FAI VARESE - Error on Task 1

Moderators: Bre901, havet865, snip

CristianoConrado

FAI VARESE - Error on Task 1

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:27 pm

The 1st Varese Day has a error in the task with the last TP before finnish limited from 350 to 400 and not above 350 - to 10000 as the rules specifies and as all the other races was done - I did win the race and I expect the organization fix it. You can see my stream and the FTR.

https://youtu.be/HT0bOkszwHU?t=7106

The training day (yesterday) the reporting point also was Gurone 350-10000. 350 to 400 does not make any sense and is diferent form rules of virtual and real SGP, also diferent of all other Virtual SGP races.

That kind of thing is not fair.

Last edited by CristianoConrado on Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CristianoConrado

Re: FAI VARESE - Error on Task 1

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:42 pm

Control point is a thing you need to fly above and not below.

Finnish time 14:06:08

Last edited by CristianoConrado on Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:24 am

Sorry, Guys!
The organizing team has been working very hard to provide you with the more realistic flights we could in these VSGP (besides producing 6 new sceneries, representing thousands of benevolent hours of work).
A mismatch between the task setters led to this (small!?) error, that viciously escaped to the controls scans we've set. We hope it won't happen again. But anyway, I don't think you can compare this competition to a "trick trap joke race".

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:49 am

The point here is the classification for the SGP FINAL.
All the pilots are dedicating important time of our lifes for this competition, and we expect respect.

The important question here is: WHAT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO?

I am sure there is some solutions possible:

1 - This is a FAI competition using the Condor Club website, but nothing blocks you from do a paralel scoreboard for the oficial classification using IGC files and real life scoring system like Erik Praznovski competitions.

https://virtualsoaring.eu/xmas2019/

You can create a new task with a no limit control point (to not harm the other pilots (who crossed the control point below 450m) and use the igc score system wtih all FTRs converted to IGC file.

2 - Condor Club Website is a graphic result of computer programing, his admin can do anythig he whant.
He can input the values manually in the scoreboard for example.
Thierry (BOD1) is not responsible for this issue, but i think he should whant to help. It is a important competition with lots of Condor Club premium members since it was created, like me.
Yes, it is time comsuming, but what is the right thing to do?
Is the Competition staff doing his best effort to fix this mistake and produce a fair result?
As a FAI / IGC competition you need to find a solution for it, or this not deserves to have their stamp.
I am already fowarding this issue to brasilian IGC delegate and IGC board.

You need to produce a better response than this one.

Cristiano [CON]
Last edited by CristianoConrado on Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:52 pm

You can see in the stream I almost touch the ground trying to check the TP, most part of the TP window is below the terrain.

Complete nonsense!

Kekelekou

Post by Kekelekou » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:27 pm

Well, the max altitude was not as per the usual standards/specifications, but :
- the altitude limits were clearly stated in the briefing (as proven by your screenshot)
- the limits were the same for all contestants
So the task looks fair to me. Changing the rules after the race would be unfair to the pilots who complied with the restrictions.
Anyway, such an issue with the max altitude should have been detected and reported beforehand thanks to proper and comprehensive task inspection and flight preparation.

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:01 pm

Nobody on perfect mind will expect this nonsense on a FAI race.

It is against safety and against all the pattern of all previous races.

To be able to turn that point you need to go for tree tops on the lowest part of the terrain with enough speed to go back to enough altitude to fly to finnish line and cross it above the minimum.

The minimum Finnish height is a mandatory rule to keep the safety.
What is the point to make pilots go below it before finnish line.

It is a clear violation of the rules of FAI.
The reace setup is against the competition rules.

If it will stay as it is now, the result of the race will be determined by a trap, a trick, that can be tolerated only at a joke competition, not at a FAI/IGC official event.

Admins can make a new fpl with limit from 350-10000 and score it again with same FTRs, nobody will be penalized.

For sure it can be done for external score, the dificulty is to make it at Condor Club.

I just dont know how to export it to Condor club again.

Maybe edit the XLS of the race result and upload it with BOD1s help.

The only thing we can not find a solution is for the death. Everything else has a solution.
Last edited by CristianoConrado on Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:25 pm

Any scoring software can edit each TP rules and keep the FTRs / IGCs valid.
SeeYou, SoaringLab, even the ShowCondor IGC.

Last edited by CristianoConrado on Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:34 pm

I do not use helpers as I think it ruins the experience , but i entered the race again to check the TP.

Most of the TP area is below terrain ahead.
Is it or is it not a joke?