Why you should join SBC2010

Post by Simicro » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:30 pm

SBC2010 - Official Website.jpg
- Hitzi is the developer of DSHelper
- Cadfael is an acclaimed scenery creator
- Kaleu is the winner of SBC2008
- Stefke is one of the organizers of SBC2008

JOIN SBC2010 NOW! Click here

Attention webmasters of all Condor communities : please post the news on your website / forum. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Simicro on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stefke

Re: Why you should join SBC2010

Post by Stefke » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:51 pm

and I´m one of the organizers of SBC2008 8) and I´m looking forward for SBC2010 after two years
of Condor abstinence :D

Lecro

Post by Lecro » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:05 pm

back to the business for this great competition!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world...Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Lurik

Post by Lurik » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:11 pm

Up to now :

165 pilots from

25 different countries

Who has not join up to now?
Creation Scenery Tutorial : http://www.lurik.fr

hitzi

Post by hitzi » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:33 am

Lurik wrote:Who has not join up to now?
Me *hehe* ... but just because of the Win7/nividia problem.

Lurik

Post by Lurik » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:15 am

hitzi wrote:Me *hehe* ... but just because of the Win7/nividia problem.
I understand. I'm waiting to test Seven, because up to now i'm with Vista/Nvidia. But the competition will run on 4 month. You should join to be able to fly if a new driver arrive and solve your problem
Creation Scenery Tutorial : http://www.lurik.fr

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:02 am

Thanks all !

Thanks Stefke for your support and authorization to use SBC initials (cf. your correspondence with Dominique RaiderOne). We do appreciate. The visual in my initial post has been updated.

We want to stress that SBC2010 has the same spirit as former Lowlands Cup and Speedbattle Cup that is:
Gather all the community in a big competition

kaleu

Post by kaleu » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:21 pm

As Tony already wrote I'm really looking forward to the SBC 2010, since no big compettions came up this winter (I'm too busy to organise the SkyRace myself and Marek also doesn't find the time to finish the website)
After one winter with only SkyRace as big competition (+BST flights) I'm really happy to see that we get a big competition like the great LLC or Speedbattle-Cups again.
For me the long competitions over several months are the really interesting ones. You get a mix of tricky and fast tasks and with such a long competition you always have the chance to make smaller mistakes without the drastic consequences on the final results you get in shorter competitions.
Phillipe already proved his abilities as competition manager (K13-Cup was really great fun and the tasks normally weren't too hard) and I'm sure he'll keep up that good quality also for SBC, although a few really tricky tasks will make it more interesting :wink: .
But for me the most important thing is the high number of pilots you get to know in such a competition.
I remember the legendary LLC-times when you knew everyone on the servers and we were happy with 3 classes and a "crappy" weather model (compared to the actual one) just because we had that competition with full servers. Such comps are really a great opportunity to make friends e.g. for team-flying and they make Condor much more interesting in times where the development seems veery slow :wink: . So especially for pilots new to Condor (like us before LLC) such a big competition is the best way to make friends and learn very quickly. On the (mostly) full servers you always find some good pilots to fly with and learn from.
Short: SIGN UP, flying a task on a server with 32 pilots is the best fun in Condor 8)

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:59 pm

already suscribed 8)

Also gave up my sunday as race day for my own little comp for ya ;)

hope for crowded serves and some fun.

Cya

iron

RaiderOne

Post by RaiderOne » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:58 pm

eisenhans wrote:already suscribed 8)

Also gave up my sunday as race day for my own little comp for ya ;)

hope for crowded serves and some fun.

Cya

iron
That's very Kind of you Iron Thanks !
But anyway, that was not absolutely necessary because your competition propose 3 different possible days for the same task to fly ! So pilots who wants to fly both competitions SBC2010 and yours can still do it even if you keep the Sunday as a Race Day. Its up to you ...

We have chosen the Thursdays & Sundays as SBC2010 RaceDays because of the habit taken by lots of pilots during the past 3 big winter competitions : LowLands Cup, SBC07 and SBC08 !
As there was a lot of pilots connected during those Competition RaceDays, that was the best proof to show those days are appreciated by the big majority of Condor Pilots found of Competition ! :)
ImageImage

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:35 am

oh no prob i know thats not necessary @ all but i would like to participate in SBC and
as you said one of my comps with same tasks is without time pressure.

So wednesday is ok for that one try comp. So pilots dont who want to fly @ release date wont come into trouble with SBC.

SBC will be fun lookin forward to it. cya

iron

Post by 22 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:58 am

hitzi wrote:
Lurik wrote:Who has not join up to now?
Me *hehe* ... but just because of the Win7/nividia problem.
thx very much for support Hitzi..it sems we arent group.. :( it seems we are alone mate!

Post by 22 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:22 am

What I want to say...ok best competition will come when our Dear CDT will support it and all good pilots knows where Condor "needs patches"..till this time it isnt serious thing because:
1)....
2)....
3)....

etc....so some Condor aces like you and me will not participate...sure we can make OS downgrade or dual booting systems..its not my case and I hope our French friends will do such pressure to CDT, when all aces would take place on start grid and than it will be smtg similar to great business like SBC!!!!!!..is here somebody who will not accept big community competition because some of us cant participate because our dear developers after 2 months dont make any thing for Win7 ppl?

List:
Marek Svozil aka 22 (Soaring Camp and FCAG member)
Hitzi aka DSH :wink:

...others?

Cadfael

Post by Cadfael » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:46 am

It is really great pitty we have these problems with Nvidia and some of people could expect a problems during a cup, but on the other side every winter we had a great internation cup at the Condor and for me is a winter without cup like this wrong. Not everybody is flying these cups for win, must of us will have no time to fly all the tasks, but we all want to fly for pleasure. I am very sorry about people with problems, but if we all will stop flying and we will wait for patch, interest about condor will die quickly for everybody. I participated at the all cups - Lowland, SBC... and I like this large race, with many of people. Without races like this anything will be missing for us. Many thanks to organizers for their job. So we can try it, and we must hope new patch will be available soon.

Post by 22 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:52 am

...ah, its smarty but not solving...sry I lost motivation