Test your server connection and 'reachability'

Want to organize multiplayer session? This is the right place...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Dom

Post by Dom » Fri May 18, 2007 5:50 pm

|~Crazy*Pilot~| wrote:Once again a windows program sucks. I hate the default Windoof Firewall I am not able to get it forward the ports I need :roll: :oops:
Can you please describe what goes wrong? .. :)
CN: VD

SAN-Soarer

Post by SAN-Soarer » Fri May 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Öhmm Dom nearly everything :roll: :lol: or on the other hand, nothing works like it should :?

Timmey

Post by Timmey » Fri May 18, 2007 6:05 pm

Dom wrote:
Timmey wrote:I use Zonealarm Firewall, and I've allowed him already to let condor run as server with all boxes checked green and that stuff...

Any Idea :D :?:
Well, it should run without any problems .. :roll:
Is the Windows Firewall running in the background too? ..
No, only ZA!

I checked those green:

condor.exe
condordedicated.exe
condorserver.exe

curious :?

Dom

Post by Dom » Fri May 18, 2007 6:11 pm

:lol: :wink: Well, portforwarding on Windows Firewall isn't hard to do, and if the port is on the list of secure applications, then the problem isn't with this firewall .. :wink: There is some other place it goes wrong, ie. other firewall, antivirus, DHCP, router and so on ..
If your really want to become a host and read a lot of things, check out this thread as I pointed to on the first page:
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?t=5024
thermal did a great job writing these things down in a understandable language.
CN: VD

SAN-Soarer

Post by SAN-Soarer » Fri May 18, 2007 6:50 pm

Well I don't understand exactly what he's talking about there actually :oops: :? Seems like I am really too stupid for this :? :( Well no problem then :cry:

bodhi1985

Post by bodhi1985 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:58 pm

How should I configure ZoneAlarm?

I added UDP port in my router port forwarding. I disabled firewall software and still can't host :/

bodhi1985

Post by bodhi1985 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:33 pm

I've managed to host a server. However, the problem is that people can join the server, but I can't. What might be the reason?

flying.islander
Location: Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Galactic Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by flying.islander » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:44 am

Assuming you've setup a dedicated server, the only way to join is to simply type in your LOCAL IP adress to the computer that is hosting... like 192.168.1.xxx
CN: TXS
TX-ScubaSteve

Peter Pan

Post by Peter Pan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:28 am

bodhi1985 wrote:I've managed to host a server. However, the problem is that people can join the server, but I can't. What might be the reason?
Certainly you click the browser site with the serverlist on your flight. That doesn't go.

When you made your own 'server-flight' with the dedicated you must open Condor. Click on Multipalyer-Session. Next box click on refresh. In the window LAN Serverlist now your host adress is coming up and the first adress is automaticaly booked. Now click 'join' and you r in your game ;)

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:01 pm

Also if your connecting through a router make sure you have a static IP set for your PC, if not your router may well assign a different IP address to your PC next time you boot it so the router will forward ports to the wrong IP. Not sure about a single PC but it will definitely happen if 2 or more systems are using the router.

moandal

Re: Test your server connection and 'reachability'

Post by moandal » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:50 am

BOD1 wrote:To check if your firewall/router/server are ok to host a task, go here:
http://condor.ephemeride.com/port/152/

Thierry
I have no problems hosting a server/task, but that link says "Host unreachable: Receive timed out" when I try it. It's therefore not such a good tool as it may cause people to search for hours for a problem that doesn't exist.

For info I use windows firewall only, and I've set my PC up as a DMZ through my router (no port forwarding or anything like that).

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:55 pm

Which server? Which ip?

If the answer is "Receive timed out", it's because my server can't connect at all to your server. It can be temporary (internet congestion) or definitive (private ip, firewall, ...). But for sure, if you see this message, lot of users will see it too...
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

moandal

Post by moandal » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:49 pm

Which server? My dedicated condor server, running on this same PC that I am trying the server connection test from.
Which ip address? The one my router is assigned to by my ISP when it connects to the internet. This is correctly prefilled and unchangeable in the IP field on the test page. I don't have a static IP address with my ISP so it changes from day to day. (It's 91.125.161.131 today)

I have tried the test many times but it always returns the same "Host unreachable: Receive timed out" when I click Submit on the test page. However my dedicated server always displays on the Condor server list and no-one has any problems connecting, so my server is very reachable.

So as I said, this tool must be flawed.

Bulau

Post by Bulau » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:55 pm

What is the name of the server on Condor Serverlist?
Do you use default port 56278?

moandal

Post by moandal » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:10 pm

I've just started it up again - it's called:
"Test only No Race", and it's using the default port 56278.