FAI World Series 2023 - CANADA - Unfair changing the task rules and not mentioning it in the briefing

Moderators: Bre901, havet865, snip

Paul_UK

Re: FAI World Series 2023 - CANADA - Unfair changing the task rules and not mentioning it in the briefing

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:04 am

Surely what has come from this is that there just needs to be a process in place to follow for the task briefing. i.e. it may be a document that this issued or a post in this forum or other form of social media etc and whatever is on CC is to be disregarded.

This situation has arisen due to what we're all used to and some may have not seen the information posted on FB about there being no handicap used for this task.

It could be whatever the comments are added to the task when uploaded are to be followed, regardless of the info auto-generated by CC.

Until Thierry can update CC to allow handicap to be disabled upload any task that will not use handicap as OPEN class and in the task briefing / notes restrict which gliders are used. Anyone flying an incorrect glider after the Stop Join has finished just gets kicked (I'm sure many will have been informing that pilot they're in the incorrect glider on the server).

I like the idea of the rulebook revision and the following open discussion on potential changes too.

We're still on the steep part of the learning curve but I'm sure it won't take too long to get things slickened up a bit!
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Kekelekou

Re: FAI World Series 2023 - CANADA - Unfair changing the task rules and not mentioning it in the briefing

Post by Kekelekou » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:49 am

The main issue here is that there are too many sources where the (sometimes conflicting) race rules can be found : CondorClub, the task window within Condor, Discord, this forum, several other websites and so on.
My suggestion would be to mention on all non-official sources : "The only applicable race rules are the ones giving in the latest release of the FAI eGlide pdf booklet available on Discord link" (just a madeup example).
This implies that the race organisation team must refrain from communicating specific rules outside the official Discord link, and must always answer to questions about them with "please check the said document on Discord".

Post by 6266 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:39 am

I almost agree. I don't agree in using a place for the official rules where you are forced to have a third party account. F.x. Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Discord a.s.o. Everybody should have the freedom not to have an account there without beeing excluded from an official event.

If a Condor account is used for rules to fly Condor or an FAI account to fly an FAI event it is perfectly fine but no third party accounts.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:45 am

CC was updated last Sunday to force handicaped scoring to be disabled at will. Results and ccRating reflect the change.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:51 am

Thierry, the change you have implemented is it only available when setting tasks for a competition?

I don't see an option to not take into account handicap for 20m class when uploading an individual task - I could be missing this? I only see the option to force the use of DAeC index.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:41 am

Hi Paul,

I didn't updated UI yet, only code and DB. Just tell me the task ID and I will disable handicap for you.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:07 pm

Hi Thierry,

OK I understand. I don't have a task currently I was just thinking to use it in the future as currently if a 20m class is set the Arcus doesn't seem to ever fair well against the Duo when handicap is in use, be it IGC or DAeC. I don't know why as I thought in RL the Arcus would be the ship of choice due to it's superior performance however in Condor that doesn't seem to work out.

Cheers