73 km TASK. Try it!

This is the best place to exchange flight plans and flight tracks...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

ultralajt

73 km TASK. Try it!

Post by ultralajt » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:01 pm

Hi!

Here you can download a TASK that was prepared by my friend. We did not fly it "on line" but send each other our flight tracks to compete with each other using oponent flight as Ghost. I will add also my best flight track...for using it as ghost in your flight.

We manage to squeeze as much as possible in order to finish the task as soon as possible. We believe, that much more is not possible...maybe a minute...

If enyone want to try this task, let see some data:

TASK:
Landscape: Slovenia
TakeOff: LESCE-BLED
Start: LESCE-BLED
1. TP: AJDNA
2. TP: GOZD MARTULJEK S
3. TP: PODKOREN ROAD CR
Finish: LESCE-BLED
Total distance: 73.0 km

TIMING:
Start time: 12:00:00

PLANE:
Plane class: 15-meter

WEATHER
Wind dir: 203 °
Wind speed: 29 km/h
Temperature: 22 °C
Dew point: 8 °C
Thermal strength: Average

Remark! Starting method is Airborne in 1010m

download task here:
http://www2.arnes.si/~cetim6/slike/tekma-1.fpl

download my flight here:
http://www2.arnes.si/~cetim6/slike/tekm ... -38min.ftr

Regards!
Mitja

P.S.: I would like to hear you abot pushing this challenge to faster average speed :D

MalcolmH

Post by MalcolmH » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:59 pm

Mitja,

After downloading your flight plan and track it appears the maps for the two are different.

After loading the flight plan and then selecting the NOTAM tab, no ghost flights are visible. All filter options have to be off before any tracks appear. If your track is selected and the flight started you are nowhere to be seen.

If the track is loaded the map is different (sorry if this is confusing), the ghost can then be selected and when the flight is started the ther are two planes side by side, your ghost and mine waiting to start.

I think the bottom line is the track you submitted does not correspond to the flight plan. It seems that flight plan info is also stored in a track file as when a track is loaded a flight plan appears on the map and can be flown. These features are not fully documented or explained.

Regards

Mal

RaiderOne

Post by RaiderOne » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:27 pm

I do confirm ... same problem ... :(

Regards

RaiderOne
ImageImage

Ceejay

Post by Ceejay » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:41 pm

Same here. You (your glider) just popped up somewhere...

Grtz., CJ.

PS. BTW, I did the task in 44 mins.

edit: Nice task, Mitja. Here are links for downloading my ftr's:

track 1
track 2

PH-057 # CJ + PH-062 # JK > > > it is better to be down here wishing to be up there than vice versa... < < <

MalcolmH

Post by MalcolmH » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:41 pm

Hi CeeJay

The difference with your tracks is that they appear in the ghost column (after 'equal plane class' in the filter has been unchecked), whereas Mitjas didnt.

Also when you load your tracks independantly the flight plan is correct.

I'll try and compete against your tracks using Mitjas .fpl and see what happens.

Regards

Maly

Ceejay

Post by Ceejay » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:04 pm

Hi Maly,

The tracks show two completely different approaches. The second track was not the fastest but certainly the most exiting. Phew... :oops: almost didn't make it. I'm looking forward to your reaction.

Grtz., CJ.

PH-057 # CJ + PH-062 # JK > > > it is better to be down here wishing to be up there than vice versa... < < <

MalcolmH

Post by MalcolmH » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:30 pm

Flew with both your tracks yesterday great fun, although I was 10 minutes behind you, next time I'll be prepared for the start and try and follow you (or maybe overtake you :wink:). Shame you cant change the view to one of your gliders. I didnt finish the task, rounded waypoint two quite low and could see it taking way over an hour to complete.

I studied your tracks using the analyser and yes there are many ways to complete the task. I'll try again at the weekend.

By the way, I loaded Mitja's flight plan and enabled both your tracks and started the flight, then I loaded one of your tracks and again, enabled your tracks in the ghost option. Both methods seemed to yield the same result.

Regards

Maly

rug

Post by rug » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:23 pm

Just had a go at this, as I wanted a quick task as it was getting late.

Got round in 30 minutes 28 seconds, but I'm not sure what the target time was. I know I can fly it a bit faster - there are some great climbs I took a while to find ...

Anyway, I've added a copy of the track (rename from .zip to .ftr - I've not zipped it)

What is the fastest it can be done ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Cook (Rug)
Reg-#: G-WHIZZ
Comp-#: ZZ

carol

Extrakt flight plan from flight track

Post by carol » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:19 pm

Hello One Tip to solve the problem you can extract the flightplan out of the flighttrack by selecting: Free Flight -> Load -> Flight tracks. I did this with the track ultralajt posted. You can find this flight plan and some others here:
http://abi97.glwb.info/homepage/condor/flightdata.htm