) i have to state that Condor is FINALLY DEAD. Sorry, but this is the fact :(. Nearly one year they can't correct the minor bug(s) which they invented in v14, for years we heard nothing from developers on this forum, support@condorsoaring.com never answers questions, etc., and you are asking about improvement... Sorry to tell this to you but it is useless to ask something from the dead body... :(

Cookie

Re: Condor won't run anymore" " is not an Integer valu

Post by Cookie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:46 pm

Please forget what "Tima the trouble maker" says and never believe anything about Condor being dead. It's getting boring Tima, why don't you bore off somewhere else if you don't like it, you boring little man.

Current competition with 716 competitors registered tells me Condor lives :lol: :lol: :D http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/competit ... rue&id=120

Wish I could help with the problem you have but I'm sure someone on this forum will help.

Regards
Tony Cook (TC9)
"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned forever skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return" Leonardo Da Vinci

P-MONKE

Post by P-MONKE » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:32 pm

Tima (TSD) wrote:
gride wrote:... Would be nice to add some settings-variable validity checks or other precautions to prevent this kind of issue.
Forget about this. Despite bright statements of some very optimistic forum members (OXO! Where are you? This is about you!) i have to state that Condor is FINALLY DEAD. Sorry, but this is the fact :(. Nearly one year they can't correct the minor bug(s) which they invented in v14, for years we heard nothing from developers on this forum, support@condorsoaring.com never answers questions, etc., and you are asking about improvement... Sorry to tell this to you but it is useless to ask something from the dead body... :(
Jebus, will you stop whinging or just Foxtrot Oscar - time and time again, I come across threads where you post and add nothing to the conversation apart from your broken record whiny voice.
It's true that Condor is not FSX or whatever, but it's the best we've got. Most of us come here to help out and make the best experience for everyone with the software that we have.

Tima (TSD)

Post by Tima (TSD) » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:58 am

P-MONKE wrote:Jebus, will you stop whinging or just Foxtrot Oscar - time and time again, ... bla-bla-bla.
How long do you fly in Condor? 2 years? I'm here 6 years. So let's wait a little bit and after 4 years more using abandonware we'll see what YOU will tell. Until that please stay in touch with mentioned Mr. "Foxtrot Oscar".
bb.

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Tima (TSD) wrote:
P-MONKE wrote:Jebus, will you stop whinging or just Foxtrot Oscar - time and time again, ... bla-bla-bla.
How long do you fly in Condor? 2 years? I'm here 6 years. So let's wait a little bit and after 4 years more using abandonware we'll see what YOU will tell. Until that please stay in touch with mentioned Mr. "Foxtrot Oscar".
bb.
+1
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Tima (TSD) wrote:
bb.
Tima I don't think condor is going dead at this moment, I think it is just getting alive again.
Since I started to fly condor there were not much people around, but it grew amazingly fast.
I still flew in the summer those days, nowadays I do not fly condor in the summer anymore.
This is also a total new thing what I saw when I did start condor in July/August, alot of people
are still flying.

So please do not say condor is dead because there are not 1000 people online at the same time, I still know there are lots of people flying condor and you may be right it are not more as we had in 2007/2008 but we still have them.

My 2c
JJJ
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:43 pm

So let's wait a little bit and after 4 years more using abandonware we'll see what YOU will tell.
This is my last comment on this subject:-

Anybody who thinks there has been no Condor development for 4 or more years should look in their Condor directory and read the dated release notes. Currently this is called readme114.txt

Condor Team will not tolerate any more disinformation on this matter.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Andrzej Czop

Post by Andrzej Czop » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:08 pm

OXO wrote:...read the dated release notes. Currently this is called readme114.txt...
Condor: The Competition Soaring Simulator v1.1.4
http://www.condorsoaring.com
(c)2005-2010 Condor Team, All Rights Reserved.

