Support for Varjo Aero?

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

romeromf@yahoo.com

Support for Varjo Aero?

Post by romeromf@yahoo.com » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:00 am

Just purchased a Varjo Aero VR headset, and it is pretty mind blowing.
It does support Steam VR and Open XR, any plan to support it on the current or future version of Condor?

alioth

Re: Support for Varjo Aero?

Post by alioth » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:49 am

As it supports Steam VR you can setup your software the same way you would do with HP reverb g2. There is a setup guide in this forum.
Not very straightforward but a lot of people here are using reverb g2 with success.

I don't know if it is confirmed but I suppose openXR will be supported in condor 3. I think Condor 3 will be a great moment to purchase Varjo Aero.

Arturo. AMS.

romeromf@yahoo.com

Post by romeromf@yahoo.com » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:36 am

Gracias!

romeromf@yahoo.com

Post by romeromf@yahoo.com » Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:41 pm

I am still unable to use my fancy Varjo headset..

Anyone successfully use the Aero on Condor 2?

Any word from the Devs?

Thanks!

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:54 pm

I just tried to use my Varjo Aero headset with Condor2, no success, I installed Oculus Rift app and revive. I used Varjo Base app with SteamVR mode, I injected the game to Revive app. This way I was able to get visible image to mirror screen window (image moved when moving the headsets) and there were some text information visible in HMD screen, otherwise black screen.

I may try to prioritize some background processes with process Lasso app but I'm not very optimistic..

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:28 pm

melodrama wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:54 pm
I just tried to use my Varjo Aero headset with Condor2, no success, I installed Oculus Rift app and revive. I used Varjo Base app with SteamVR mode, I injected the game to Revive app. This way I was able to get visible image to mirror screen window (image moved when moving the headsets) and there were some text information visible in HMD screen, otherwise black screen.

I may try to prioritize some background processes with process Lasso app but I'm not very optimistic..
Turn off MSAA Supersampling in the Condor graphic settings.

I think you can use the Antialiassing in one of the other apps, just not the build in one in Condor.
PH-1504, KOE

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:34 pm

wickid wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:28 pm
melodrama wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:54 pm

Turn off MSAA Supersampling in the Condor graphic settings.

I think you can use the Antialiassing in one of the other apps, just not the build in one in Condor.
That was it ! I turned the MSAA off and it started to work with my Varjo Aero HMD's.. And the image was very good .. :D

So, I referred the same instructions like Reverb G2 users and skipped the WMR part. (my list: Oculus Rift app installed, Revive installed => use the same version that was mentioned in the G2 instructions, Varjo base: OpenVR=enabled / OpenXR=disabled), SteamVR, Condor.exe injected to Revive, MSAA = off).

My game starting procedure was this:
- Open Varjo base
- Open SteamVR
- inject Condor game to Revive (right bottom corner, open show hidden icons, select Revive icon with right mouse button, select inject and select your Condor.exe game file; game should start after that)
- Proceed normally, VR mode will open when you start the game

Herbster

Post by Herbster » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:24 pm

Hey Guys
I spent yesterday following the set up for the Varjo Aero and could not get any fly button to appear in Condor...
The list of training options I could see but no 'start' button.

Very frustrating!
Can you help me at all, Ive loaded all the software as listed above but I could not seem to get the reverb s/w to insert the condor exe. Or maybe it did but nothing happened and I could not fly.

My Condor exe is on the D: would this matter?

Do I launch condor from inside the Aero or do I launch it and then put the HMD on?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

George

Herbster

Post by Herbster » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:15 pm

Ive fixed it!
faq pointed me how to get the sim going. :roll:

Yahoo. Varjo Aero running!

Thanks.

George

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:49 pm

Herbster I would be interested to know how sharp the Aero is?
I cannot for the life of me get a really clear image with the Quest 2
Regards
MikeM

Herbster

Post by Herbster » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:18 pm

Hey Mike

Well, the aero is very sharp indeed. I have used an oculus rift in vr on race car simulators and there is always 'mist' which is not so good for spotting braking points...

I purchased an Varjo Aero on the recommendation of a contact (Sim Nautica) who is building a glider sim for me. I have a high spec pc which he also specked for me with a 4090 as the gfx card...

I have to say that there is no mist in the aero at all with both Condor (and msfs. )

The first time I flew with it, it blew me away, looking out over the side of the cockpit... Ive done a fair bit of skydiving and it was just like looking out of the door before exit.

There is a small procedure to get Condor to run, but its simple.

Launch Varjo Base.
Launch Steam VR from Varjo base (click the heading on the left side)
Inject Condor into Revive from the tray

And Condor launches. Pretty simple.

At this time, I am getting some stuttering and 'lag', or something like this after about 25 minutes play... annoying but Wojciech (Sim Nautica), will sort this out for me possibly later today when we get the chance to 'Team Viewer' the pc. It feels to me like a cache is filling up or something and its creating an issue. Woj, will be able to sort this for me.
Im training landing circuits at this moment, so I just do two from 1000ft on aero tow and then quit and restart. No problem.

I have never flown Condor with any other HMD such as revive etc. Im not going to bother either, as the Varjo Aero is perfect. It's reasonably light, has a good strap system and the image is crystal clear. My Headphones fit over the top.

Expensive, but you get what you pay for don't you?

Im training with Condor in order to start flying for real this year at Coventry Gliding Centre in the UK.

Yahoo!

Hope this helps, let me know if you want any more information.

If any instructors are reading this, please get in touch as I would like some online coaching please.

Have a great day, Go Fast

George

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:48 pm

Thankyou....goals for the next update then......If you fancy some mountain flying.....head for Denbigh Gliding here in North Wales!!. I only live a mile away. if you want help on Condor then let me know.

Herbster

Stuttering...

Post by Herbster » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:33 pm

Hey Guys

Does anyone who is running the Varjo Aero with Condor2 suffer from any stuttering?

I get stuttering about 25 minutes into a flight...

It happens every time. I am not sure what is causing it... It ran once for about an hour plus in the standard scenery with not a stutter.

I changed to the uk so I could fly from Husbands Bosworth and I have stuttering every since. Im pretty sure I have changed back to the standard scenery and its stuttering.

I did delete a file (not within condor) but cant remember what it was... :roll:

Can anybody help me with this?

I have asked Varjo but they say that the aero is not supported by condor 2.

Thanks, Happy Easter

Herbster

Post by Herbster » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:28 am

All sorted now. it was a cpu issue.
Happy Flying

George