[Sky Battle Cup 2010] Checklist pilots

Want to organize multiplayer session? This is the right place...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

PhilippeFP

[Sky Battle Cup 2010] Checklist pilots

Post by PhilippeFP » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:46 pm

SBC2010 - Checklist

Dear SBC2010 competitor,

The 1st race is now very close. To fly safely SBC2010, please go carefully through this checklist:

1 - Complaints and requests by mp will be completely ignored. Any complaint or request has to be submitted on forums.

2 - Make sure your PC and Condor are working properly (no crash to desktop, blue screen, etc.)

3 - Registration on french forum http://www.condorsim.fr/communaute/ucp. ... e=register is strongly recommended. You get faster information and support in case of technical problem

4 - Unique time slot: servers are joinable between 19H30 UTC and 20H00 UTC

5 - Briefing will be available in a
a) simplified form on Condor Club and by Email at H-45min
b) comprehensive form on Condor Club at H-15min
6 - Fly with the Competition Number (CN) you registered on Condor Club otherwise you will not be scored.

7 - Whatever happens (task completed, crash, disconnection) DO NOT forget to upload your .ftr to Condor Club within the time limit after each race and (for more details, see the SBC2010 Rules). No exception for forgetting or mistaking files

8 - Check your credit of .ftr on Condor Club. If you are not a CondorClub premium member you can upload a maximum of 5 ftr / month

------------------------------------------
:arrow: PS : please moderators, bear with us for multiple posts. It is only for visibility and clarity reasons to get SBC2010 pilots well prepared and informed. Uros is still sorting our forum rights for the SBC2010 forum http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewforum.php?f=26

arn72

Re: [Sky Battle Cup 2010] Checklist pilots

Post by arn72 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 pm

does this mean that non premium users arent allowed to upload all of their flights if they fly every comp?????

Ronald Deerenberg

Post by Ronald Deerenberg » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 pm

arn72 wrote:does this mean that non premium users arent allowed to upload all of their flights if they fly every comp?????
Just support the creators of condor club and buy a premium membership: It's just 12 Euros per year.

arn72

Post by arn72 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:16 pm

eeeh, no

Jack Hart

Post by Jack Hart » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Whoa!!! I just saw this one. I'm a premium member of Condor Club, so I can upload all my .ftrs.

BUT. I will not support any comp that forces people to pay to submit scores. Charging to compete is totally against the spirit of Condor, and forcing people to join Condor Club is charging to compete.

Sorry, but count me out.

RaiderOne

Post by RaiderOne » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:40 pm

SBC2010 Team and Condor-Club management are two different things.

SBC2010 Team has no other way to score such a big event except with the Condor-Club ... it would have ben way too much work to develop something else and then we wouldn't have decide to launch the Competition ...
Its a matter of compromise ...

But We do force nobody, and you can even win the competition if you are non-premium :
Look ... you can upload :
5 ftr on January / 5 races
5 ftr on february / 8 races
5 ftr on March / 8 races
4 ftr on April / 4 races

Total 19 compared to a total of 25 races ! And don't forget that only the 14 best results will be counted for the final ranking !!!

PhilippeFP with the rest of the team has estimated that it is not a very big restriction for a non-premium member and that this competition, even with this small restriction, is worth the try to organize ...
ImageImage

Post by 22 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:58 pm

I am curious how you will recognize if ppl will get disconnect and will not be able upload FTR to CB because isnt premium member. He will get penalty like he crashed or how it will be solved?

RaiderOne

Post by RaiderOne » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Thierry (BOD1) will answer to that question as soon as he can !

But let's all stay in a positive attitude, please !

The International Condor Community, at that moment of his life, definetly needs such a big event ... it seems to be awaited by lots of Condor pilots around ...

So we have done our maximum with the tools available to us to save some time to the organization team.
It is not perfect of course, but it's better than to have nothing.
And believe me, even that way, it represent a very large amount of work for us ! This work needs some respect ...

We will be able to launch around 13 Condor Servers (in case of real need) at the same time, and all of them with full 32 pilots capacity and good pings !
It's also quite a lot of work and money ...

So thank you all for your positive attitude ... everybody is doing his best for us to be able to compete in a good way ... ! :)
Last edited by RaiderOne on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Post by 22 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:40 pm

What was negative on my question mate? :shock: :D

PhilippeFP

Post by PhilippeFP » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Please continue the discussion in this http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... 26&t=11050

Fransois

Post by Fransois » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:29 am

i love you all ......peace 8)
ImageImage

Jack Hart

Post by Jack Hart » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:47 am

RaiderOne wrote:SBC2010 Team and Condor-Club management are two different things.

SBC2010 Team has no other way to score such a big event except with the Condor-Club ... it would have ben way too much work to develop something else and then we wouldn't have decide to launch the Competition ...
Its a matter of compromise ...
Gliderracing.com could score the competition, requires no fees, and accepts CN registration on a first come, first served basis. Condor-Club is not your only option.

Post by 22 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:53 am

Also you can use ShowCondorIGC for scoring..version 2.6.0 fully supports competition scoring, online scoring and web publishing of score, etc.. :wink:

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:18 am

I don't know very well ShowCondorIGC but we DO NOT want to process manually the scoring. We want an AUTOMATIC processing from A to Z without any development on our side because we do not have development skills.

Condor Club also accepts CN registration on a first come, first served basis BUT not for a given competition but as a general rule because Condor Club is not only a competition management system but also serves other purposes. We buy that principle. Even the former http://www.competition-center.com was based on a once for all CN registration system.

Jack Hart and 22, we hear that you have a problem with Condor Club in this case but also from past dicussions. No need to repeat over and over again. If you want to flame Condor Club, be straight and clear; and open a new thread with an explicit title in the Condor Club forum and we will continue the discussion there.

Now the SBC2010 organization team not only supports Condor Club as a Condor utility website, but also made the choice to rely on its CN registration and scoring system. And that's it.

We will simply stick to our choice and MOVE FORWARD.

I think I'm clear.

Regarding finetuning the rules, we are not stubborn and we read and value every suggestion. However we will not shift the rules from white to black.

Post by 22 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:09 am

I dont understand your post well Tony...I had one question and one tip for you so really I dont know why you mention some flame? Anyway everyone can have own opinion including Jack..
In every case I cant fly this comp because Win7/nVidia fix was not released yet so I dont care about rules too much. But why CC cant allow higher number of FTRs during competition? Imho better would be any competition fee than forcing ppl to create premuim membership in CC. Over.