Condor World record distance flight.. !!!!!!!!!!

This is the best place to exchange flight plans and flight tracks...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Christensen

Post by Christensen » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:48 pm

WOW 1500km awesome. The longest I've flown in Condor is about 230km. Respect! 8)
Gliders, sail planes, they're wonderful flying machines. It's the closest you can come to being a bird.
- Neil Armstrong.

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:57 pm

Gratzz!! i did 1100km in 8hous 45 :)
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

D-KOMN M.Linke

Well Done

Post by D-KOMN M.Linke » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:07 am

Of cause it´s hard to fly 1500km with Thermal
That was the reason for me to do a 3500km flight on ridge.
You can see it on http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?t=6992
I think it´s possible to do a 2000km flight with thermals, too.
I´ll try it in December. If anyone wants to fly it with me he can write me a message.
I´ll post it in this Forum if I finished

Icarus

Post by Icarus » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:10 am

So I'm hearing RESPECT from most folks out there.....respect for being that determined to sit on the PC for hours on end; that's about it! I can appreciate that - proves how much time they've got on their hands. Thermal helpers on???? This makes for a very long and predictable flight. Sounds like there are some really bored folks out there.

I was reading some older posts on CTDB about the pilot ranking lists - I was tempted to comment on how the rankings are made when I read that Q key is allowed! Sounds like there are some cheats out there too - what's the point I say.

We should investigate what we as a soaring community look for in our flying. For me personally it is the challenge of flying equipment with performance limits, in uncertain conditions, as fast or as far or high as possible. This applies just as much whether you're a RL glider pilot or Sim pilot only. I will appreciate a good soaring performance made under these conditions.

There is a simple solution to resolve all these issues. Only recognising achievements made with full realism....that's it.

I've got an idea for another racing class - Jokers World. It's a whole lot of PW-5's fitted with laser guns in the nose. Because battery power is limited you only get 5 shots the whole task...Q key and thermal helpers enabled. Start is one at a time, with 5min intervals between aircraft. If you catch the guy in front of you it becomes a dogfight :)

Let's create a ranking for performance we can all appreciate. I think the badges on CTDB are a very good idea. This gives respect to those who have succeeded under controlled (Real) conditions. We should apply this to other types of flying too.

Hotel Niner