How to convert from Slovenia landscape to South East England

This is the best place to exchange flight plans and flight tracks...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

GRAHAM BANNING UK.

How to convert from Slovenia landscape to South East England

Post by GRAHAM BANNING UK. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 pm

I have just installed Condor and am a new user. Can anyone tell me how to come out of Slovenia landscape into South East England please? Graham B

OXO
Condor Team

Re: How to convert from Slovenia landscape to South East Eng

Post by OXO » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:25 pm

Assuming you have the SE England landscape loaded, then all you do is to make a new task. Landscape selection is top right in the Flight Planner.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

GRAHAM BANNING UK.

Post by GRAHAM BANNING UK. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks Chris for your message. I am an old dinosaur so do not think I have got South East England loaded. In "Flight Planner" under Landscape selection, it will not allow me to come out of Slovenia. How can I progress this please? Regards, Graham

thermal

Post by thermal » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi,
Condor initially comes with one single Landscape only: Slovenia, version 1.03
Loads of other, user created, landscapes and other stuff can be downloaded from http://www.condor-club.eu
For only € 12 you can get yourself a "Premium account" and membership for a year.
Most scenaries are free of charge, but donations are appreciated because scenary creation is a very time consuming process.

Once an extra landscape has been installed in Condor's "Landscapes" directory, it becomes selectable in the drop-down window in the Flight Planner.
See the attached example.

Good luck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reg: PH-7270
Cn: "ZA"

GRAHAM BANNING UK.

Post by GRAHAM BANNING UK. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 pm

I have paid the 12 euros and joined the Condor Club. Still unable to find where on site to download the Landscape I require. Can you please further assist? Many thanks, Graham

terry1954

Post by terry1954 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:03 pm

select the sceneries tab in Condor Club, page 6.
Terry Foster

Comp No. TF1

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:06 am

Graham

Hopefully you will now have found all the condor sceneries, I suggest that as some of the sceneries are very large (the photorealistic ones) that you choose one of the smaller scenery downloads as a starter. I suggest that you download the file into a seperate area on your PC, I have a area called 'Condor addons' and within that a subdirectory called 'sceneries'. I create a subfolder for each scenery i.e. 'Provence'. The downloads usaully come as a zip file and therefore once downloaded and saved into your folder you need to unzip it. Unzipped it will create a folder with the scenery name, some sub folders (Images, textures, world etc.) and some base files with the scenery name, these are the 'flight planner' map, 'therma'l map etc. Once you are happy of the unzip and folder structure (i.e it is as I described) than simply copy the folder from download/unzip area to the main 'Condor' folder and paste it into the 'Landscapes' folder.

Next time you run Condor the flight planner screen should now have the new scenery to choose from.
If this is not the case then the most likely error is that the scenery folder structure is not quite right.

Any more probems just post here if you can get through the spammers. Welcome to Condor :D
Condor CN = E20

thermal

Post by thermal » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Maybe another tip:

I run Condor on a laptop with only 2 sceneries in its Landscapes directory.
The default Slovenia scenery plus the scenery I will be using on my next flight.
All other sceneries are kept in a separate Landscapes "Warehouse".

The main reason for that is my Antivirus package, that doesn't allow me to omit a folder/directory from a regular antivirus scan on system-files.
Running Windows 7, Condor was installed in the c:\program files(x86\ folder, which Windows 7 considers a system file.
Installing sceneries into the default folder structure causes regular AV-scans to last forever. :( Which, of course, is unacceptable on a laptop.
The separate Landscapes Warehouse is the one that contains all scanned sceneries and is omited from regular scans. The Landscape files never change.
Moving an entire scenery folder from the Warehouse to the Condor\landscapes folder (left mouse drag&drop) only takes a couple of seconds.
Reg: PH-7270
Cn: "ZA"