Team SA - St Auban Challenge

Want to organize multiplayer session? This is the right place...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

ajl2chat2u

Team SA - St Auban Challenge

Post by ajl2chat2u » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:16 am

Another exiting Challenge presented to you by the Condor Soaring Team SA. St Auban Challenge will be an 8-day competition in the beautiful landscape of Provence. The competition will start on 31August 2009 and ends on 28 September 2009. This competition will be combining country and mountain flying tasks, with varying weather each day of the competition.

During the competition each week we will host 2 competition days as usual, with the first day starting on a Monday at 4am UTC and the second day starting on a Thursday at 4am UTC for the duration of the 4 weeks of competition.

Hope to see you all online as part of the competition. May the best pilot win!
Andries Lombaard (LA)
Virtual Soaring ZA - Server Administrator

ajl2chat2u

Re: Team SA - St Auban Challenge

Post by ajl2chat2u » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:23 pm

Just 7 days to go! Please join Team SA with another 8 day competition, run from the same airfield over a period of 4 weeks.

Each pilot has one chance to score points on each task. Refer to our rules for more about these races.

Each week we will run 2 tasks, first starting at 4am UTC on a Monday and the other at 4am UTC on a Thursday. Each task brief and results for each day will be available on our website where the dates and times for these races are confirmed as well. The sever will be available 24/7, unless a race is already in progress or some technical issue comes across.

Hope to see you guys there...
Andries Lombaard (LA)

ajl2chat2u

Post by ajl2chat2u » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:11 pm

The competition is well under way at the moment. I noticed early leaders such as JS, LS, CN and 3P under the top 5.

Disconnected from the server during the race? Now you can upload your Flight Track (.ftr file) to have it scored manually.

Condor Soaring Team SA will validate your FTR and score your flight as soon as you have uploaded it to our server. You would however be required to register in order to upload Flight Tracks(FTR's) to our website.

Click here to navigate to the Upload page.

Feel free to join us guys, it's a lot of fun!

Just a reminder of our rules for this competition:-

Multiple day competitions or challenges rules

-The main purpose of these races is to test the skill of the South African Condor pilots against themselves and other international Condor pilots.
-Each pilot will only have one chance to compete in each race day.
-Only the first completed flight will be scored, even if more attempts are made to fly the race. If the rest of the flights were completed in a faster or slower time, it will be ignored.
-A race cannot be re-flown when a pilot was disconnected from the server. Each disconnected pilot would be allowed to upload their completed race Flight Track for scoring by Condor Soaring Team SA.
-When a pilot crashed during a race, he will not be allowed to re-fly the race.
-A race cannot be re-flown when a pilot landed out during the flight. In that case they will only receive a score based on the distance that was covered up to the outlanding point.
-Each race has to be flown online in order to be scored, unless a pilot was disconnected and continues to fly the task. In this case the Flight Track can be uploaded for scoring.
-No off-line flights are allowed to practice a task.
-Each race will be scored on a maximum of a 1000 points.
-There are cloud flying penalties during each race.
-Plane recoveries will be allowed after a mid-air, but there will be penalty points when doing so.
Andries Lombaard (LA)

kisyasa

Post by kisyasa » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:13 am

Hello!
I am Kisyasa from Hungary! I have a little problem!
I would like it if you would take it into consideration in first St Au Day 1 race day my result, which one from the server truth because of kirugás do not throw into the result, but than attempt included!I do not notice it now between the results on the other hand!
Thank you for your help ahead and the suitable judgement of the thing!
Yet so much, that where let me send the data of the distance and what I shall send? ( ftr-t or Igc-t)? :?

kisyasa

Post by kisyasa » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:17 am

Thank you, but I believe it meanwhile i found it, that where it is possible to charge it it Ftr-t!

ajl2chat2u

Post by ajl2chat2u » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:31 am

Your FTR was received and scored. Thanks!

I noticed that you were disconnected from the race and the only way we are able to score a pilot, is if you forward us the FTR's of your flight. I noticed a number of pilots on the day 1 score still show disconnected and we have no track to score them.

