[Dragonfly Provence Tour] Competition days

Moderators: dgtfer, Simicro, Marc Blanjean, RaiderOne, canastel9g, LEAN, PhilippeFP

LEAN

[Dragonfly Provence Tour] Competition days

Post by LEAN » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:07 pm

Hello guys :D
Here, in this unique topic, relate your success and misfortunes, various stories, post your beautiful pictures throughout the competition.

Floris

Re: [Dragonfly Provence Tour] Competition days

Post by Floris » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Looking forward to it, 10 minutes till jointime :)
Nice route via the parcours and the high mountains.
I've done about the same route earlier this year in reallife, but that was with a Nimbus 4D, and we didn't land at St.Crepin ;)

Frank Lukas

Post by Frank Lukas » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:43 pm

LEAN wrote:...post your beautiful pictures...
Weather situation when approaching TP4. Right in time, if I may say so. Not really nice to have the exit partly covered with clouds already.
Shot46.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WDP

Post by WDP » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Thank You Very Much for the interesting task. We all enjoyed flying the beautiful Provence.
We found flying team in this conditions was very very difficult (and dangerous, we could never gather more than 2 pilots) ) and we hope the weather in coming up days is more realistic and supports the main goal of team flying fun.

Thank you for the competition,

Team Kaesemann

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:24 am

Screenshots, I love G-Forcess :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

LEAN

Post by LEAN » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:06 am

Frank Lukas wrote:Weather situation when approaching TP4. Right in time, if I may say so. Not really nice to have the exit partly covered with clouds already.
I'm not a real pilot, but i can't imagine that in real life, there is never any clouds that force you to choose another way 8)
For my part, i did it: a little turn around and I went through the valley a little further south where there was no clouds 8)
WPD wrote:We found flying team in this conditions was very very difficult (and dangerous, we could never gather more than 2 pilots) )
It should perhaps not mistake flight team and flight patrol? :mrgreen:
and we hope the weather in coming up days is more realistic and supports the main goal of team flying fun.
Next task will not be mine, so ... wet and sea as the sailors say :lol:
It was my first self-made competition task, so ... be indulgent :wink:

BTW, congrats and thanks to all for your participation, and your nice pics :wink:

kristoffer

Post by kristoffer » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:39 am

I have flown a few real, national competitions. I did not fly yesterdays dragonfly(Hoping I can next time though!), but based on the screens it does look like the clouds are a bit low compared to the surrounding mountains. When I have flown real competitions with low cloudbase, the tasks have guided us away from the higher mountains to avoid the distance between the clouds and the terrain beeing to small. This was a competition for fresh competitiopilots though. I guess in competitions on higher level, the tasks become more difficult and such details are less important. Thing is, one doesn't have to fly excactly were the trackline goes and the pilots still makes the decision about were to go and if to go at all(of course in Condor it's much easier to make unrealistick competitionwhise decisions). Making shorter tasks(<250km) to be good, challenging and interresting is no easy job at all! The cloudbase can't be too high either on short tasks as that will mean very few thermals to complete the task. As a first task, it doesn't look bad at all. And all the non-complainers definetly liked the task.. :mrgreen:
I really hope I will be able to join the fun next week!

Best Regards
Kristoffer

Andrzej Czop

Post by Andrzej Czop » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:12 pm

against claims of weather - I like challenges so any weather is good for me :lol:
thanks for the nice task :)

goshawk

Post by goshawk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Interesting task.... somehow nice. :roll:
Mostly the finish sector..... minimum height 300m over the airfield height :lol:

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:23 pm

About the task, it was really not funny to put altitudes on TP2,3,4 .. finish sector oke no problem.. but it is really not worth to put these altitudes.. Anyway the task was good for the rest, ridge/thermal variation was nice and thermals where fine for me, catched one blue thermal of 3ms which gave me this speed.

Regards
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

arneh

Post by arneh » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:26 pm

goshawk wrote:Mostly the finish sector..... minimum height 300m over the airfield height :lol:
Haha, certainly caught me out!
"Huh, why doesn't the task finish?", check PDA, "Doh, minimum height is 200 meters above me!".

Andrzej Czop

Post by Andrzej Czop » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:30 pm

i can't upload ftr - no acces to condor-club webpage :(

Regards
Andrzej

goshawk

Post by goshawk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:31 pm

arneh wrote:
goshawk wrote:Mostly the finish sector..... minimum height 300m over the airfield height :lol:
Haha, certainly caught me out!
"Huh, why doesn't the task finish?", check PDA, "Doh, minimum height is 200 meters above me!".
Yes yes .... that was big fun!

After a hard workday and a big flat renewal procedure in a tired state forgot to check triple times the briefing .... :D
(Penalty: write down 100x 'I will always check the briefing triple times before takeoff.')
:D :D :D

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:39 pm

BSOD on fg :\
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

barak

Post by barak » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Hello,
I also can not upload my ftr (no access to http://www.condor-club.eu/).
Where can I post my ftr?
Kind regards,
Tom Bouctou (BIR) / Team Deutschland