Return of Beastly Soaring

Want to organize multiplayer session? This is the right place...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Paul_UK

Re: Return of Beastly Soaring

Post by Paul_UK » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Andy, me again (sorry). I set to fly from Lasham to Membury (50km practice) and whilst en route received an error message. It stated out of memory!

Here is the error log
ENTERED SIMULATION AT 15:20:49.
Landscape refresh start at 15:28:33.
Landscape refresh stopped at 15:28:34.
Landscape refresh start at 15:44:13.
Landscape refresh stopped at 15:44:15.
Landscape refresh start at 15:45:36.
Landscape refresh stopped at 15:45:37.
Landscape refresh start at 15:47:48.
Landscape refresh stopped at 15:47:49.
Landscape refresh start at 15:49:46.
GetMemory at 15:49:47: Out of memory.

This is the first time I have ever seen this error message so I'm wondering if it may be to do with something in the new scenery file? I can fly using the AA scenery and California scenery with no issues at all and I think they are high def too?

My PC spec is as follows:
i7 920 @4.2ghz
6gb ram
GTX780 GPU
SSD for OS
7200rpm SATA spinner with Condor installed on it

It may well just be my PC however I thought I'd let you know as it might not be and it may be something you know how to fix?

Cheers
Paul
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Ref Nympsfield, when creating an airfield the terrain covering the runway must be flattened and then the runway height set to the same level. In the case of Nympsfield the area on the top of the hill is a bit tight and I have not flattened a large enough area. I have made an correction but what with the release of V2 being soon (or so the rumours would suggest) there is no point in releasing a patch as I will convert SEUK to a V2 scenery.

Ref the memory problem, it is a high resolution (8k condor tiles)scenery and therefore more at risk to problems with individuals PC setup. A possible cure would be to use Condor Club's texture reducer, which works very well with just as good detail. Once again the release of V2 may provide a more stable (with high res scenery) Condor than V1.
Condor CN = E20

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:28 pm

I can understand your reasoning Andy with V2 hopefully to be released soon :mrgreen: I noticed I had my view distance on very high too so I've changed that to high and I'll re-try the flight again at some point in time. This may resolve the issue.

I'm not sure what the memory restriction is with DX7 but I know with DX9 it's 4gb. As you say I'm pretty sure Condor 2 will be optimised to make use of much more ram and 64bit architecture so all of these niggles should disappear.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....