Quest 2 / Windows 11 Connection Problem

Discussion about VR

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

rroche

Post by rroche » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:25 pm

Hi, I have an intermittent Connection problem with my Oculus Quest 2 Headset and my Dell Alien running Windows 11. It works fine 80% of the time, but when it fails to connect I can't seems to find the sequence of events that make it connect. I have a fairly new Dell Alien that when it connects works great. Oculus support says I should install Windows 10, (this seems strange to me), my Alien came w/ Windows 11 installed. I appreciate any advice, it's frustrating and I've tried to figure it out. It's been going on for months and I'd like it reliable. Thanks.
Ric

rroche

Post by rroche » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:33 pm

Hi, I have an intermittentt Connection problem with my Oculus Quest 2 Headset and my Dell Alien running Windows 11. It works fine 80% of the time, but when it fails to connect I can't seems to find the sequence of events that make it connect. I have a fairly new Dell Alien that when it connects works great. Oculus support says I should install Windows 10, (this seems strange to me), my Alien came w/ Windows 11 installed. I appreciate any advice, it's frustrating and I've tried to figure it out. It's been going on for months and I'd like it reliable. Thanks.
Ric

I apologize for the double posting, I didn't post my first in the correct group.

JBlyth

Re: Quest 2 / Windows 11 Connection Problem

Post by JBlyth » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:59 am

Are you running the Oculus via Link or AirLink?

I just got a Quest 2 yesterday, and I had also sorts of problems getting the unit to pair with my laptop until I opened my firewall to a number of Oculus programs.

I think AirLink is the way to go as it avoids long and costly USB cables, but you need to have a 5GHz WiFi access point in the same room for best results.

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia.

rroche

Post by rroche » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:30 pm

Thanks. I have been using the USB c cable. I'll try AirLink.

JLN

Post by JLN » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:38 pm

Hello

I have win 10 but I also tried airlink with quest 2.
It works but take care of the battery charge. Standard battery gives you 2 (relatively sure) or 3(?) hours.
For a long flight it is very disturbing to see warning on the low level of the battery
Regards

Snapcase

Post by Snapcase » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:12 pm

i had a lot of issues with Quest 2 on W11.

After researching it on google - a lot of peope had same issue. Everybody said that Quest 2 is still not compatibile with W11

Went back to W10 - all fine now :) No issues
Wojciech Sołtysik - SOL - Poland

h.kreso

Post by h.kreso » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:25 pm

No problem for me, Win 11. Also working great on MSFS. Have 3 m USB-C cable buyed from Aliexpress. GPU is Nvidia 1080 Ti