11389m

This is the best place to exchange flight plans and flight tracks...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

kaleu

11389m

Post by kaleu » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:59 pm

Hi,

I made a wave-flight up to 11389m MSL :D .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kaleu

Post by kaleu » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:01 pm

And here's the Flight Plan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Didivolk66

Re: 11389m

Post by Didivolk66 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Mate
Great stuff
My reply comes bit late :? . But I have Condor just 2 month. I think there has been a change in the weather model. I found finally a mini wave in Innsbruck but (50km wind at 170deg) the best climb rate was 3.7m/s. Most of the time just 1-2m/s. Took me ages to reach 4800m. Near Aosta I made 7300m but also very meagre climb rates. :cry:
If you are still around the flight rack would be nice. But I try anyway.
Didi

kaleu

Re: 11389m

Post by kaleu » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Didi
unfortunately(at least if you like wave flying) Condor-weather system was changed, so the old flightplan/flight-track won't help you much. Nowadays you need weak or perfectly no thermals and you have to be above the ridge-top and above the inversion (the altitude where the wave starts raises with the inversion height, but also the max. achievable altitude). So if you set inversion too high, it will be hard to get from ridge lift into the wave, if it's lower you can enter the wave easier but it won't be that strong in higher levels. And be aware that the area of good wave is quite limited(same shape as the lee-side of the mountains). If you found a very good area use PDA Screen 4 to stay there.
I attached a zip file with 2 flighttracks.
Innsbruck.ftr is very basic wave situation, you just make a winch-launch at Innsbruck, jump up the ridge in the north up to about 3200m and fly north into the lee until you get lift again. There a higher inversion should be possible as well as you can get much higher than 3200m on that ridges.
10000SI.ftr is the flighttrack of a 10300m flight in Slovenia, but it is very hard to get the wave, so maybe reducing inversion height will make it easier the first times, the wave itself is at the same position.
In other maps inlcuding higher mountains like mt.blanc you can of course achieve higher altitudes.
Just have a look at the flights from http://www.condor-club.eu/altitude/184/ if you click on a flight you can see the wind-direction used for the record flights, there you see the record in Slovenia was done with wind from 155°...so that should be even better than the wind in my flightplan.

If you have further questions just post them :)