1.1.4 (December 14, 2010): 7+ changes
1.1.3 (March 19, 2010): 3
1.1.2 (Aug 31, 2007): 13
1.1.1 (May 21, 2007): 29+
1.1.0 (December 23, 2006): 38+
1.0.9 (August 29, 2006): 33+
1.0.8 (April 21, 2006): 40
1.0.7 (March 6, 2006): 30+
1.0.6 (December 14, 2005): 30+
1.0.5 (October 18, 2005): 67
1.0.4 (July 3, 2005): 7
1.0.3 (June 30, 2005): 38+
1.0.2 (May 15, 2005): 21
1.0.1 (May 8, 2005): 44
a total of 400 changes + hell knows how many minor changes :roll:
what about 2.0.1? :wink:
even without this big thx for your work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMS2uMUQNnQ

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:58 am

OXO wrote:
So let's wait a little bit and after 4 years more using abandonware we'll see what YOU will tell.

Condor Team will not tolerate any more disinformation on this matter.
Well there you have it boys, straight from the horse (you choose which end). It is now one year since the last bug fix, which added new bugs while fixing others.

You can't tell us on this forum what we can and cannot say Chris, this is a democratic country not North Korea. I am disgusted by your comment above.
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)

Tima (TSD) in ban

Re: I want to complain about . . .

Post by Tima (TSD) in ban » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:59 am

Olympia wrote:... You can't tell us on this forum what we can and cannot say Chris, this is a democratic country not North Korea. I am disgusted by your comment above.
He can and he doing this. He deleted my post and banned me. So we are approaching North Korea here. Soon any negative words about Condor will cause ban of the user.

Many thanks, OXO. By your actions you simply confirm that my words are true. You have no arguments against my statements and use administrative tools as last resort.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:42 am

Suspended for 7 days actually..
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

sir_clive

Post by sir_clive » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:56 pm

While I also do not necessarily agree with what Tima & others say (or, to be more precise, HOW they say it), I strongly feel they need to have the chance to do so, as long as they don't get offensive (which, to my knowledge, never happened).

As a Condor user, I protest banning people from this forum, even if only temporarily, just for expressing their frustration with the current state of affairs and for asking for ANY information from the developers. Or for making their own conclusions from the continuing silence of the development team, whether those conclusions may be correct or not.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:55 am

We allow as much comment as we can bear.

But there is a line which must not be crossed. It's like this:-

1. No false statements.

2. No personal attacks on any member here.

Before the suspension is done, the member has had at least one warning from a mod, and usually many pm's trying to correct the situation. It is the last resort.

When the suspension is over, usually it's only 1 week, then the member is free to return. If the transgressions continue, then we issue a permanent ban.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:45 am

I have been a member of a number of fora on the WWW and have left those where the 'moderation' became immoderate. This invariably happened when only one person was doing it, and effectively 'owned' the forum. Our developers are clearly not doing any moderation now, and haven't been for some time, maybe for reasons of language which is not their fault. However I feel the time may have come for additional moderators to be appointed just to make sure moderation on Condor is even handed. We live in a democracy (most of us anyway) and are used to democratic methods which includes the right to protest. Note that I say the 'right' which carries the 'responsibility' to protest in an appropriate manner. How many people these days will grab their 'rights' with no care for their responsibilities? No one on here I hope. Tima and I are both long standing members of Condor and thus have the 'memory' responsibility, which means that from time to time we will draw the attention of more recent members to the delays in certain areas of the software. I know this is becoming an ever increasing embarrassment to our moderator, but several sensible suggestions have been made to get this log jam sorted out. Alas these are shrugged off and we are treated like naughty children for even making these suggestions.

Banning people for merely mentioning a problem is the sort of thing that used to go on in certain middle European countries till quite recently, but even they have seen the light. At the next suggestion of a ban on anyone for making reasonable statements I will leave this forum. As it is I am hardly using Condor now because I find it does not meet my ideas of what gliding is really about, but then I am older than most pilots on here. I subscribe to the Philip Wills philosophy of being a bird not a racing driver.
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)

sir_clive

Post by sir_clive » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Now, the democracy all nice and good, but this is a private forum, and if the owners decide to set their rules, it's their good right to do so.

As OXO explained, the ban did not come out of nowhere, as I thought when I wrote my reply above. If after multiple polite requests to play by the rules, whatever those rules may be, the user still chooses not to comply, I think it's the right of the forum owners (moderators) to take more drastic actions.

It's nothing to do with democracy. Personal insults are prohibited by law allowed in all countries that I know of. Whether Tima is guilty or not of getting personal, I don't want to judge, but if OXO warned him and told him that his posts are seen as insults and that he will be banned if he continued posting like that, then I understand the ban.