Multiplayer Idea: - Double Seater Class/Races

Want to organize multiplayer session? This is the right place...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

BA

Multiplayer Idea: - Double Seater Class/Races

Post by BA » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:21 am

Hello all,...

this idea isn't very new, but still in my mind. 8)
When I am thinking of Condor :D ...with all those famous Races and Cups of the past... and when I read grumpy comments about the developers on the other hand, then I'd like to shout something out loud but I don't do it here anymore.

The intention is to bring back some life into Condor...with that what we have.

The Idea:

Two pilots form a team. They both fly a given Task together on one server ... not in the same plane of course, but very close at each other.
The distance between them must not exceed, let's say, 1,0 or 1,5 km.
A penalty will be given for the time above this distance.
If one crashes -> the team crashed...
They nearly have to act like they're conjoined twins. (Start....finish...etc. aswell)
etc.

"CMK" an me tested this kind of flying a few years ago... our max distance was at 1,0 km ...but we tried to never get separated more than 700m.
And that worked really well. We shared same clouds, lifts...ridges at nearly the same time.
While one is flying ahead and acts like a -let's say- conductor the other one can scan the area or the weather. A bit like in real life... You have to trust each other and you will be able to learn from each other...etc.

In my opinion it is worth to try it...
There are enough people available who could give that idea a hand ...maybe by hosting...doing the maths for penalty... test flights....others like Thierry Bodin or Helmut Kuenne could help by doing the programing for a possible scoring. ...and more.

I know there will be probs...like for instance: what happens...if one or both got a disconnect...etc.

So,..what ya say?
Let's share it...let's give it a try!

Cheers
BA

BA

Re: Multiplayer Idea: - Double Seater Class/Races

Post by BA » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:34 pm

:roll:
Ok, maybe it's to complex to find a cheat for that kind of flying :mrgreen: *lol*?