1000km task - club class! (with water)

This is the best place to exchange flight plans and flight tracks...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Sprunga

1000km task - club class! (with water)

Post by Sprunga » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:13 am

I have been thinking for ages of trying a 1000km task that is a bit more challenging. It is pretty easy to turn everything in the weather tab to max and get around a 1000km task in a new hot ship! So I finally I had a bit of time to try it out. I completed a task in the Std Jantar (with water) at a 'scorching 100.2km/h. I'm not the fastest around by any means so could be done quicker.

The weather basics were

Westerly at 15km/h
Inversion - 2500m
Cloud base -2300m (I think)
Thermal strength - Strong with medium variation
Thermal Width - Wide with medium variation.

I'm not sure how kosher it is because it included a fair bit of time over the mountains (in Provence 1.3) and I only got home because of ridge lift (albeit at 0.5m/s average) but I made it just before sunset! I didn't think it was going to be possible after taking 3 hours to complete the first 200km!

The task is here http://www.condor-club.eu/showtask/0/?id=10245 if anyone is interested - no flight track! it contains a penalty for cloud flying (for a few seconds :shock: ) so I can't up load it,

The flight track is here http://www.condor-club.eu/analysis/0/?rank=534963

dgtfer

Re: 1000km task - club class! (with water)

Post by dgtfer » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:15 pm

A nice flight!
You've chosen a very difficult path for the beginning!
Very long thermal flights from Vinon, with early starts, usually begin with a long tow to reach the first mountains.
Why did you choose the old Provence scenery? I've removed it from my HD for ages!

Sprunga

Re: 1000km task - club class! (with water)

Post by Sprunga » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:11 pm

G'day Dgtfer,

I wanted to put the flight on Condor Club for the distance diploma and the max tow height is 750m. I did try starting to the south of the hills and headed north but got hopelessly bogged down because of the rising terrain, not much lift and the low start. So I started this way thinking it would be easier over the flat land.

I haven't been using condor much and I only had the Slovenia Scenery. I have always like the Provence scenery but my computer runs Provence 2 like a commodore 64 so hence 1.3! I didn't put much thought into it!

Cheers Sprunga