How do you know the outcome of comps?

Want to organize multiplayer session? This is the right place...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Urpethdj

How do you know the outcome of comps?

Post by Urpethdj » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Any help would be appreciated here.

I havetwo recently joined condor and tried to join a coup,e of comps. I successfully clicked on the server and flew the comps completing the tasks, but when finished I wasn't told if I can first, last or somewhere in between?

Thanks

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: How do you know the outcome of comps?

Post by EDB » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:36 pm

You can always see how you did compared to others on the server by pressing the TAB key when you are still connected to the server.

In almost all competitions you need a password to join the server. You get this by registering to the competition. It depends on the competition were it is hosted. You can find competitions on for example Condor-Club.eu and VirtualSoaring.eu... But there are others. Also depending on your time zone. Final results can be found there.

That said, many also upload there flights (FTR file) to Condor-Club.eu... Even if they flew somewhere else. On Condor-Club.eu you can also see what others did on the same task.

But at the moment Condor-Club.eu is down, so I can't post URL's to pages.

Urpethdj

Post by Urpethdj » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:38 am

Thank you. I will try the TAB key on next one.

So far, the two I entered didn't ask for a password. I just clicked on the comp title and pressed join.

Hopefully I'm doing it right.

I'm using the comp list on condor soaring.

Thanks again.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:00 pm

You might have flown on some free flight.

Register yourself on condor-club.eu and upload your FTR files here : http://www.condor-club.eu/rankftr/144/
If others flew the same task and also uploaded their FTR then there will be a URL in the task flight debriefing to the ranking of the task.

Competitions on condor-club can be found here : http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/competitions/202/

Urpethdj

Post by Urpethdj » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Thanks. I have managed to upload flight to the pilots ranking.

Does that ean thereore that indivdual comps are not won - just points gained for overall rankings?

thanks