3500km

This is the best place to exchange flight plans and flight tracks...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Icarus

Post by Icarus » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:22 am

Flying on the mountain ridges at night!!!!

What is the objective here - who can stay awake the longest?

My suggestion for CTDB is to create two "standard" scenery/weather profiles for record chasers - one thermal and one ridge/wave conditions. Only flown in daylight and everyone has the same weather to fly in. Then pilots can set their own task using the "free distance with 3TP" FAI ruling.

We can then pay respect to the true champions under the same standard.

Hotel Niner

awebb

Re: 4000km CTDB

Post by awebb » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:06 am

D-KOMN M.Linke wrote:Oh the 4000 km flight will be send to the CTDB i will send.
I can only send the flight plan , but can´t send the flighttrack.
I´ve only saved the IGC :(
I´ve forgotten to save the flight track.
I think you can now convert IGC files to FTR files on CTBD ;)

D-KOMN M.Linke

Post by D-KOMN M.Linke » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:21 pm

Icarus in Oz wrote:Flying on the mountain ridges at night!!!!

What is the objective here - who can stay awake the longest?

My suggestion for CTDB is to create two "standard" scenery/weather profiles for record chasers - one thermal and one ridge/wave conditions. Only flown in daylight and everyone has the same weather to fly in. Then pilots can set their own task using the "free distance with 3TP" FAI ruling.

We can then pay respect to the true champions under the same standard.

Hotel Niner
It´s not only on the weather to fly an new record, it even plays a big part , but even the ability of the pilots and the knowhow about the weather and the landscape.
I only used the condor own Settings, that means 50 km/h wind and no specific values.
So i think yes it should be devided into two parts the thermal one and the one that´s done on a ridge, but the settings should not eben be the same at all records, I agree that they should have a limit, but this should be up to the condor specific values.

Icarus

Post by Icarus » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:06 am

Agreed! Each scenery should be specific to what is required for good performances - thermal should be mostly flatland with good lift and high cloudbase, wind not too strong. Ridge/Wave should have enough wind to provide both forms of lift.

As they say in the classics: "If you want to break gliding world records you need to find world record weather".

There are no RL record holders who do not have an intimate knowledge of the terrain they flew in. It was just a matter of waiting for suitable conditions.

Cheers

Hotel Niner

rsm

Post by rsm » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:49 am

hi,

i have a question how late are you finish the task?

RSM

goshawk

Post by goshawk » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:53 am

Spam message.
Delete the user too :D
http://hwk.hu
"Linux is user friendly.... just selective of its friends"
"Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience."

MrTumnus

Re: ...

Post by MrTumnus » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:39 pm

In the real world you can't fly along mountain ridges because you have katabatic winds!

Didivolk66

Re: 3500km

Post by Didivolk66 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:17 am

Hi guys
Very impressive :shock: . I tried to downloaded the rar files. When unzipping it one file reported to be broken. I like to have the ftr if you dont mind. :wink:
Maybe over an http link
Didi

Didivolk66

Post by Didivolk66 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:33 am

Hi Mate
Fantastic. A shame you did not save the track. :(
I'm very interested I just finished 1750km and just managed an average of 128km/h :? . Maybe I could get 150km/h if I make no faults. How you do that? :shock: The track would be fantastic so to get an idea. Maybe you have some tracks when you are fast I really would like to learn that. I flew gliders in real but nearly 50y back (I'm 66) and just Rhönlerche (Rhönstein :mrgreen: ), Bergfalke and Grunaubaby.
I'm German living in Thailand Kanchanaburi. Lousy IN so no chance to fly online.
Many Regards Didi

Didivolk66

Re: ...

Post by Didivolk66 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:43 am

You sure you understand what you are writing ????? :twisted:
MrTumnus wrote:In the real world you can't fly along mountain ridges because you have katabatic winds!

Didivolk66

Post by Didivolk66 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:50 am

Hi Great task
But a hint: not everybody (like me ) has a fast IN. If you attach screen shot pls reduce to medium size is good as well and much faster to look at. See example
Thx Didi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.