due to the fact that I live in Germany and follow the the famous Hahnweide Gliding Competition year after year, I decided to create a virtual replication of the competition, which gives you the opportunity to fly the same tasks in comparable weather conditions like the real competitors did.
Therefore, I'd like to invite you to the
Hahnweide Wettbewerb '17 Virtual Refly Competition
You can access the competition via Condor Club: http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/204/?id=277
The competition will take place from June 7th until September 2nd.
This will be an offline competition and all participants will fly all races of all competition classes except double-seater.
Races will be flown chronologically, which means first all races from the 1st competition day will be flown (in sequence of the gridding of the real competition), then we proceed to the 2nd competition day and so on.
For sure you can also host servers and fly tasks online with friends, but there will be no hosted servers created by me.
- There will be two tasks per week and all tasks but three (22/25) count towards your final score, so don't miss a task!
- Tasks will be published at 10:00 UTC on Wednesdays und Sundays and you can upload your result until the next task is published - if you miss to upload in time, there will be 0 points.
- Crash is scored with 0 points.
- Outlanding is scored with distance points achieved until landing out.
- You have one try per task.
- Scoring will be done by Condor Club with the official 1000 points rule.
- The pilot with the highest overall score out of all races wins the competition.
- I imported the official waypoint file from the HWW17 website into the HW_SWGermany 1.08 scenery, so I can create the tasks exactly like the real ones.
- Date is set to the real date of the task.
- Start time of Condor is set to the time the respective competition class was towed that day.
- Weather (Wind, Cloud base, thermal strength and inversion layer) is set according to the weather briefing from the website which is created by a local meteorologist at the airfield.
- Launch will be by aerotow to 700m.
- All NOTAM features are disabled except of logger, collision recovery and plane symbols.
The HW_SW Germany 1.08 scenery does not cover the entire competition area of the HWW17. Therefore, there are a couple of tasks (3-4) that have a waypoint which is out of the scenery boundaries. This waypoint will be shifted into the scenery area making this task a little bit smaller than it's original.
Those waypoints are named "m000 Name" instead of "000 Name".
Example: Day 1 of the 15m class goes to Waypoint "019 Bad Koen", this one is shifted to be inside the scenery area and is now named "m019 Bad Koen".
Official website of HWW17: http://www.wettbewerb.wolf-hirth.de/index.php
Soaring spot: http://www.soaringspot.com/en/internati ... werb-2017/
I hope you guys like the idea of this competition.
See you all in the air.