16/05 - Lesce-Bled 100km rectangle

This is the best place to exchange flight plans and flight tracks...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

markjt

16/05 - Lesce-Bled 100km rectangle

Post by markjt » Mon May 16, 2005 11:53 pm

Sorry, could not post flight track (was requested by another pilot) of a very well set task by TK (T.Krevh). I can email it if you would still like to see it?

Good use of turnpoints, so that height had to be conserved to get over two mountain passes.

Full water most of the way. Misjudged the location of 3rd tp. Should have checked the task map carefully! High start v. important (climbed around outside of cloud before start: could not do this in RL in most countries! Uros/GR: any way to include optional cloud flying rules/penalties in future patches/versions?).

Thermals had fairly tight cores and were hard to centre with full water. Difficult to decide wheather to keep water or not. The task kept pilots thinking all the way :)

I started my final glide 20km? before the 3rd tp, but this was because I assumed the tp was on the south side of a group of peaks. Nearly a very big mistake! (TK had set the tp's to be invisible until a few km. This made planning an important part of the challenge).

After 3rd tp I had to dump water to scrape over a saddle to get back, so lost a little speed on final glide.

Very nice task, thanks TK :)

Mark
Reg-#: G-1956
Comp-#: MT

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue May 17, 2005 12:24 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Its very challengine, but it was created by I think P.Keller originally, I just tweaked it a little bit.

Later on we had another great task where P.Keller managed an avg. speed of 179kmh, I came in second with 164kmh but 2km away from the airport where I wanted to dump water I found out I already lost it sometime before - most likely before the race when we chatted in the air :evil:

I flew without a single mistake so this could've easily been around 200kmh task.

We may fly it again tomorrow :wink: This time with watter/wasser/voda :P :P :mrgreen:

Dauphin4

Post by Dauphin4 » Sat May 21, 2005 9:15 am

Hello, I was the pilot who wants your flight track!

Can you email it to planeur@romandie.com ?

Thanks you!

(I was stuck behind the peaks before the end, I would like to see where I have done a mistake!)

Alain.

Hanks

Post by Hanks » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:22 pm

Hi,
I would be most gratefull if you could send me a copy of your track at
info@lesrochers.com
Happy New Year
Simon :D

kloudy

Post by kloudy » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:15 pm

me too, or the task file.

I would like to try it. :)