By the end of each next race day all "un-scored" disconnected flights will have to be verified and scored!
Andries Lombaard (LA)

ajl2chat2u

Post by ajl2chat2u » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:08 am

Day 1 Preliminary Results click here
Andries Lombaard (LA)

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi there,

just have the question if i need to take part every race day.
Or will best X races out of 8 scored?

Just asking cause i missed 1st task.
Had a lot of work to do this week.

I do not recognize anything concerning this in rules.

thx

iron

PS: I like the TeamSA project.
Nice doin there!!!!!!!!!! THX
& DONT STOP

ajl2chat2u

Post by ajl2chat2u » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:09 pm

You have to fly all of the 8 days. :(
Andries Lombaard (LA)

eisenhans

Post by eisenhans » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:53 pm

no prob so im a little too late ;)
did not check time on date.
planed to fly it today cause i just checked day not time.

have to fly faster...
i can still join?
think so.

iron

ajl2chat2u

Post by ajl2chat2u » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Anybody can still join in and fly. We just had 20 pilots on the server and it was fun.
Andries Lombaard (LA)

kisyasa

Post by kisyasa » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:57 am

Hello TeasmSa!
I start it to feel a small one crappily myself, because as if you would not want to allow me to fly on a neat server, cak some if connects the server and let my thing be much heavier so! This surolni starts the border of the discrimination!
It Ftr-t I sent it I hope for this you accept it because contrary stains crappily in a case to affect!
I would like him not to be found more because this competition of yours degrades his standard and does not characterize my knowledge!

ajl2chat2u

Post by ajl2chat2u » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 am

Not 100% sure what you wrote to us, but I think you are unhappy with you getting disconnected from the server all the time.

It is definitely not a case of us not wanting you to fly our tasks and never will be disconnect players from our server. Unfortunately we have no control over the quality of any internet connection to our server. There could be many factors why players are being connected from any condor server.

The only thing we can do in these cases is to ask players to upload their tracks for scoring when they do get disconnected.

Our apologies for this!

PS. your flight was received and will be scored manually!
Andries Lombaard (LA)

ajl2chat2u

Post by ajl2chat2u » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:25 am

Day 2 of our competition had no less than 104 participants. We had a great turnout this time with good performances by a number of our South African pilots. Only 59 of the participants completed the task, with 10 landing out and 17 crashing. Day 2 was won by Sandor Laurinyecz in an ASW27 at a speed of 161.6km/h. Congratulations to all!

Day 1 has been finalised with no further changes to the score since the completion of the race. The overall standings indicate a total of 130 pilots competing in this competition to date.

Day 3 kicked off this morning and will be active until Thursday morning at 4am UTC. Pilots are reminded not to wait until the last moment to fly the task as any technical problem could mean that you don't have a chance to fly a race.

A TeamSA standby server may be started at times called "TeamSA St Auban Day ? #2", feel free to join in when you see it online.

We wish you all the best for the next round of this race. Hope to see some of you online!
Andries Lombaard (LA)

ajl2chat2u

Post by ajl2chat2u » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:49 am

Day 3 was another interesting task with good competition up in front. Congratulations to Sandor on a good win. His speed was 174.5km/h over a task distance of 176km. This task had 73 participants of which 46 completed the task successfully. The Overall Results is indicating a strong battle for the top 5 positions in this competition. There is also another tight race on the go for position 6 to 10.

Day 4 will be more challenging with weather conditions not as strong as we have had up to now. It would be interesting how this is going to affect the current standings. Day 4 will see another Speed Task over a distance of 129km this time among the mountains of Provence. We are wishing you all the best with this race.

WARNING: Penalty points will be issued to those pilots not complying to the rules of this competition. Off-line practicing is not allowed and so would flying online not be allowed where pilots fly the total distance of a task, without an official start. This is totally unfair to those pilots that comply to the rules of this competition. Guys, the idea of these races are to have each pilot fly their optimal race the first time round, just like in real life! In real life you don't get to practice your task and we would like to keep it the same way in these competitions. Should you be caught you will receive a 100 point penalty.

I trust we are clear on this matter. Enjoy the rest of the competition.
Shot161.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andries Lombaard (LA)