Penalty Zone dump out

Want to organize multiplayer session? This is the right place...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Olympia

Penalty Zone dump out

Post by Olympia » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:37 am

I have now been given the ERROR message twice when doing the Bolzano-Rivoli task. The first time I was winning as well, which makes it very annoying. Second time was free flight and the same thing happened. I turned away from the zone towards what looked like green sea (unfinished scenery?) and bingo I got dumped.

Any idea how to avoid this nonsense? Next time I will just fly through the zone and take he penalty. I'd rather finish than be messed about with.

Olympia
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:05 am

You have hit the edge of the scenery, and condor won't let you fly off the map!

On that task, you must go round the left side of the exclusion zone.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:22 am

Thanks for that. Why can't they tell you this at the start of the race? It isn't fair to let a pilot who is clearly winning the task lose out. To my mind Condor has a lot of work still to do in the instruction area. I guess it is caused by the guys who wrote the progrm also writing the instructions. They are too close to the trees to see thw wood. I make model railway kits as a sideline and I always get my wife to check the instructions for logic, typos and clarity. Condor ought to do the same. There are other holes like not telling you the gate height till its too late!!

Why bother with 'penalty zones'. If you want to make life difficult for the pilots just put heavy sink in the area you want to exclude them from. They'll soon get the message. I think I hit a this idea on a recent task when I had permanent 6 down in a Nimbus in what seemed to be clear air. I ended up in the trees. :cry:

Olympia
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)

Olympia

Bolzano problem

Post by Olympia » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:12 pm

I tried again and this time went to the N of the penalty zone and got to the goal OK. I did a very fast time in free flight. I may try again in a multiplay.

Cheers

Olympia
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)