Refresh VR

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

emmanuel

Refresh VR

Post by emmanuel » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:09 pm

Hi everyone,
I just bought a Meta Quest 2 and I find the texture of the scenes not as clear as I expected when spiraling. Refresh is jerky and the textures are blurry, crisp, blurry, crisp… Even in local tests, not on line. In on line races, the other gliders movings are fluent.
My pc is brand new and up to date (i7, 3070 i etc). I have the Meta cable usbc between the Meta and the PC. I tested an another usbc cable (20Gb/s) and nothing change. The resolution changes nothing.
Do you have The same feeling with VR ?
What do you thing I can improve ?
Thank you.
Emmanuel

JLN

Re: Refresh VR

Post by JLN » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:18 pm

Hello
I use a Quest 2 for approx 2 years and I am very satisfied. My PC is pentium I7 16 GB and I have a NVidia geforce RTX 2060 graphic card on Win 10.

I Know that Condor can be launched directly in Oculus.
But for me, I prefer using Steam VR and Revive Dashboard (I use 1.8.0.6).

If I launch condor directly in Oculus I find that there is a flicker in the landscape, especially in the upper edges, and the canopy has also a sort of flicker in the figures for example.
Whith SteamVR and Revive all is net and fluent.

I have to say that sometimes it can happen that Condor freezes in Steam during flight. I think that It comes from too high settings in graphic set up in Condor and which landscape is used.

Before lauching oculus, I use a program I got with my graphic card : Asus GPU Tweak II which " optimise my PC for Gaming".
Regards
Jean-Luc

emmanuel

Post by emmanuel » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:25 pm

Thanks Jean Luc.
I installed Steam VR and it works.
But I don't know how to launch Revive Dashboard.
Someone can explain yo me ?

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:43 am

Jean-Luc, hello.

Are you saying you can use a Quest 2 without running the oculus software on your computer?
Postojna is no longer a pain in my empennage. :mrgreen:

JLN

Post by JLN » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:14 am

Hello,
For Kaibeth : I use Oculus first to launch Condor. :wink:

For Emmanuel :
I have downloaded and installed revive dashbord 1.8 (I suppose Here https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive/releases/tag/1.8.0 It's long time ago...)

On the PC : I launch Oculus.
I start my Quest. I use Airlink. (But cable would be good )
On the PC:
I launch Steam VR.
There is a small icon (white triangle) in the right low corner which is revive dashboard. I right click and quit.

I launch the 1.8 revive dashboard. A new same icon appears in the right low corner. I right click on it and click inject. I choose condor.exe.
Condor is launched on the PC. I set my task etc.
I start flight .
I put my quest and wait for the flight begin.
All that is not very long.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kaibeth

Post by Kaibeth » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:34 am

For myself, I launch Oculus Link from inside the headset. I then launch Condor and fly.

I have no visual issues at all at max graphics on Ryzen 7 3700X and a 2060 video card.
Postojna is no longer a pain in my empennage. :mrgreen: