Some simple server questions

Want to organize multiplayer session? This is the right place...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

benethridge

Some simple server questions

Post by benethridge » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:24 am

Hi all.

1. I've been watching the servers for about a week now, on CondorServerList_JP program and elsewhere, and almost all the time (including now) there are no pilots registered for the race. All show "0/32" or "0/16", including the beginner server. Sometimes I'll see "1/32" i.e. one pilot racing (I assume?)....so bottom line is that I don't think I'll mess up anyone's race due to overcrowded gaggles no matter which race I pick, yes?

2. I thought to try the "US Nightly Soaring" and so have been training in an 18M with good results (much easier to get around the triangle than the PW-5). It's supposed to start each night (except Monday) at 9:00pm EST, but I looked at that time on the server lists and stayed a few minutes after 9, but I never saw the server come up. I don't even see what the server name is yet. But the results show that a race took place last night. What am I missing here?

3. Is the "Contest Number" for US Nightly Soaring registration (and maybe other registrations as well) the same thing as my Condor "Competition Number"? Maybe that's why I can't see the 9:00 server, coz I just haven't registered yet?

Ben

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Some simple server questions

Post by EDB » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:03 pm

1. There are a lot of free flight servers on-line 24/7. You usually can enter them without a password. Just try. You won't mess up anyone's race because there is usually no race when the server is without a password. Just free flight.

2. The best way to join a competition is to find the competition's website first and then register to the website and/or competition. There you will get info about the race. Times, Rules, Servernames, Passwords, etc... usually you will get more info about the task (and password) an hour or 45 minutes in advance by e-mail or by login in to the website. I don't fly the US Nightly...
http://gliderracing.com/pub/
http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/competitions/202/
http://www.virtualsoaring.eu/?lang=en

3. Yes. Your CN is the CN in Condor. For a competition they will have to be the same otherwise you won't get scored. The server has nothing to do with your CN. If they are not online then you won't see them.

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:23 pm

One that doesn't take registering is the Tchin Tchin race (11:30 AM ET (New York time)). It's there every day and sometimes even fills up. The server is in the EU somewhere (France perhaps?).

Since it's at 11:30, I can only join on weekends.

Edit: Maybe it's 12:30 since the time change.

No, it's 11:30 and it's already full today.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

benethridge

Post by benethridge » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:05 am

I see. Thanks!

canastel9g

Post by canastel9g » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:38 pm

sadatoni wrote:The server is in the EU somewhere (France perhaps?).
Yes in France, I see you, from time to time... :)

All days FR07 17h30 (11h30 for you :? )

http://www.condorsim.fr/communaute/view ... 50&t=14540

@+ Jean

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:25 pm

It is a lot of even, even though I usually finish in the bottom third (but not always).
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

canastel9g

Post by canastel9g » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:03 pm

It is no problem, the main part is to end :wink: