"You were kicked by server. Slot request timed out..."

Want to organize multiplayer session? This is the right place...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Had it happen to me last night. Tried a couple of servers. Took a reboot to fix. Of course, by that time the join time was over for the contest I wanted, but it did connect to other servers again.

I'm wondering if it's because, for some unknown reason, Condor decided it had to re-read all the glider skins again, which took a few minutes (I have most of them from condor club installed).
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: "You were kicked by server. Slot request timed out..."

Post by EDB » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:08 pm

sadatoni wrote:Condor decided it had to re-read all the glider skins again
It does that when switching Summertime/Wintertime and Wintertime\Summertime. Next time around that time do a free-flight well before joining servers. Or, if you don't have the time but want to join fast and your add-ons are in the virtual store, rename the Planes folder there and do the conversion on a later time, when you have more time.

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:31 am

Interesting. Are there specific dates it does that on?
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:55 am

Luis Gayoso

Post by Luis Gayoso » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:32 pm

I still have this problem and I want to try EDB´s solution that mekes sense to me.
"It does that when switching Summertime/Wintertime and Wintertime\Summertime. Next time around that time do a free-flight well before joining servers. Or, if you don't have the time but want to join fast and your add-ons are in the virtual store, rename the Planes folder there and do the conversion on a later time, when you have more time."
Please, can you explain about this part:
"your add-ons are in the virtual store, rename the Planes folder there and do the conversion on a later time, when you have more time."

Thanks

EDB

Post by EDB » Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:38 pm

The MicroSoft VirtualStore (%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore) isn't used anymore in Condor2. It was in Condor V1.

Back then all user placed and changed files where in that spot. It overruled file versions in the Condor root folder structure. So the Condor root folder structure was kept clean. Very easy for backing up, testing, moving to an other system, etc... And very easy when having the problem you have.

It's now too difficult to separate the Condor.club files. Your best bet is to do a free flight well in advance before flying a new task when daylight saving times have changed.

Or well in advance use the Condor Updater tool from Condor.club. I see you can Verify integrity of Goodies there, or even uninstall selected goodies.
Download it here : Condor Updater

Luis Gayoso

Post by Luis Gayoso » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:26 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.
I tried all but no luck.
I open in freeflight and then tried on mulptiplyer and nothing.
Before this I verified integrity with condor updater and said no problem found. Even I removed all my goodies.
Reinstalling Condor and sceneries yesterday, but nothing.
Anyway thank you again

EDB

Post by EDB » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:09 am

Is because something takes to much time before connecting with the server. That can be anything. In the case of the topic starter it was skins of the planes.

It can also happen with landscapes with too many objects around an airport or the flatland weather options is set too high. Or your internet connection is lagging. Maybe your PC is installing Windows update and at that moment blocks additional internet traffic, etc, etc.

Check Windows update. Update if necessary, Reboot and try to connect to a free fly server with the Default Condor landscape.

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:14 pm

If you save your sceneries on a separate hard drive, try to save only the textures there. It is usually the objects that cause long loading times. It helps if they are on a fast (ssd) drive instead of having to load from a HDD... or even worse USB!
PH-1504, KOE